Anyone interested to fix and mix my vocals?

theForgotten

Hi there!If anyone's interested to fix and mix the vocals for my song please write me.I'm not good singer and in my case I don't know if the vocals are good or bad because are mine (sometimes they sound good and sometimes bad to me)so I need someone to hear them and to try to make them best.I think that I don't ask too much.Thanks and I hope that I'll help to someone someday!

Sorry for my bad english!

yea id be willing to give it a go. just send me the tracks. make sure they are in .wav though. im tired of people sending me mp3's to mix. pm me and ill give you my email.

Ok!Today I'll comp the vocals and at the end of the day I'll send to you.I can upload them on rapidshare.Isn't too big to send you on email?Bye and tnx!

I can export the backing music as *.wav if you like but this is not a final because I have to add synths and acoustic guitar solo.I've send the backing music just to be able to tune the lead vocal better.Why you need backing music in *.wav?Tnx!

Hi theForgotten.

I'm not really sure what you need then. You mention 'tuning' the vocal but I'm not sure if you mean that you think the vocal is out of tune because it sounds good to me and you only need to add some harmony to help carry the song I think. Using pitch correction or vocoder, would only kill the song anyway.

So I decided to just do my best to try to make the vocal sound as nice as I could. So I added a noise gate to try to filter as much of the bleed over from the music as I could, I added some reverb, a de-esser, a touch of compression to help bring the vocal up to strength, a little bit of EQ and finally some tube to the master output.

Then I decided to make a few different versions using some slight stereo chorus-ing and so you have a choice of four different mixes. I'm sorry if it's not what you needed and maybe if it's not...then somebody else might be able to help out. If you do like any of the mixes though...just let me know and I'll send you a link to download the full 24bit stereo vocal track.

Anyway, here's the link so you can listen to what I've done:-
http://1001music.co.uk/temp/forgotton.htm
I've included the vocal only version for each mix but have edited out the silence to save webspace and download time.
Also...somebody had a problem downloading mp3's from my website and so you may have to click the link again if you only get 7 seconds of the mix...let me know if you have this problem.

Thanks...

Mart.
ps...I know I mis-spelt forgotten on the link. :o
pps...you never told me the name of the song and so I named it forgotten ;)

hmm? works for me... did you scroll all the way down for the download?

i would use lightningmp3, but it hasnt let me upload anything for a while now... not sure why.

No...the page doesn't load at all. It just times out and gives me the 'page cannot be displyed' error.
Maybe cause I'm in UK...is the service you're using a worldwide thing or exclusive to USA ?

I've never heard of sendspace.

Tnx guys for helping me!Mart[1001] I like your version of vocals but it sounds more electronic to me.whjr15's version of vocals I like more.Please don't get me wrong.I like both versions of vocals but whjr15's vocals sounds more natural to me.whjr15 how much time it will need to finish the vocals?Please finish them and PM me with link to download them.Thanks again to both of you and God bless!

Tnx guys for helping me! Mart[1001] I like your version of vocals but it sounds more electronic to me.whjr15's version of vocals I like more.

That's no problem mate....infact, it's sort of a compliment because 'electronica' is my genre LOL.
But seriously, I enjoyed what I did. :)

It must just be me then that can't download that link if theForgotten got it ok...maybe my ISP blocks one of the hops or somat. Shame though cause I would like to hear your version whjr15 as I obviously have an interest.

Back