Axe-Fx

David

anyone read up on this? I've read a lot of reviews and thinking of buying one. Sorry if this is old news..

http://www.fractalaudio.com/

Word over at www.sevenstring.org (where I mod and kill most of my 'net time) is that it's a modeler that combines about the best digital preamp that anyone's heard with Eventide-quality effects. The dude who designs them is supposed to be a big Mesa nut, so the Mesas in particular are supposed to be phenominal.

The clips I've heard haven't really overwhelmed me, but I could say the same about half the "real" Mesa clips I've heard too. :lol: Also, it's worth noting that one of the comments I keep hearing is it "feels" like a real amp, much more so than any other modeler.

Word over at www.sevenstring.org (where I mod and kill most of my 'net time) is that it's a modeler that combines about the best digital preamp that anyone's heard with Eventide-quality effects. The dude who designs them is supposed to be a big Mesa nut, so the Mesas in particular are supposed to be phenominal.

The clips I've heard haven't really overwhelmed me, but I could say the same about half the "real" Mesa clips I've heard too. :lol: Also, it's worth noting that one of the comments I keep hearing is it "feels" like a real amp, much more so than any other modeler.

And it does feel like a real amp, to me. I just bought one a couple weeks ago (used standard) it's quite a steep learning curve for me, but I'm having a blast with it so far. I'm going to do some recording with it this weekend so I'll put up some clips when I get something recorded.

Back