Amp for acoustic guitar?

mjm620

I am a drummer, and my guitarist is the type who pretends to know much more than he actually does. We went over to someones house who was talking about how sweet his VOX was and automatically my guitarist knew that he wanted a VOX because they were the best. Anyway...enough venting. He plays acoustic guitar(search for "little one" to hear a post with an mp3 of us) and for an upcomming tour we need a nice amp. A halfstack seems overkill but it would be cool to see what people would reccoment head/box-wize. If not a small stack...what kind of big(more than 100...150watt) amp would be nice?

SWR Strawberry Blonde or California Blonde. They sound awesome. If you really need an acoustic that loud, then you really should have PA support at your venue.

tourettes5139 said:
SWR Strawberry Blonde or California Blonde. They sound awesome. If you really need an acoustic that loud, then you really should have PA support at your venue.

I agree 100%.

rpe

For sheer loudness, it's hard to beat the Fishman Loudbox. They're 250 watts, fairly cheap, fairly small, and loud enough to compete with ANY drummer. They sound real good, too.

Back