Audio commentary capture 2 headset mics Skullcandy PLYR 2

andrewf12

Hi. Was hoping someone might be able to assist with this. Trying to capture voice audio / game commentary from 2 Skullcandy wireless mic headsets connected to an AVerMedia game capture HD 2 device that is connected to a PS3. The Skullcandy transmitters have a 3.5 mm audio jack. The AVerMedia device has a 3.5 mm headphone jack and a 3.5mm microphone jack for game audio and commentary capture. I tried using a splitter to connect both transmitters to the AVerMedia but that didn’t work. Not sure if I have the wrong connectors or if I need a preamp device for the 2 mics then output to the AVerMedia single mic port. All my 3.5 mm connectors have two rings. If anyone knows how to hook this up I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

Well I cannot as yet find a skullcandy headset with a mic but, assuming you have such a thing the receiver should surely have TWO jacks? One for headphone input and one for mic output (H/P could be wireless or BTh but I would still expect a hard wired connection as well?)

Try the mic output directly into a laptop mic jack. I suspect you might need a small mixer to sort all this out (but I am NO gamer!) You won't do better than the Soundcraft Notebook FX8 IMHO.

Dave.

Your mics probably are electrets and need pip power. Laptops provide 5V as pip power.

Using a Y-cable won't work because there's not enough power for both mics. At least, that's what I suspect. Have a look at the manual to see if you have dynamic or electret mics?

Your mics probably are electrets and need pip power. Laptops provide 5V as pip power.

Using a Y-cable won't work because there's not enough power for both mics. At least, that's what I suspect. Have a look at the manual to see if you have dynamic or electret mics?

The mics are powered by a rechargeable battery in the headset. No 'plugin power' needed. Headset is wireless and needs to be paired with the 'transmitter'. I think the transmitter handles the audio for both the mic and earpieces when connected via a USB connection to a 'device'. The 3.5mm jacks into the transmitter appear to be audio inputs only. Appears there is a 2.5mm to 2.5mm cable that is used with an XBox Live controller which I think can carry audio for the mic and earpieces. Not sure how two transmitters can be connected if using USB.

Poorly written PDF instructions with no hookup diagrams I'm not going to spend time to figure out.
Some setup info here>>>> Product Setup Instructions

OP would be best served calling Skullcandy for help as I don't think many here will be familiar with what he has...

"PLYR 2 Xbox 360 Setup | PLYR 2 Mac Setup | PLYR 2 PS3 Setup

Thank you for your recent Skullcandy Gaming purchase. Below please find some simple instructions on setting up your new PLYR 2. Should you run into any trouble, know that our support team is here to help and can be reached at 888.MY.SKULL (697-5855), Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. MST. "

Thanks, Mark.

If it is BlueTooth, I run. Even the Beats headphones sold by Apple aren't guaranteed to work with a Mac, let alone with Windows...

Thanks, Mark.

If it is BlueTooth, I run. Even the Beats headphones sold by Apple aren't guaranteed to work with a Mac, let alone with Windows...

Uses BT frequencies, but somewhere I saw it isn't BT compatible.

Back