Again, Guitar Center Oktavas

Status
Not open for further replies.
>To further defend Taylor Johnson and now myself, I'll
>be back this weekend going over all I've been told and >KNOW about Oktava mics.

Yes, fine, but less about personalities and more about the microphones. It's not all about you and, frankly, nobody cares. This is the Internet and one establishes reputation by informational content rather than asserted credentials anyway. Trust me, I've been on the net since '83 and I can tell you that these personality rampages just come across as unpleasant psychological symptoms and as such undermine the credibility the poster so urgently seeks.

There's so much unseemly hysteria surrounding these microphones that I'm beginning to fear that there's something evilly psychoactive in those smelly paint fumes they give off.

That said, I spent the late morning testing new-production MK219s at the Sacramento Guitar Center. I got a pair that sound OK. There is no evidence of quality control in the Western sense, but this in my experience is 100% consistent with other Russian industrial output.

Oktava microphones, like everything else coming out of Russian factories, are made by underpaid, disgruntled alcoholics and look it. The one saving grace of Soviet technical philosophy is that such predictably slovenly manufacturing reality is factored into the design to begin with and a reasonably acceptable product can still consistently emerge.

I doinked around with a pile of these for a while and came up with a couple of nice-sounding studio microphones for under two hundred bucks. I don't see paying about three times this to buy them from your buddy, though I suspect that there would be some possible advantage to doing so if money were absolutely no object. But it is.

McKay's assertions about improved Oktava/ASM QC are demonstrable hogwash, and the Oktava site's prating about "providing the same relentless attention to detail" is a screaming, pants-wetting hoot, but the fact remains that some of these microphones at GC are very nice sounding and represent an incredible value if one takes to time to poke around through them in the store studio.

R.E.

Well, forgive my ignorance.
I guess if the post's were form you then Taylor Johnson has nothing to worry about from the eagles screaming legal.

I'm just a little guy rubbed the wrong way by what I thought wasn't fair to guitar center and the sound room (obviously it pissed someone else off).

I have read and found all your other information to be very acurate and generous.

Peace

Re: Look

Recording Engineer said:
I MYSELF found this out through a personal friend locally AND through rec.audio.pro; particularly, Harvey Gerst, a man who I respect and admire (and he probably doesn't even know my name). I've gotten SO MANY great tips on gear from him and he probably doesn't even know it!

How about 797 Audio? I've talked about them quite a lot here. Why aren't you on me about that? Again, I was the FIRST person to mention THAT name here. Again, I MYSELF first heard about them on r.a.p.
Well, I don't know your name, but I know who you are from your posts on other boards.

Funny that I had to register to post here (as a "newbie" yet, to add insult to injury), but my home recording tips have been on this forum since the first days of homerecording.org (I think I was one of the first people to join when there were only about 10 links - and I was one of those first links. :)

But lets talk about the Oktavas and Marshalls. I am probably the person to blame most for spreading the rejects notion, but it was taken out of context from one of my r.a.p. posts where I was explaining the difference between GC Oktavas and Sound Room Oktavas.

Taylor has the ability to cherry pick the best units off the line, they then go to a second manufacturer in Russia with more complete test facilities, then to a Russian studio where they actually listen to each mic, before they're shipped to Taylor, who test them here and any that aren't acceptable are sent back for credit.

What I said was "What do you suppose happens to all those mics that Taylor doesn't take, or that he sends back?" Somebody else referred to them as "rejects" and the rest is history. Taylor has never said anything about rejects, except that he returns the units he rejects and he doesn't know what happens to those.

I offered to test the Sound Room mics for r.a.p. if there were no strings attached, and we agreed that I would report what I found, both good AND bad. Out of those tests, I reported to r.a.p. that the MC012 and the LOMO head were two amazing values - in MY opinion. I returned the mics to Taylor and I bought a pair of MC012s and a LOMO head - at full price, like any other customer.

At the last A.E.S. show, I walked over to the Marshall booth and made Brent Casey the same offer. I recently posted my findings on rec.audio.pro, and again, I found what I believe to be two outstanding values - the MXL603S and the V67G.

