Bass VSTi

240v

Super Perfectionist
Hi,

I wanna get a better bass guitar sound from my recordings. Can anyone point me towards some decent Bass VSTi's or sample packs? I'm asking because buying a bass is out of the question for me. Thanks.

Trillian is the daddy if you have the cash, trilogy and basis are fair to reasonable

I have the kontakt libraries, theyre pretty good...but i own a bass anyway so i havent done more than play with them

I really like the ampeg stuff from amplitube.

Get Amplitube Free (comes with a few ok guitar rigs and a pretty lousy SS bass rig). Pay $25 and get one of the Ampeg amps and cabs from the Custom Shop and you'll be golden. I use it on all of my recordings and have been very happy.

I was just going DI with bass and that wasn't bad either.

The assumption would generally be that if you're running a bass VSTi, then you're recorded a bass track to start with.

I don't know of anything in particular that will convert a guitar line down a few octaves and make it sound like a bass in any convincing fashion.

There are plenty of MIDI bass synths but they tend to sound like bass synths, not bass guitars... put perhaps you can try what IK Obi is suggesting... a bass synth through the free Amplitude Custom Shop thingy which has a bass amp on it... might get you halfway there..

What did you use in your sig tune? Sounds muddy. Some EQing might help it a bit.

Tagbo will tell ya that there isn't a thing out there that can touch the authenticity of real double bass.

The assumption would generally be that if you're running a bass VSTi, then you're recorded a bass track to start with.

I don't know of anything in particular that will convert a guitar line down a few octaves and make it sound like a bass in any convincing fashion.

There are plenty of MIDI bass synths but they tend to sound like bass synths, not bass guitars... put perhaps you can try what IK Obi is suggesting... a bass synth through the free Amplitude Custom Shop thingy which has a bass amp on it... might get you halfway there..

What did you use in your sig tune? Sounds muddy. Some EQing might help it a bit.

Sometimes EQing out some of the sub bass out of bass can help clean it up a bit and make it appear "tighter".

Back