Apologies, need a sanity check...

Some of us are still used to the old system where after a couple days or a week or whatever, you couldn't edit a post. Just habit to put it in a new post lower down...I just did the same thing and am realizing I'd better go back and post the second clip in my OP. :facepalm:

There is no edit option for the original post.

Yes, it was July. I think the new limit is like 2 months or 90 days or something. But thanks for reminding me about mine. :)
Continuing with this side-bar, the reason why I would like too have members put all their mix updates on the original post is...
1) I don't have to go hunting for the most recent mix.
2) I want to give a un-skewed response to the mix query, without peeking at other mix suggestions.
Maybe the mods can make a no time limit edit feature for those reasons.

Continuing with this side-bar, the reason why I would like too have members put all their mix updates on the original post is...
1) I don't have to go hunting for the most recent mix.
2) I want to give a un-skewed response to the mix query, without peeking at other mix suggestions.
Maybe the mods can make a no time limit edit feature for those reasons.

Agree completely. Maybe we should rehash this at https://homerecording.com/bbs/special-forums/homerecording-and-audiofanzine-feedback/

First mix:
1. Hats are off-the-charts loud.
2. Bass is MIA.
3. Balance during the hard part seems weird. The guitars lack power, and the vocals are too "on top" of the mix. Gotta seat the vocals in while giving the guitars more power. Drums could come up a bit during the hard part, too.

Last mix:
1. Generally fixed the hats in the updated mix, but they're still too loud in comparison with the crashes and ride. Not too bad, though. If possible, roll off a bit of the highs for the hats.
2. Bass is fixed. Sounds great.
3. Balance during hard part still seems weird. It's almost like the vocals are outside of the mix. Guitars still lack power.
4. Now, right before the hard part, the vocals are obviously being turned up. This usually isn't a problem, unless it's obvious... ...and it was obvious. :eek:

Overall, the new mix is definitely a step in the right direction. Everything I haven't mentioned (like the guitar balance during the non-hard part) is very well done.

Just gotta keep at the mix during the hard part. It's gotta bite. It's gotta sell itself.

Keep at it.

Back