Another n00b VST plugin question

neoclassical85

Im using Acid Pro 7 and Ive recently been trying to experiment with some free amp sims Ive downloaded, they work fine however I cant find a way to monitor them. I need to hear either from my PC speakers or through headphones in my Line 6 UX2 what Im playing when the amp sim is loaded in my DAW. Sorry for the stupid question, maybe Im just getting tired as Ive been messing with Acid Pro for almost 10 hours today, but Im stumped on this one and the help files failed to help me. Hopefully someone whos running Acid Pro can give me specific instructions on how to do so. Thanks.

Neoclassical85

Google is your friend. From Direct Monitoring In ACID:

'...add an audio track and click on the 'arm for record' button. it looks like a red circle. once you have done that you should see the input level meter appear and another button which looks like two speakers should also now be visible just left of the 'arm for record' button. click it and make sure the 'input monitor' is set to 'on'.
now when you play you should see level meter activity and you should be hearing sound too. good luck and let me know if this works or not. its also possible that you do not have everything connected correctly but that is just a guess on my part.'

Thanks for your response, Ive already read that article and Im very familiar with the works of google :)
Im sorry, I should have mentioned I do know the feautures in Acid Pro 7, the problem is, it won't let me switch monitor mode to "on" (And In acid pro 7 it actually shows up in the mixer as opposed to the audio track as in previous versions of Acid.) Does it have something to do with the sample rate or settings on my UX2? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Neoclassical

P.S. I dont have monitors for my UX2, I was hoping for now I could get it to monitor from my PC speakers by selecting them as my output in my DAW. Im assuming the Line 6 UX2 supports direct monitoring, it works fine when POD Farm is on. Wont let me monitor through headphones with my VST plugin in Acid either. I suppose I could try opening pod farm and using no effects whatsoever for a dry signal and then run the VST in Acid pro and see if that works. Ill have to try that when I get home, Im just thinking out loud now.

Last edited:
Lol, wasn't meaning to sound patronising, apologies if it came across that way. I'm afraid I've never even seen Acid Pro so am of little further help with your particular problem, although I would assume it's an issue in your DAW, not with your interface, as the sound has to go through the DAW to get the amp sim added. Does your interface have a input/output mix knob? Sometimes I find I need adjust this to allow the playback and input sound monitored together (either out to monitors or headphones).

Hope you find a solution soon!

lol No worries man, I do have the output volume up on the sound card, Acid Pro simply will not allow me to turn the input monitoring "on", it just wont allow it to come on, and with no error message or hint as to why. I'm going to delete this thread and start one in another forum as this isn't really a "vst plugin" issue, its to do with Acid Pro. Cheers man :)

Back