I returned all the mics I borrowed and wound up buying three 603Ss and two V67Gs. Actually, I kept the two 603s and the V67 I tested, then shipped the rest to Ty Ford, a well respected magazine reviewer, to confirm or waste my evaluations. I just sent him my own V67 and 603 to finish his testing.

So who the hell am I, that all these people are sending me shit to test? It started with the Neumann TLM-103 when I got one of the first 500 in the country from Fletcher and recorded everything with it for the first r.a.p. compilation CD set.

The next thing I wound up testing was the RNC compressor, by accident. I just bought one of the first units and by chance, the Texas Neutrik rep had loaned me a Neutrik test station, so I decided to see what the RNC really speced out at. It beat every one of its published specs easily, and I reported that on r.a.p.

I guess my background as a designer, engineer, songwriter, etc. gave my opinions some weight, but at 64, I'm really more interested in helping people if I find something I think is a good deal, then getting some glory.

I don't work for Taylor, Marshall mics, FMR audio, or any of these companies who's products I comment on. These aren't even controlled tests - they're strictly MY opinion. Some people seem to value my opinion, some don't. Anyway, I hope this clears up some of the confusion here about Oktava and Marshall.

Welcome Harvey! I sincerly hope you stick around and post more. (even if not your words will appear on these pages in some fashion I'm sure!)

I am still in the process of deciding on a pair of overheads. The MC012's being on the top of the list, At3525's right up there too, but mostly because I can see myself loving that mic on acoustic guitar, and close micing toms. I'd have a pair of both but, Money comes into play...

Money is the reason for this whole contrversy. If the sound room could sell Octava's at the same price as GC, there would not be any question, buy from SR! I can get two MC012's with cardiod caps and pads from GC for $300. add $100 to get them from the sound room, without the -10 pads. Is it worth the difference? That depends, I feel confident that I could go into GC, bugg the sales rep into letting me listen to all of their stock and pick the best two. That is probably what I would do, I have the time (sometimes at least) Would my observations be on par with Talors and the Sound room.? probably not. But I'd still be happy and with $100 bucks left in my pocket. The whole situation surrounding the question of Octava's QC makes me want to just go to Mars and get two 3525's!

hmm... Harvy, where can I get those 603's? :D

-jhe

James HE said:
Welcome Harvey! I sincerly hope you stick around and post more. (even if not your words will appear on these pages in some fashion I'm sure!)

Money is the reason for this whole contrversy. If the sound room could sell Octava's at the same price as GC, there would not be any question, buy from SR! I can get two MC012's with cardiod caps and pads from GC for $300. add $100 to get them from the sound room, without the -10 pads. Is it worth the difference? That depends, I feel confident that I could go into GC, bug the sales rep into letting me listen to all of their stock and pick the best two. That is probably what I would do, I have the time (sometimes at least) Would my observations be on par with Taylors and the Sound room.? probably not. But I'd still be happy and with $100 bucks left in my pocket. The whole situation surrounding the question of Octava's QC makes me want to just go to Mars and get two 3525's!

hmm... Harvy, where can I get those 603's? :D

-jhe
James,
The 603 would be a better deal than trying to find two matched, good, MC012s from GC. Right now, I've been told that almost every dealer is completely sold out of the 603s, but they should be getting new units in shortly. The 603 was virtually identical to the Sound Room MC012 with the cardioid capsule when I listened to them side by side.

Hi Harvey
I've been following your posts on other boards for a while now and I just wanted to echo the welcome. I really hope you stick around. By the way, I have a 319 and a pair of 012s from Taylor and coudn't be happier with them.

"I am the moderator of this MICROPHONE forum for a reason. SIMPLY because I AM a microphone
junky-fiend. ANYONE who's been around here for awhile or read the archives in this forum
ABSOLUTELY know that about me if NOT anything else. THAT IS my reputation here."

