Audition 3's the best so far

• Audition 3's the best

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • A previous version of Audition is better

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • A version of Cool Edit is better

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
After reading all of this... Im def sticking with AA 1.5... i Remember the small changes i had to get used to when i switched from CEP 2.1 and I was super shitty almost afraid that it would take me a while to RELEARN and not that much had even changed. I could have gotten 3.0 yesterday but something told me to NOT get it. And I guess this thread was the reason. Haha

-HyPe

After reading all of this... Im def sticking with AA 1.5... i Remember the small changes i had to get used to when i switched from CEP 2.1 and I was super shitty almost afraid that it would take me a while to RELEARN and not that much had even changed. I could have gotten 3.0 yesterday but something told me to NOT get it. And I guess this thread was the reason. Haha

-HyPe

hehehe...I'm so with you on this......but then again, my studio is a hybrid.

Love AA 1.5...best interface I have ever used, and,,and,,and...you can actually learn to master it one day!..(and it leaves extra bandwidth available in your brain for the music!):D:)

You Really are bored huh! haha jk jk. But ya. I started with CEP when I was 15... I was so afraid to switch so I just stuck with the same program. It can't get much easier. Now to just get the EQing down properly haha

-Hype Is Here, Tell your sister

Non destructive editing vs destructive editing - no competition.

You can do anything you want and know that you can come back 6 weeks later and undo it - artistically this is really condusive

I upgraded to 3.0 when it first came out and I'm still quite satisfied with it.

I started with 1.5, and upgraded to 2.0 when it first came out. I never could get 2.0 to run right..it kept dropping the playback cursor, so all of a sudden I wouldn't know where I was in the track..bummer..Adobe techsupport couldn't get it either..video drivers, etc..so I returned it.

So a couple months later I found an optimizer patch for my AMD chip and got all enthusiastic. Yep..bought 2.0 again..and it still didn't work..returned it again..dang. :(

So I went back to 1.5 and that was still as good as ever for my editing work, but when 3.0 came out..yeah..I bought it..

..and I loved it, with all its plusses and minuses. I would never go back.

My editing is faster..period.

..gotta love all the Izotope stuff..the noise reduction is the same as in 1.5 per a/b tests..and the guitar cabs are lame..but the mastering suite is pretty good.

As for midi in 3.0, I never used it..never needed it, as I use Reason 4 for midi, and that works for my music. I am using Propellerheads Record also, since ReWire in AA3 is less than impressive.

I do manage to crash it about once every month or two, which isn't bad considering I am using it 40+ hours a week..I'm running an Intel dual core now, so maybe that has something to do with it.

So for work or play, I wouldn't go back to 1.5, and I wouldn't touch 2.0 with a ten foot pole.

Back