And today's American mass shooting....

On tee vee or in a real life situation?
You left out a third possibility.
The guy/gal you see wearing a gun could be an off duty member of law enforcement, who is required to carry a gun at all times. On duty, or off duty.

The guy/gal you see IS a criminal who doesn't hide his/her gun, taking full advantage of......

Open Carry permits. It's a rare occasion, but every so often at my local gas station, I'll see another customer wearing a belt holster and gun. Legally, I presume.

Question: Is there an open carry gun policy where you live?

And Chicago doesn’t even make IL near the top of the list of states with high per capita gun violence.
Okay, and? It remains true that criminal denizens of inner-city Chicago (and any number of other inner-city crapholes) are by themselves responsible for more gun crime deaths annually than all US school shootings combined since 1776 by a huge margin.

I realize this latest conceptual faceplant of yours trying to argue a point that wasn't made is an inept attempt to obfuscate the fact of inner-city crime. You're just demonstrating my previous assertion that people who talk like you fixate on a statistically tiny portion of the picture and deliberately ignore the larger crime picture because it involves elements that run counter to your narrative.

For that matter deaths due to illegal alien crime also dwarfs deaths due to mass/school shootings yet I'd wager you've spent -0- time decrying the presence of illegal aliens. If you're like most liberals you have a special set of made-up bs related to that issue. I may have seen you leave conceptual road apples in here on that very topic.

Personal responsibility you say. How do you feel about things like the Dickey Amendment or the Tiahrt Ammendment?
Dickey and Tiahrt have no impact on the huge number of gun crimes committed by prohibited possessors with stolen guns.

On the other hand 100% of those crimes are directly caused by the perpetrator's willingness to commit those crimes.

That is of course in addition to their willingness to commit the crimes of *being* in possession of a gun stolen or otherwise and whatever crime(s) may have put them in the status of being a prohibited possessor.

There are lots and lots of people who own guns who don't commit crimes with them. I personally have visited countless businesses and have never robbed one nor felt the tiniest inclination to do so, have never shot anyone over a gang beef or drug deal gone bad. The fact that I don't involve myself in such situations to begin with has a lot to do with this.

Again, I get it - this is confusing to you since personal responsibility isn't part of your lexicon.

Reactions: RFR
Okay, and? It remains true that criminal denizens of inner-city Chicago (and any number of other inner-city crapholes) are by themselves responsible for more gun crime deaths annually than all US school shootings combined since 1776 by a huge margin.

I realize this latest conceptual faceplant of yours trying to argue a point that wasn't made is an inept attempt to obfuscate the fact of inner-city crime. You're just demonstrating my previous assertion that people who talk like you fixate on a statistically tiny portion of the picture and deliberately ignore the larger crime picture because it involves elements that run counter to your narrative.
You’re the one that brought up school shootings. I mentioned gun crime in general; didn’t fixate on anything so your pigeonhole attempt is fail. Whether it’s school shootings with AR15’s, or inner city crime with a handgun, the easy availability of guns is a factor in all of it.
For that matter deaths due to illegal alien crime also dwarfs deaths due to mass/school shootings yet I'd wager you've spent -0- time decrying the presence of illegal aliens. If you're like most liberals you have a special set of made-up bs related to that issue. I may have seen you leave conceptual road apples in here on that very topic.
Haven’t discussed that, and I would agree that illegal alien crime is a problem. So again you fail at trying to label me.
Dickey and Tiahrt have no impact on the huge number of gun crimes committed by prohibited possessors with stolen guns.
See, that’s where you crash and burn. Dickey and Tiahrt absolutely have everything to do with the amount of guns and the lack of knowing who has them. You ammosexuals see that as a feature instead of a bug.
On the other hand 100% of those crimes are directly caused by the perpetrator's willingness to commit those crimes.