RE, I'm with Bongolation on this one. I don't care about your so-called reputation, it's your *knowledge* I esteem. As for your professed loyalty and moderator status, how loyal have you been to this forum recently? Or are you only loyal to people with big names? Dude?

Stick to the facts and forget about what you think people think about you.

Harvey, welcome to hr.com. Please forgive the house squabble.

The Axis

I think we are confusing two related, but important and **separate** issues:

ONE: Everyone has a right to express their opinions about various mikes, dealers, etc. Some people will establish credibility, and convince us of their knowledge, others will establish the opposite.

TWO: To accuse or imply that another company is selling inferior products or rejects from another dealer falls into a different category. By the same token, to accuse a dealer of selling stolen or unauthorized mikes is also a completely different category. These things aren't just opinions, but serious ethical charges that could destroy the credibility of one of the parties.

FACT: Everyone should be extremely skeptical of rumors, and recommendations given over the internet, **especially** on discussion forums. It is just too easy to spread rumors, and the claim it was "out of context", etc. if found to be false. There is also a LARGE incentive for certain people to "huff" products that are produced by buddies or an "in group" within these industries. Notice how technical info is scarce or absent from a lot of the small companies websites that get "huffed" on these forums ? Notice how the more established manufacturers publish extensive technical data sheets, follow ISO QC protocols, etc ? THERE IS A REASON FOR THIS !!

MY PERSONAL OPINION: The allegation that GC sells inferior products is absurd (I have expressed the reasoning on this before). Notice how, if someone gets a bad GC mike, it "confirms" their poor product, but if someone happens to get a bad SR mike, they get it replaced and this "confirms" superior service. In reality: no difference. Any dealer will replace a bad mike and OKTAVA has a lot of them. Maybe SR does throw out more obvious defects before you get them, but they are the SAME IDENTICAL MIKE.

AF McKay e-mailed me an unequivocal response to my inquiry. All the recommendations and defense of the SR comes through third party sources. This tends to lend much greater credibility to the AF McKay version of the story. Sorry, that is just the way I see it. I have no connection to either party.

Peace,
Rick

Re: The Axis

The Axis said:
I think we are confusing two related, but important and **separate** issues:

ONE: Everyone has a right to express their opinions about various mikes, dealers, etc. Some people will establish credibility, and convince us of their knowledge, others will establish the opposite.

I have no problem whatsoever with that statement. I do have a problem with people that don't have enough experience in testing making absolute statements, or people just buying their first expensive (to them anyway) mic and recomending it without sufficient experience for comparisons.

TWO: To accuse or imply that another company is selling inferior products or rejects from another dealer falls into a different category. By the same token, to accuse a dealer of selling stolen or unauthorized mikes is also a completely different category. These things aren't just opinions, but serious ethical charges that could destroy the credibility of one of the parties.

There is no question, based upon dozens of first hand experiences, that the Guitar Center Oktavas vary from unit to unit, and is IMO, a result of poor quality control, either at the factory, or by the McKays (do the McKays actually test the mics or do they just distribute them?)

I know the process that the Sound Room uses for testing and it is very extensive, plus they provide the actual test curves with each mic and capsule they sell. My MC012s came with 6 individual test curves - one for each capsule, tested on the mic bodies that came in the box. All six capsules were closely matched.

FACT: Everyone should be extremely skeptical of rumors, and recommendations given over the internet, **especially** on discussion forums. It is just too easy to spread rumors, and the claim it was "out of context", etc. if found to be false. There is also a LARGE incentive for certain people to "huff" products that are produced by buddies or an "in group" within these industries. Notice how technical info is scarce or absent from a lot of the small companies websites that get "huffed" on these forums ? Notice how the more established manufacturers publish extensive technical data sheets, follow ISO QC protocols, etc ? THERE IS A REASON FOR THIS !!

When I got my mics, I posted the actual mic curves on my web site, where they have been for the last few years now. Taylor is NOT a "buddy" - I never talked to him before I called him about listening to some of them - I agreed to test the mics as long as I could say exactly what I found with no conditions attached. I didn't like most of them, but the MC012 and the LOMO head were the ones I liked and I reported what I found in rec.audio.pro. Most of the people that bought them from the Sound Room have reported excellent results, while the complaints continue to come in that mics vary widely from Guitar Center. Draw your own conclusions.

