anyone wanna collab?

still waiting on the bass track...:cool:

hey Bent, so what did you use to record your drums? sounds pretty good.

still waiting on the bass track...:cool:

hey Bent, so what did you use to record your drums? sounds pretty good.

Thanx man :)

Recorded in my low ceiling, concrete floor/wall basement (no treatment around the drums other than a small carpet under the kick and a pinup girl quilt hanging on one wall) :D

Overheads were MXL 603's, Snare was an SM57, Beater side of kick was an SM58, Front of Kick was a D112. I use 3 mics for 6 toms (6"/8"/10"/12"/14"/16") MSH10's for Tom 1 (6" & 8") and Tom 2 (10" & 12") and another SM 58 for the Floor Toms (Tom 3).

All mics into my ADA8000 and then ADAT lightpipe out to my VS2480.

:)

very cool man, these drum tracks are gonna be a breeze to work with. very clean. and very consistent snare hits! :D

same place they are usually.. no where to be found.

I'd offer the play the riff but my recording bass is effed up right now. (Warwick) All I have is a shitty Dean bass for backup and it records like shit. It would do that song justice with that killer bassline.

guitars are almost done, real close.

i need to do some of that noise crap in the middle and i'm trying to reproduce that the best i can. i also have some other little things i'm adding to it to make it sound legit.

bear with me :]

cool man, just do whatever sounds good to you, doesnt have to be 100% dead-on like the original as far as the noises and junk. just make somethin up and i'll work with it, hehe.

haven't heard from the bass player much since i first tried to PM him. guitars are supposed to be almost done i guess, but nobody's sayin anything. VSpace you can do some guitars too if you want. or bass, whatever. i'll leave it up to whoever gets it done first. :D

Ok well, in the spirit of keeping things moving I layed down a bassline. If whats his toes comes back around and does it just ditch this one, its has a mistake or two anyhow.:D

As I said, I used a POS bass so it doesn't sound that great. Also, listening to the file, I hear some CRT noise from my PC. Oh well, if you can't EQ it out, lemme know.

So who do I send it to? I can't use Gunthers site since this is a cover.

thanks man, the bass sounds great. now we just need some gee-tars! contacting jndietz about that.

it looks like jndietz hasn't been online in a while, but VSpace you can go ahead and do the guitar parts if you want, just for the sake of keeping things rolling. if the other dude ends up posting his guitar parts, i can still work with both. the more the merrier i say. :D

yeah guys do whatever. i'm not done still. i've been studying for mad tests the past week or so.

sorry about that :\ keep it goin' though...

Back