Air and Stereolab

mrplow

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew which synths were used by these bands, particularly on Air's "Moon Safari" and Stereolab's "Emperor Tomato Ketchup" and "Dots and Loops." Some great synth sounds on these albums...

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers,

Ron

Air used a lot of different synths on Moon Safari. The album sleeve details Clavinet, Moog Synthesizer, Mellotron, Korg Synthesizer, Solina, Fender Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Mini Moog.

also, there seems to be a lot of farfisa on stereolab's stuff.

i'd say if one bought a moog rogue or prodigy, some kind of junky combo organ (are farfisas expensive?), and maybe a basic sampler, he or she could cover a lot of the bases that these bands cover on most of their good stuff.

When I saw Stereolab live, two of them were playing Nord Leads, one of them was playing a Hohner clavinet and Laetitia played a Moog for a song or two.

Of course, they could use different stuff in the studio. Who knows.

Jacob

I was just listening to emperorTOMATOketchup and wondered about some of the sounds on the title track and saw this link to LAtimes… track 8 has some nice default iPhone ringtone sounds and I reckon whatever apple used for that had to be used on etk…

I was just listening to emperorTOMATOketchup and wondered about some of the sounds on the title track and saw this link to LAtimes… track 8 has some nice default iPhone ringtone sounds and I reckon whatever apple used for that had to be used on etk…

Back