Bad day blues? (not blues)

IanW-UK said:
Is anyone up for vocals then? Tom, are you giving em a go?

Hey Ian, I've actually had the melodies I wrote for it in my head for two days. But I just bought a new guitar amp so I was playing that from about 9:30 yesterday morning until 10 last night. It has renewed my love of the electric guitar.

I'm going to try to play with this today and hopefully the girlfriend won't make me spend time with her. I mean, what's more important? ;)

Last edited:
Hahaha! You're a sick man, Khompy. I gather that bottle of Jack got the best of you last night. ;) That was loaded with attitude. Was that just one vocal track with delay?

I did a scratch vocal too after breakfast. Hopefully some others will jump on it too, because it's fun to see how differently people hear a tune. I also added a little guitar lead at the end to fade out, but it kinda sucks. LOL. Oh well... it's called Great Things. Had fun...thanks Ian.

...uhm.. yup:( hadn't had a drop for like 2 weeks and then last night i just went .... berzerk... ...... just berzerk .......

heh i like your version especially those smooove "great things" and that new amp sounds sah-weet. This bed is killer, major props to Ian for such fertile ground (espicially that little guitar, buzzing in from the right).

In fact arrangementwise kinda reminds me of the idea we've been kicking around this week (Monday!).

Yeah i used a couple of tracks on mine but i didn't bother with the little things like (holds up fingers in "quote" gesture) "making up legible lyrics" or "planning and synchronizing". If anyone can figure out what i'm saying it's news to me, probably something Fruedian like "I wuv my mommy"

Cool stuff guys.

Tom, you have a very distinctive voice. You almost sound English :cool:

Khompewtur, nice lyrics........I think :D

I hear the Zep influence. I think much of rock after Zep was influenced one way or the other by them. This could be a great song. Cool progression. I couldnt do it justice with my Vox. The drums sound great! Tighten(tune) up the Bass. I can hear melodies come out all over for this......Hope to hear this with Vox and melody...
Myx

fascinating! nice choruses eric!

Is it me or is anyone else sensing the similarities between all of the different versions.

It makes me wonder whether when constructing songs in this manner if it's the instruments that write the vocal melodies only you just don't know it yet. Like subconciously picking up certain overtones and working those into the melody lines. Even more so rhythmically.

Hey maybe there's your solution Ian. Put a whole bunch of different 'rappers' in your song and each verse can be sung by a different 'hep-cat' and then pepper it with a bunch of east-coast west-coast jive talk, like the Beastie Boys or something.

Khompewtur said:

Is it me or is anyone else sensing the similarities between all of the different versions.

Yes. I was amazed at some of the similarities yet the differences were way cool.

If I were giving out awards it would be: Lyrics - Khomp :D. Seriously I was determined to figure out what you were saying. I think I might have made out a word or two. :) Nice work.

Tom - I thought yours was sweet. It had a little Radiohead feel with the heavy guitars and your vocals on top, maybe off Pablo Honey or The Bends. The feel and style was very cool. I thought the lyrics were very nice. Not sure about the solo :) Tone was cool, maybe not for this song though.

Eric - When your vocals start, I was like it's Radiohead again. :) Then the chorus kicks in. Cool. Nice changes. Cool lyrics again. Nice ending vocals. Cool panned harmonies.

Excellent job fellas. I enjoyed listening to the talent here all in one thread. Thanks.

And Ian, once again, you provided a great bed for their talent.

Cool stuff erichenryus, I particularly liked your mellower vocals. I like the dynamic you created too :) I'm not really into rap rock type stuff generally but I guess the backing sorta implies it :) It's interesting listening to each of the takes how people interpret stuff differently and yet kinda similar aswell, as you guys already mentioned.

Nice.

Ian..........

Back