Two Notes VST Mystery

rjmajor323

Hi All,

I tried to google this before posting a question like this but I cant seem to find a straight answer.

Im currently on an M1 Macbook Air with Adobe Audition installed. Ive got Two Notes remote installed and I downloaded all of the VSTs for Mac OS (I do not know the difference between them). The Two-Notes firmware is updated to the latest and when I open up the Torpedo Remote it is getting an input signal but I couldn't get any sound out of the Mac. It doesn't show any output preferences of any kind on the Mac to let it play back through speakers. I kind of gave up on that and figured I would at least try to see if it would record in Adobe Audition since I pay for the Creative Cloud license and I do not know what other DAW would be useful that doesn't cost a fortune.

I eventually figured out how to load the VSTs in Audition, and when selecting any of them loads the Wall of Sound app arcade thing but this doesn't seem to pickup any input at all. I double checked that remote is showing input from the Amp when I strum. To clarify im doing this all over USB, I do not have an XLR plugged into a mixer or DI, I want to do this all over USB. I figure if it is getting an input signal in the Remote app this should work with the VST. Adobe also doesn't let me select the VST as the recording device, it keeps wanting to pickup the damn Macbook microphone and if I turn it off it acts like ive given it no input method at all even though the VST is loaded in the effects rack. I think there should be someway to force the Two Notes to act as a direct input device in system preferences but it doesn't.

Maybe im going about this all wrong and there is a simpler way. Im just looking to record a few tracks, I don't need a giant recording setup and this is getting to be extremely frustrating. I also want to avoid having to us XLR and a DI, otherwise the USB port is pointless in my opinion. Garageband doesn't pickup the Two-Notes and has no option for loading a VST that I can find or any way to force the Two Notes as an input method.

Any guidence anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Back