Any tips for these house tracks?

Jefrome

Hi,

I've been producing tracks for quite a while now, sort of on my own. I mostly ask friends and people around me what they think, but I'm quite curious about what people with a more 'sophisticated' musical background can tell me about my tracks.

I'm open to feedback and it would do me good to hear some real opinions instead of just 'this is good, or this is not good'!

For those who do, thanks for taking your time and I'll be keeping track of this thread :-)!

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good for the genre at first. ERASE: The 'Zipp' and responding tone, are completely overboard, IMO. Threw the whole thing out of perspective, and annoyed me, actually....But you asked. I am a rock kinda guy tho..

Shockwave's well-constructed, but a bit too bright for my taste. It's like the person who mixed it was afraid of being told the mix was too dark. :)

Shockwave's well-constructed, but a bit too bright for my taste. It's like the person who mixed it was afraid of being told the mix was too dark. :)

Yeah, I would agree, it is quite bright man. 7-10k is creating a harsh reality for me. And no, I'm not stoned. That 'most annoying sound ever' is really loud. I would be looking for a explosive device, before a implosion of a building, before I would dance to such a noise. Sorry, I am a rock guy, and not such a great resource of opinion, when it comes to 'HOUSE/MDA/ACID/SHROOMS/RAVE' type of music. Though, I have done quantities of most of them, I really like a quiet lake, Helloween on headphones, a dog that I love, and stars myself. lol

Also, snare keeps sucking back the feel of the song (over limiting IMO).

The buildup on Shockwave left a little to be desired. I wished there was more of a harmony underneath the lead sound throughout the track. And the lead sound needs to be updated with something more modern-sounding. It's just sounding a bit dated. I want to hear some cymbal crashes on the transitions, too. It's a decent track, just needs to be made a bit more sophisticated.
Didn't listen to the other two - no time. Good luck with these.

Thank you all! Despite of your mostly rock backgrounds, these are true words :-) E.g. Shockwave could indeed be a more darker track when it's mixed another way. Somehow chose to mix it clear and not like 'turn it up' by Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike for example.

Shockwave had a pretty good build up but lost me at 1 min. It seems to be leading into something that never happens. Hopefully that isn't harsh sounding.

Erase is much better, more interesting. Has some really interesting sounds, especially in the beginning. The vocals are a bit cheesy but I bet ppl would eat it up on the dancefloor. Cool song overall. Just needs some more bass rhythm, I keep waiting for the bass to come through.

Turn the lights off has a really cool hook. Love the synth bass. Also some cool percussive moments. I would modulate the vocals that's all. Sounds a bit flat an unenergetic.

Back