ampeg help please ??

dave.....

i have a ampeg vh-140c guitar head through a crate 4/12 cab. it has been working great for years... till the other night. now when i turn it on i can barely hear my guitar. even w/ the volume up all the way... if i turn it off and on a few times it is ok ... and is cool for the rest of the night ???? any ideas ................... ?? :confused:

Cracked Solder Joints
Oxidized Jacks

Turn it into a service center with the message, "Clean, check for cracked solder joints, and test."

FYI - I have the same amp and I love the thing!! They use saddle jacks which are prone to oxidation. Cracked solder joints are also very common on the jacks.

alien said:
Cracked Solder Joints
Oxidized Jacks

Turn it into a service center with the message, "Clean, check for cracked solder joints, and test."

FYI - I have the same amp and I love the thing!! They use saddle jacks which are prone to oxidation. Cracked solder joints are also very common on the jacks.
yep ..... anytime I have anything that's intermittent, the first thing I look for is fractured solder joints.
Especially if the jacks or controls are soldered directly to the circuit board which is the norm for most amps built in that last 30 years.

cracked solder joints

ok i will get it in for service.. i will tell em to check for cracked solder joints.. thank you for your advice :D :cool:

dave..... said:
alien ..... what cab are you running w/ your's .........?

I currently am cab-less for the Ampeg. I was running a Crate loaded with 4 50W Celestian Pro's.

My next will probably be one of the Ampeg slant face cabs.

alien said:
I currently am cab-less for the Ampeg. I was running a Crate loaded with 4 50W Celestian Pro's.

My next will probably be one of the Ampeg slant face cabs.

I have an ampeg 4x12 slant cab with castors, 4,8,16 ohms, stereo, going real cheap, hundred bucks its yours.

damn u dragon!!!!

My wallet is puffing out lint balls at the moment! (insert temper tantrum here!)

lemme see if I can this ass of the boss, er, I mean the wife lol!

Where are you located?

ampeg cab ??

dragonworks ........... where are you located ?? $100 i might go for that.... how mutch to ship it to eastern pennsylvania ??????? :D

Back