As far as the "out of context" crack, yeah, I said that when I mentioned that after Taylor gets the mics he wants, where do the rest of them go? The fact that the factory's testing procedure is not as rigid as Taylor's doesn't make the rest "rejects", but it does make their performance questionable.

MY PERSONAL OPINION: The allegation that GC sells inferior products is absurd (I have expressed the reasoning on this before). Notice how, if someone gets a bad GC mike, it "confirms" their poor product, but if someone happens to get a bad SR mike, they get it replaced and this "confirms" superior service. In reality: no difference. Any dealer will replace a bad mike and OKTAVA has a lot of them. Maybe SR does throw out more obvious defects before you get them, but they are the SAME IDENTICAL MIKE.

I'm not talking about "bad" mics from Guitar Center; I'm talking about people trying all the MC012s at a Guitar Center are finding wildly different responses from each mic. That is strictly a Quality Control issue. The "SAME IDENTICAL MIKE" should also have the SAME IDENTICAL RESPONSE - they don't!!

AF McKay e-mailed me an unequivocal response to my inquiry. All the recommendations and defense of the SR comes through third party sources. This tends to lend much greater credibility to the AF McKay version of the story. Sorry, that is just the way I see it. I have no connection to either party.

Peace,
Rick
Neither do I. But I have yet to hear Fergus McKay explain "his methods" of Quality Control to insure consistency from mic to mic, even though people at rec.audio.pro has brought this point up repeatedly. I believe the McKays are a distributor with a warehouse and no test facilities. They rely strictly on the Oktava factory's QC, which has been shown again and again to be inconsistant at best.

If you wish to call my original comments about the Sound Room mics "slanted", biased", or catering to an "in-group", you certainly have the right to do that. I'm proud to be included in rec.audio.pro - a forum that has people like Steve Albini, George Massengurg, Bob Ohlsson and so many others participating. I'm also proud to be here as well, where I hope my contributions will help people make some intelligent and informed choices.

You call me a "third party" as if it's a bad thing to offer what I feel is an objective (and yes, subjective) opinion on these microphones. If so, then I'll wear that "3rd party" badge with honor. I've spent most of my life striving to earn a reputation for honesty and integrity in everything I do - I sure as hell ain't gonna throw that away over some fuckin' $150 mics!! Believe whatever you wish to believe.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com

The Axis

Harvey:
Note that my comments are generalizations only. They were not directed at you or any particular person or their comment. They were not "cracks" or accusations.

In fact, I think most people would agree that my comments and cautions are **generally** valid. Only someone taking them personally would feel the need to be defensive. If you don't assume that they are directed at you, then don't you agree that one should be cautious about internet "facts", opinions, and rumors ?

PS:
Quality control MUST come from the manufacturer. It CANNOT be done by a distributor. Why ? Because Quality is something that is either BUILT in to a product or not. Anything else is just looking for diamonds in a turd-pile. Yes, it happens, but is extremely rare. You are undoubtedly very knowledgeable about audio and microphones, but Manufacturing Quality Control is a different subject altogether. Any Mfg. Engineers or QC Inspectors that also frequent this forum can corroborate this view.

You are right: It is not worth worrying about for a $150 mike. Maybe that is why I simply don't own any OKTAVAs. I have no reason to either promote them or disparage them. They are completely irrelevent to me.

Getting at the truth of bizarre internet rumors DOES interest me though !

Peace,
Rick

Good call Axis. There are many, many great mics on the market from reputable companies with long track-records. I read that there are over 600 mics on the market today. It can be overwhelming trying to decide which one is right for your intended application. Rejecting the ones with questionable quality control helps narrow down your choices.

The Axis said:
Harvey:
Note that my comments are generalizations only. They were not directed at you or any particular person or their comment. They were not "cracks" or accusations.

