Alt Rock, "Devil's Song".. (Modest Mouse'ish)

very modest mouse(ish)

im on my way out and this is my tiny PC speakers but its a good song...well performed...drums sound a little flat and in the background until the ride comes in, I think its the snare level and the bonk sound of the kick thats troubling.... but I cant/wouldnt really comment on the rest on these speakers

great vocal performance, guitars seem appropriately sparkly, good stuff

Maybe the kick needs to be tamed a bit eh?

Are you saying the snare level is low or high?

Thanks!

They actually played that song by Franz Ferdinand at their show that I went to last weekend. Wow, yes there is a striking resemblance between that part in "Take Me Out" and 1:20 (..etc.) in "Devil's Song".

They also say a big influence is Arcade Fire.

ah Franz..from the old country...lol

I thought the snare too quiet Austin...and the kick just didnt sound right in this...is it a live drummer or sample?

the best thing about modest mouse is Jonny Marr...thats the second band hes been the best thing about ;)

Ill fire up the DAW and give it a good listen...in truth Im not the best qualified though

They actually played that song by Franz Ferdinand at their show that I went to last weekend. Wow, yes there is a striking resemblance between that part in "Take Me Out" and 1:20 (..etc.) in "Devil's Song".

They also say a big influence is Arcade Fire.

yeah..thats close man..v close ;)

Back