That is of course in addition to their willingness to commit the crimes of *being* in possession of a gun stolen or otherwise and whatever crime(s) may have put them in the status of being a prohibited possessor.
That doesn’t change the fact that the easy availability of guns factors in to murders by making it efficient to kill lots of people and allowing for impulsive behavior to take over more easily. If the gun is there, you can pick it up and start shooting immediately. You don’t have to run around looking for bomb making supplies etc.
There are lots and lots of people who own guns who don't commit crimes with them. I personally have visited countless businesses and have never robbed one nor felt the tiniest inclination to do so, have never shot anyone over a gang beef or drug deal gone bad. The fact that I don't involve myself in such situations to begin with has a lot to do with this.

Again, I get it - this is confusing to you since personal responsibility isn't part of your lexicon.
Giant logical fallacies is part of your lexicon apparently.

You’re the one that brought up school shootings.
Actually DM did citing an article that invoked school shootings right off the bat then you decided to chime in responding to my response to DM.

I know, it's hard for you to keep track of all your indiscriminately spewed nonsense.

Stating the fact that school shootings as tragic as they are represent a miniscule part of the gun crime picture is stating a fact. Stating that you're predisposed to ignore and obfuscate this is also merely stating a fact.

I mentioned gun crime in general; didn’t fixate on anything so your pigeonhole attempt is fail. Whether it’s school shootings with AR15’s, or inner city crime with a handgun, the easy availability of guns is a factor in all of it.
What you're referring to as "easy availability of guns" is like talking about the easy availability of stolen cars, stolen merchandise. Yes, if you're willing to steal things it makes them more easily available.

It doesn't alter that the root issue is the willingness to commit crime not the existence of guns or any other weapon.

The total number of liquor store holdups, muggings, carjackings, mass shootings at concerts in Las Vegas, etc. committed by someone unwilling to commit crime is -0-.

Haven’t discussed that, and I would agree that illegal alien crime is a problem. So again you fail at trying to label me.
If I'm mislabeling you, you must be all for an extremely tight border where the number one priority is the safety and prosperity of Americans, where simply saying magic words about "asylum" doesn't get one an automatic Bidenpass and free trip to the interior of America for the criminally and medically unvetted.

You of course don't regard it as the automatic responsibility of the US to accommodate the Third World. If you procreated in crap circumstances that doesn't automatically make it America's problem.

Right?

Tell us all about the measures you want to institute to tighten the border.

The facts of this site leave you outraged, right?

See, that’s where you crash and burn. Dickey and Tiahrt absolutely have everything to do with the amount of guns and the lack of knowing who has them. You ammosexuals see that as a feature instead of a bug.

That doesn’t change the fact that the easy availability of guns factors in to murders by making it efficient to kill lots of people and allowing for impulsive behavior to take over more easily. If the gun is there, you can pick it up and start shooting immediately. You don’t have to run around looking for bomb making supplies etc.

Giant logical fallacies is part of your lexicon apparently.
.smh

The number of legally purchased new firearms is a function of market forces not whether gov't bureaucrats can snoop and keep a registry of who has them.

When someone steals a firearm or illegally sells one they don't fill out a 4473 form - all your notions would do is impact the law-abiding.

I marvel at how it's possible you have so little conceptual awareness of how things work in the world.

"In 1885, the Parliament instituted gun control in the North-West Territories to prevent rebellion."

Thanks for the link. I hadn't known it that a civil war in Canada was imminent in 1885.

It's a good thing that Parliament in 1885 took steps to remove guns from the hands of those pesky North-West territory radicals.

Actually DM did citing an article that invoked school shootings right off the bat then you decided to chime in responding to my response to DM.

I know, it's hard for you to keep track of all your indiscriminately spewed nonsense.

