Alesis iO|26 trouble....

zacanger

musician and audodidact
Somehow I find myself the only engineer at an okay studio in Red Lion, and that involves basically redoing EVERYTHING, from the crappy sound treatment to the really crappy wiring. The big problem I'm having, though, is just getting the iO|26 to interface with the computer.
Basically, I've done everything right. Installed the software and drivers, plugged in the interface, got everything in the right place. The computer is seeing the interface as a piece of sound hardware, but won't use it. If I open up the Sounds and Audio Devices thing in the control panel, it says "No Audio Device," even though it sees the interface in the hardware list. Because of that, I guess, I can't get any recording program to see the interface -- I've tried n-Track, Cubase LE, Kristal, and Audacity.
Anyone have any advice or insight? I'm stumped.

.....I found that with my E-MU 0404USB, I have to start (or restart) the computer with the device already hooked up and turned on, or I have a similar issue...if you haven't already tried it, give that a go and see if it helps...

Back