In fact, I think most people would agree that my comments and cautions are **generally** valid. Only someone taking them personally would feel the need to be defensive. If you don't assume that they are directed at you, then don't you agree that one should be cautious about internet "facts", opinions, and rumors ?

Axis, you said earlier: "FACT: Everyone should be extremely skeptical of rumors, and recommendations given over the internet, **especially** on discussion forums. It is just too easy to spread rumors, and the claim it was "out of context", etc. if found to be false. There is also a LARGE incentive for certain people to "huff" products that are produced by buddies or an "in group" within these industries. Notice how technical info is scarce or absent from a lot of the small companies websites that get "huffed" on these forums ? Notice how the more established manufacturers publish extensive technical data sheets, follow ISO QC protocols, etc ? THERE IS A REASON FOR THIS !!"

To me, it implies that I fall into that group of people that are "huffing" products for their "buddies", since i was one of the earliest supporters of the MC012, and the only one to do an extensive test on them. So yes, I am definitely "someone who would take that personally and would feel the need to be defensive".

PS:
Quality control MUST come from the manufacturer. It CANNOT be done by a distributor. Why ? Because Quality is something that is either BUILT in to a product or not. Anything else is just looking for diamonds in a turd-pile. Yes, it happens, but is extremely rare. You are undoubtedly very knowledgeable about audio and microphones, but Manufacturing Quality Control is a different subject altogether. Any Mfg. Engineers or QC Inspectors that also frequent this forum can corroborate this view.

You are right: It is not worth worrying about for a $150 mike. Maybe that is why I simply don't own any OKTAVAs. I have no reason to either promote them or disparage them. They are completely irrelevent to me.

Getting at the truth of bizarre internet rumors DOES interest me though !
IT depends upon the cost of the overall unit as to how much QC is allotted from the available funds. If profit is low on an item, QC is usually the first casualty.Sometimes it's cheaper for a manufacturer to buy in quantity and have QC done elsewhere. In-house QC is not always advisable in every situation. Yes, it would be great if Oktava got their act together and increase their level of QC.

Taylor found a niche doing that QC for them and selling the best units from his operation. My time is worth money, and if I had to go to GC and pick up all their MC012s, and test all of them to find the best of the few they had in stock, it wouldn't be worth it to me to own them, since I'd have to repeat the whole testing process if one should go bad.

The "truth of this bizarre internet rumor" is pretty simple: If you want a really good MC012 (and you're willing to pay for the extra testing involved), I recommend you buy one from Sound Room. If you wanna take a chance that you may find a couple of good ones at Guitar Center, then try every unit they have in stock and find one of two that sound good to you.

If you choose to pass on everything with the MC012 name on it because you don't believe my impressions of the mic, you're free to do so, but you may be missing a really good value. It's your choice - always has been - always will be.

Just don't imply that all of us may be working as "shills" for these companies. That, I resent, and I DO take it personally.

Respectfully,

Harvey Gerst
ITR Studio
Sanger, Texas

Thanks for stopping in,Harvey.I'm just down the road from you in Cowtown and I've enjoyed your informative postings on the net for a few years now.Let me give the Indian Trails URL for those folks who may not know about you yet.

http://www.itrstudio.com/studio_index.html

Thanks again for all the helpful advise you've posted and please keep it coming!

Tom

The Axis

To me, it implies that I fall into that group of people that are "huffing" products for their "buddies", since i was one of the earliest supporters of the MC012, and the only one to do an extensive test on them. So yes, I am definitely "someone who would take that personally and would feel the need to be defensive".

You have inferred something that simply isn't there.
It implies that it applies to you ***ONLY*** if it is true. I have recommended a lot of equipment on forums also. I have also recommended dealers. I am obviously not a huffer either. But I wouldn't defend a dealer vociferously if I found out they were selling "hot" merchandise. *NOTE*: I am not implying that SR is selling hot merchandise, I am saying LET'S FIND THE TRUTH rather than get grumpy about "imagined" insults.