Stating the fact that school shootings as tragic as they are represent a miniscule part of the gun crime picture is stating a fact. Stating that you're predisposed to ignore and obfuscate this is also merely stating a fact.
Except that I didn’t ignore or obfuscate anything. When you can’t argue facts you resort to insults. That’s your thing.
What you're referring to as "easy availability of guns" is like talking about the easy availability of stolen cars, stolen merchandise. Yes, if you're willing to steal things it makes them more easily available.
One doesn’t have to steal a gun when they can go to a gun show and buy one without any restrictions. Hell I’ve seen them at garage sales when I lived in a red state.
It doesn't alter that the root issue is the willingness to commit crime not the existence of guns or any other weapon.
It’s one of the root issues. Life is more complex than you seem to grasp.
The total number of liquor store holdups, muggings, carjackings, mass shootings at concerts in Las Vegas, etc. committed by someone unwilling to commit crime is -0-.

If I'm mislabeling you, you must be all for an extremely tight border where the number one priority is the safety and prosperity of Americans, where simply saying magic words about "asylum" doesn't get one an automatic Bidenpass and free trip to the interior of America for the criminally and medically unvetted.

You of course don't regard it as the automatic responsibility of the US to accommodate the Third World. If you procreated in crap circumstances that doesn't automatically make it America's problem.

Right?

Tell us all about the measures you want to institute to tighten the border.

The facts of this site leave you outraged, right?

.smh
Different convo. I generally support securing the border and I oppose sanctuary cities, but we should allow more folks in legally as our employment needs dictate.
The number of legally purchased new firearms is a function of market forces not whether gov't bureaucrats can snoop and keep a registry of who has them.

When someone steals a firearm or illegally sells one they don't fill out a 4473 form - all your notions would do is impact the law-abiding.

I marvel at how it's possible you have so little conceptual awareness of how things work in the world.
I marvel at how it’s possible you have such little regard for other humans that you’d rather more people die than have the government know more data about where guns go after they’re sold. Just blame those inner city folks, Amiright?

One doesn’t have to steal a gun when they can go to a gun show and buy one without any restrictions.
Except that according to the DoJ only .8% of guns used in crimes are bought at gun shows.

1688099743758.png

Btw - how many guns have you personally bought at a gun show or anywhere?

I personally would never sell a gun to someone I didn't know extremely well - well enough to know they're not a prohibited possessor without going through an FFL.

brassplyer said:
It’s one of the root issues. Life is more complex than you seem to grasp.
Lol - jeezus.

It's the sole root issue. You use "complex" as an obfuscating weasel word.

Show me someone who committed a crime who wasn't willing to commit a crime. I don't care what their excuse is, if they commit a crime knowing they're committing a crime then they're willing to commit the crime. There might be some oddball circumstance where someone doesn't know something is a crime but no one has ever robbed someone at an ATM, done a drive-by or held up a liquor store not knowing it was a crime.

And I'll save you the effort of scouring the internet looking for some once in never bs situation - I'm not talking about some tv show scenario where someone is threatened, has a bomb put around their neck or whatever by some evildoer and forced to commit a crime - even if such a one in a billion thing had ever actually occurred the person that coerced them would be the one who's willing to commit a crime and using the coerced person as the weapon.

I marvel at how it’s possible you have such little regard for other humans that you’d rather more people die than have the government know more data about where guns go after they’re sold. Just blame those inner city folks, Amiright?
I see you're not big on constitutional protections and civil rights - which is no surprise. And the Big Brotherism you embrace so warmly still does nothing but impinge on the law-abiding for the same reasons as previously stated.

No, you're typically not right about much of anything that I've seen and expend a lot of energy denying reality. Clearly being presented with the reality of who's committing the vast majority of gun crime is upsetting to your liberal sensibilities.

You never did back-up your claim that I'm mislabeling you. No surprise there.

Except that according to the DoJ only .8% of guns used in crimes are bought at gun shows.

View attachment 130935

Btw - how many guns have you personally bought at a gun show or anywhere?

I personally would never sell a gun to someone I didn't know extremely well - well enough to know they're not a prohibited possessor without going through an FFL.
The point is this - Virtually every gun starts its life as a legal gun. Straw purchasers sell many to the black market. Straw purchases are so pervasive because of how ridiculously easy it is to buy a gun.
It's the sole root issue. You use "complex" as an obfuscating weasel word.

