Band names you proposed that got shot down?

dogooder

The following are a few names I wanted to use that got shot down starting with my fave
NANNY NANNY BOO BOO
When asked who I played for I could answer in a sing song voice, NANNY NANNY BOO BOO
if asked what kind of name is that I could answer in a sing song voice, STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO DOO.
others
EARACHE
ONE THIRTEEN(not two or more mind you, just one. It was on a cardboard box.)
MIGHTY WHITEY
TINY HINEY
WYSIWYG
maybe I will remember more
sometimes musicians just take themselves too seriously

Last edited:
At one point we considered FLOP, which just happened to be the first letters of our last names. That would have been around the age of 16-17. We decided is really wasn't that cool.

At one point we considered FLOP, which just happened to be the first letters of our last names. That would have been around the age of 16-17. We decided is really wasn't that cool.
I got B.E.D. Ltd. on the poster
There was a rumor going around at one time that Hendrix was going to join ELP and they were going to call it HELP. George and Ringo talked them out of it.

Tiffin Badger was one.
The Chiverton's was another that got shot down by band names but eventually, I resurrected it as Barry and the Chiverton's.

The following are a few names I wanted to use that got shot down starting with my fave
NANNY NANNY BOO BOO
When asked who I played for I could answer in a sing song voice, NANNY NANNY BOO BOO
if asked what kind of name is that I could answer in a sing song voice, STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO DOO.
others
EARACHE
ONE THIRTEEN(not two or more mind you, just one. It was on a cardboard box.)
MIGHTY WHITEY
TINY HINEY
WYSIWYG
maybe I will remember more
sometimes musicians just take themselves too seriously
After the Yardbirds imploded, Jimmy Page was left holding the baby and left in a contract. He had to cobble together a band quickly to avoid being sued to do a contactual album and a Scandinavian tour in 1968. He asked his fellow session musician John Paul Jones who he had worked with to help out. Jones knew a young raw singer and that singer knew a young raw drummer. It was a risky punt. That untested band was put together very quickly to fill a gap. Page had a few drinks with Keith Moon and told him about the New Yardbirds.
Moony said... oh it will go down like a lead balloon Jim.
2 years later, biggest band in the world.

After the Yardbirds imploded, Jimmy Page was left holding the baby and left in a contract. He had to cobble together a band quickly to avoid being sued to do a contactual album and a Scandinavian tour in 1968. He asked his fellow session musician John Paul Jones who he had worked with to help out. Jones knew a young raw singer and that singer knew a young raw drummer. It was a risky punt. That untested band was put together very quickly to fill a gap. Page had a few drinks with Keith Moon and told him about the New Yardbirds.
Moony said... oh it will go down like a lead balloon Jim.
2 years later, biggest band in the world.
Yeah I remember I remember watching this 'biggest band in the world' on Live Aid 1985. o_O:unsure: Old Moonie wasn't far wrong.😏

A fan no. But like you say they wrote a few good songs, as did many other bands who could play live, but didn't receive the same 'in aweness'.

Perhaps LZ were great in 1970. Yes and even Duran Duran had a few good songs.

I like anything that I think is good. Now there is an answer.:P My tastes could be classed from weird to excellence. But this thread is about band names that got shot down.

'75. Live, Madison Square. Studio version has untold number of overdub guitars. This live performance is perhaps superior to the studio recording, which is no small feat. Behold.

Apples, oranges, and lead balloons aside, next to The Beatles, Led Zeppelin was the greatest rock band of all time. Full stop. Nobody else even comes close.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Reactions: TAE
Back