Anyone up for a trade???

Frusciante_Fan

Hey guys I really want a "good quality" 1/2 inch reel to reel!

I have a Brand New Audio Technica 4050 mic and a FMR RNP dual channel preamp. I was wondering if anyone would like to trade?

Or if anyone has a nice 1" inch machine , if you would like to trade the mic and preamp + a couple a hundred dollars?

thanks....

hey sorry for delay

Hey mix , sorry for the delay , my internet has been down at my house and the only way iv been able to post is at work ,,, and we got a "memo" about over usage of company computers .... sorry my net is back up , and your offer sounds very interesting. I just had a few questions

1 , how are the heads?
2 , how noisey is it? I heard some tascam are very noiesy? its okay if it is , I was just wondering if I need to purchase a external noise reduction.
3 , where you from? shipping cost?

Frusciante_Fan said:
Hey mix , sorry for the delay , my internet has been down at my house and the only way iv been able to post is at work ,,, and we got a "memo" about over usage of company computers .... sorry my net is back up , and your offer sounds very interesting. I just had a few questions

1 , how are the heads?
2 , how noisey is it? I heard some tascam are very noiesy? its okay if it is , I was just wondering if I need to purchase a external noise reduction.
3 , where you from? shipping cost?

no worries.... I understand computer "problems"

to answer...
I would say the heads have approx half of their life left. At this point, there is no problem with freq. response, etc. I potentially could get a picture of them if my camera will get a good enough picture up close. Upon inspection, you can see where the tape path has been, but they are not worn like I have seen on most machines of that era.

there is some tape hiss for sure. As another guess, I would say the S/N ratio is around 65dB, but I am certainly open to being corrected by someone in the know. On a side note, I have 4 DBX 150 units (stereo) that work great with the machine and for the most part eliminate the tape hiss. It becomes a matter of opinion whether it alters the sound enough in a negative way, but I ALWAYS used it, as it allowed recording at lower levels for a wider dynamic range. Most objections from most "noise reduction naysayers" are that it screws with the bass response too much, but you might solicite some other opinions here in the forum about the use of the DBX units with the Tascam.

I am located in western Kentucky...about 2 hours north of Nashville and 3 hours south of St. Louis. I am open to delivery rather than shipping if the distances aren't too great. Otherwise, we are talking about shipping a 50 lb recorder. I do have the original box for shipping and can double box it too. I would guess we are probably talking around $50 as a approx ship cost. If we do ship, I would want to sell "as is" because a ride with "UPS" would probably not be the best for the older circuit boards.

I also have the manual and a RC71 remote and potentially a pile of cables to hook up the noise reduction units, etc.
Additionally I have some extra take up reels, splicing block. leader tape, head demagnatizer...bunch of stuff like that.

I am completely computer based at this point and that is the reason for my wanting to get rid of the setup. I do have a 1/2 track too, but I use that on occasion and would want to keep that.

I can post pics if needed.

Where are you located at?
I would also be interested in talking on the phone to work out any details if needed.

Back