Audio interface for mono vox for MAC under 250?

mustardeer

Was about to buy a tascam us144 and read the horror stories on mac forums. Just need a single mic in and one line in will do. Should be reliable, it's for traveling with a mac book pro. usb 2.0 or firewire.

help?

the line in is not a must but the quality has to be there.

i don't want:
m-audio
art
tascam

motu and apogee are too expensive.

maybe echo? but i would be paying for firewire which i don't need. What else is ebayable and mac friendly?

dude, why the hell are you bumping this during a 15 minute period? Twice?

Couldn't you just edit your original post?

Its not like this forum is so busy that after 10 minutes your topic is halfway down the page.

Try Presonus they make some small audio interfaces.

They make a small 2 channel called Audiobox USB.

or there is the Inspire 1394 a 4 channel audio interface.

not sure that will help. Never tried them I know one person that uses a Inspire with no issues.

I use a RME-Audio fireface 800 and Octamic D in my set up.

On the cheap I'd say M-Audio Fast Track.
I tried the Presonus. The metal build quality was there but sonically it was thin, and had some self noise.

I've since picked up an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra and I'm loving it.

As a matter of fact, The smallest one with (1) Mic pre and (1) Instrument in comes with Pro Tools M-Powered "Essential"

Looky Here

Last edited:
thanks!! got the firebox. m-audio's stuff isn't sexy enough to qualify as a romantic gift imho. audiobox wasn't usb 2.0, just usb i think so i passed.

Try Presonus they make some small audio interfaces.

They make a small 2 channel called Audiobox USB.

or there is the Inspire 1394 a 4 channel audio interface.

not sure that will help. Never tried them I know one person that uses a Inspire with no issues.

I use a RME-Audio fireface 800 and Octamic D in my set up.

I don't recommend the Presonus interfaces with Macs. There's a flaw in the power supply circuit in those devices that causes them to just plain not work at all when bus powered off of any Mac built in the last four or five years. They draw too much inrush current at startup (in violation of the FireWire specs), so the Mac hardware shuts off the port thinking that it is shorted out. So you are forced to use the external power supply and a firewire cable with adapters to adapt down to four pins and back up to 6.

Back