And today's American mass shooting....

Any weapon can be an ‘assault weapon’

Assault rifle, assault handgun, assault baseball bat, assault machete, assault rock, assault knife, etc.
Ok....ok...yup. Making a point like that is fine. But....I'm pretty sure you get my point.

Mick

Reactions: RFR
I got me an assault chihuahua. He’ll fuck your ankles up.

Oh yeah. Did you know? Little known fact, of all dog breeds Chihuahuas are the leading cause of little itty bitty puncture wounds to the ankle. They're also excellent for 3 points.

Nooo, I kid. I'd never do that...again.

Oh yeah. Did you know? Little known fact, of all dog breeds Chihuahuas are the leading cause of little itty bitty puncture wounds to the ankle. They're also excellent for 3 points.

Nooo, I kid. I'd never do that...again.
Them and Pomeranian’s
Ever been bit by one? Surprisingly painful.

Them and Pomeranian’s
Ever been bit by one? Surprisingly painful.

Bit by one, hm, not that I recall. I seem to remember attempting to pin one on a prom date and stuckeded her right in one of breasteses. Wait....

Sheesh, I'm full of lame jokes tonight. And I ain't even drunk(*yet*). Just shoot me...in the firearms thread, of course. To keep the conversation going. I'm a helper.

Ok...sure.....granted. The Puckle Gun. 9 shots per minute. Not quite the deadly weapon an AR-15 is. Most single action hand guns can do much better. Even a 5 or 6 shooter that needs reloading can match or better that. Invented in Britain BTW. And....for the record.....I'm not anti 2A. I'm only anti assault weapons. As I mentioned previously....I have a hand gun and no one is going to take it from me.

Mick
The point I was addressing and that you're ignoring is that more advanced weapons were in fact envisioned - 9 shots per minute is a big jump from 1 - 2 shots.

Your narrative doesn't hold water. The media likes to shriek about them but the reality is AR-style rifles aren't the weapon of choice in most murders.

"between 2007 and 2017, nearly 1,700 people were murdered with a knife or sharp object per year. That’s almost four times the number of people murdered by an assailant with any sort of rifle."

"In any given year, for every person murdered with a rifle, there are 15 murdered with handguns, 1.7 with hands or fists, and 1.2 with blunt instruments. In fact, homicides with any sort of rifle represent a mere 3.2 percent of all homicides on average over the past decade.

Given that the FBI statistics pertain to all rifles, the homicide frequency of “assault-style” rifles like the AR-15 is necessarily lesser still, as such firearms compose a fraction of all the rifles used in crime."

https://fee.org/articles/are-ar-15-rifles-a-public-safety-threat-heres-what-the-data-say/

Overall the majority of gun deaths are suicides, not murder.

In comparison, the number of deaths due to alcohol and tobacco products each dwarf deaths by firearms. Deaths due to drunk drivers far exceeds that of crimes committed with an AR-style rifle.

You do know that AR doesn't stand for "assault rifle" right?

Your narrative is faulty.

brassplyer said:
The media likes to shriek about them but the reality is AR-style rifles aren't the weapon of choice in most murders.

Maybe not, but it IS the weapon of choice for mass shootings, which is the subject of this thread.
A tragic but statistically rare event in the overall picture of crime but they get a lot of headlines from the same media that likes to ignore far more prevalent crime because of the demographics of who's committing them as do leftists who only fixate on crimes that fit their narrative and consider it a hate crime to look at the reality of *who* commits the vast majority of gun crimes.

Remind us what kind of rifle the Virginia tech shooter used? Or the perpetrator of the biggest mass killing in US history at Oklahoma City?

Your narrative continues to *fail*.

A tragic but statistically rare event in the overall picture of crime but they get a lot of headlines from the same media that likes to ignore far more prevalent crime because of the demographics of who's committing them as do leftists who only fixate on crimes that fit their narrative and consider it a hate crime to look at the reality of *who* commits the vast majority of gun crimes.

Remind us what kind of rifle the Virginia tech shooter used? Or the perpetrator of the biggest mass killing in US history at Oklahoma City?

Your narrative continues to *fail*.
You actually know that there's more mass shootings than days in the year so far and it's rare?
That's fucked up my friend.

You actually know that there's more mass shootings than days in the year so far and it's rare?
That's fucked up my friend.
No that's the reality you don't want to acknowledge. You're of course using some convoluted, narrative-driven standard for what constitutes a "mass shooting" because that's what people who talk like you do but yes in the overall crime picture they represent a fraction of 1 percent of gun deaths and homicides overall - i.e. statistically rare.

AR-15s aren't even close to being at the center of the picture of crime in the US nor of the picture of gun deaths in the US.

Stamp your feet and spew bogus talking points all you want - your narrative is crap that's unsupported by reality.

No that's the reality you don't want to acknowledge. You're of course using some convoluted, narrative-driven standard for what constitutes a "mass shooting" because that's what people who talk like you do but yes in the overall crime picture they represent a fraction of 1 percent of gun deaths and homicides overall - i.e. statistically rare.

AR-15s aren't even close to being at the center of the picture of crime in the US nor of the picture of gun deaths in the US.

Stamp your feet and spew bogus talking points all you want - your narrative is crap that's unsupported by reality.

Erm... From the article you posted...

From Parkland, Florida, to San Bernardino, California, the semi-automatic AR-15 rifle and its variants have seemingly become the weapons of choice for mass shooters in the United States.

You're going to use an example of the Virginia tech shooter in 2007, and the OK bombing in 1995 as an argument regarding mass shootings that happen more than once a day?
Get your shit together.
That's fucked.

"between 2007 and 2017, nearly 1,700 people were murdered with a knife or sharp object per year. That’s almost four times the number of people murdered by an assailant with any sort of rifle."
And the 1700 killed by a sharp object means there were close to 1700 people doing the killing. Contrast that with mass causality events where one shooter can kill or mame dozens of people. The efficiency of the weapon doesn’t matter? It kinda does. We draw a line somewhere. Can’t have a nuke, right? Can’t have fully auto without a special license, right?

You brought up the OKC bombing. We now regulate the fertilizer he used. Hasn’t been another bombing like it since. The folks that need it can still get it, but not the crazies. Funny how that works.

Last edited:
No matter how much you and Dave Matthews and the rest of the dishonest liberals dance, whine and bray about it the use of AR-style rifles represents a tiny fraction of the overall crime picture.
How many school and mall shootings would it take for you to feel differently?

How many kids would need to die before you welcome something as basic as universal background checks? How many more have to die before you’d put AR15s in a different class of weapon that required a similar process to getting a fully auto weapon?

Just wondering what that number is.

Last edited:
Back