Show me someone who committed a crime who wasn't willing to commit a crime.
Any negligent discharge or failure to store properly where the weapon ended up being stolen or used by the wrong person. Anyone who straw purchases (probably knows it’s a crime but doesn’t see it as potential murder).
I see you're not big on constitutional protections and civil rights - which is no surprise. And the Big Brotherism you embrace so warmly still does nothing but impinge on the law-abiding for the same reasons as previously stated.
I see you’re not big on reading the entire constitution since you missed the “well-regulated” part. And you’d rather keep having tens of thousands of gun deaths every year before you’d be willing to be even slightly inconvenienced buying another gun. That is clear.

The point is this - Virtually every gun starts its life as a legal gun. Straw purchasers sell many to the black market. Straw purchases are so pervasive because of how ridiculously easy it is to buy a gun.
Straw-purchasing isn't legal. One of the questions on a 4473 form which you've apparently never filled out specifically asks if you're purchasing the firearm for yourself - lying about it is a crime.

And as I suspected you've never bought a gun at a gun show either.

Any negligent discharge or failure to store properly where the weapon ended up being stolen or used by the wrong person. Anyone who straw purchases (probably knows it’s a crime but doesn’t see it as potential murder).
You're apparently not aware that people will steal a safe right out of your house. I don't use a safe - they just make a target for thieves - I have mine concealed in such a way that it's never going to be found yet I can access it quickly in the dead of the night if needed.

Sure, all those inner-city negligent/accidental discharges - that's what the problem is.

Here's one of those Detroit negligent discharges.

Shamicah Burton expressing her consternation at the occupants of a car Detroit-style. Just the day before she'd committed an armed robbery.

But wait, there's more - what this video doesn't show is the guy who tackles her Devon Todd a parolee felon whose brother Shamicah shot picked up the gun and fired at the car Shamicah was in. Just another night in Detroit.

I see you’re not big on reading the entire constitution since you missed the “well-regulated” part.
I'm not going to bother explaining to you why this is nonsense - but it is in fact nonsense. If you had any intellectual integrity which you've demonstrated over and over that you don't you'd already know why it's nonsense and wouldn't be spewing crap regurgitated straight off the leftist script.

Last edited:
Straw-purchasing isn't legal.
No shit.
One of the questions on a 4473 form which you've apparently never filled out specifically asks if you're purchasing the firearm for yourself - lying about it is a crime.
I have once. Being illegal doesn’t stop it from happening. It needs to be more effort than just lying on a form to deter more criminals.
And as I suspected you've never bought a gun at a gun show either.
Doesn’t mean I can’t.
You're apparently not aware that people will steal a safe right out of your house. I don't use a safe - they just make a target for thieves - I have mine concealed in such a way that it's never going to be found yet I can access it quickly in the dead of the night if needed.
Congratulations
Sure, all those inner-city negligent/accidental discharges - that's what the problem is.
There’s about 500 deaths a year plus lots more injuries. You asked a question and I answered it so don’t be a dick about it now.
Here's one of those Detroit negligent discharges.

Shamicah Burton expressing her consternation at the occupants of a car Detroit-style. Just the day before she'd committed an armed robbery.
Ah yes, blame the black folks.
I'm not going to bother explaining to you why this is nonsense - but it is in fact nonsense. If you had any intellectual integrity which you've demonstrated over and over that you don't you'd already know why it's nonsense and wouldn't be spewing crap regurgitated straight off the leftist script.
Show me on this doll where the facts touched you.

I have a suspicion that like Leddy you're not interested in the details of *who* is responsible for the majority of gun violence, after suicides.
I have a suspicion you’re not interested in the details of how concentrated areas of poor black people came in to existence, since now they’re a convenient scape goat after your kind flooded their streets with guns.

Perhaps race has nothing to do with it, and it’s really poverty and social mobility.

Last edited:
Back