The sheer fact that you defend the SR so vigorously makes me wonder why ? You have no connection ?
Why not just get at the Truth ? If it is AF Mackay that is making false accusations, let's get at THAT TRUTH. See my point ?

Sometimes it's cheaper for a manufacturer to buy in quantity and have QC done elsewhere. In-house QC is not always advisable in every situation. Yes, it would be great if Oktava got their act together and increase their level of QC.

You don't understand the concept of quality control. There is a lot more to it than throwing out defects at the end of the line. It is much to big a subject to discuss here. Buy a book. I don't mean you are an idiot, or anything like that; I just mean that Quality Control is a very specific subject that you indicate you know nothing about. Sorry. Like if I was giving opinions on microphones, and I said "Make sure to always buy a good one, otherwise it may sound bad". :)

The "truth of this bizarre internet rumor" is pretty simple: If you want a really good MC012 (and you're willing to pay for the extra testing involved), I recommend you buy one from Sound Room. If you wanna take a chance that you may find a couple of good ones at Guitar Center, then try every unit they have in stock and find one of two that sound good to you.

OK, What exactly ARE the SR acceptable specifications ? Do they frequency scan every unit ? If not, what is the frequency and sensitivity tolerance ? Do they do environmental stress screening ? Thermal testing ? vibration testing ? What is the failure rate among GC mikes. Are their capacitance, Megohm, Impedance specs ? Why not publish all the details. ?
And mainly: Where do the mikes come from if AF McKay is the only authorized dealer ? Whay not just publish true info rather than painting such an obviously biased negative picture of GC ?

Just don't imply that all of us may be working as "shills" for these companies. That, I resent, and I DO take it personally.

"Methinks thou doth protest too much."--Wm Shakespeare

"Huffing" on the internet is a WELL KNOWN technique for boosting sales of new prioducts, and new stock prices. Just because YOU aren't doing it, doesn't mean that we should drop our skepticism shields.

If somebody doesn't like my recommendations, I just think " Piss on 'em; it is their loss." I never bother to argue about my reputation. If I were worried about my reputation, I would be A LOT MORE worried about being accused of unethical business practices (either selling hot mikes or accusing others falsely about doing it) that worried about what people thought of my taste in microphones.

Peace,
Rick

The Axis said:

The sheer fact that you defend the SR so vigorously makes me wonder why ? You have no connection ?
Why not just get at the Truth ? If it is AF Mackay that is making false accusations, let's get at THAT TRUTH. See my point ?

You don't understand the concept of quality control. There is a lot more to it than throwing out defects at the end of the line. It is much to big a subject to discuss here. Buy a book. I don't mean you are an idiot, or anything like that; I just mean that Quality Control is a very specific subject that you indicate you know nothing about.

"Methinks thou doth protest too much."--Wm Shakespeare

Rick
At this point, I don't think I can contribute much more to this thread. <sigh> No, I don't have any "connection" with the Sound Room, Taylor Johnson, or Oktava (or Neumann, or Audix, or RNC, or Marshall, or Great River, or a score of other companies I have recommended as being a good value).

I don't remember ever saying that I knew nothing about Quality Control. Among other positions I've held, I was head of Quality Control at JBL for 5 years, I instituted the QC at Acoustic Control Corporation and oversaw its operation for 7 years, and as Director of Electronics for IMC, I was responsible for all QC for Jackson, Charvel, Akai, Ross, StudioMaster, and Fane loudspeakers for 2 years.

I'm not going to get into a big argument here - it just ain't worth it. If you choose to believe there is a connection between the Sound Room in CT. and my little studio outside Krum, TX, so be it. There is none beyond what I've already mentioned in this forum. Believe whatever you like. I don't think I need to defend my reputation here (or anywhere, for that matter). I'm really just getting too old to be getting into this pissing contests. <g>

The Axis

You keep implying that I THINK you are in league with the Sound Room. I don't. But like I said: I wonder and I am skeptical. That is all.

Again: Why not (you or someone else) post all the true information rather than worry about **imagined** personal attack or inferred insults ?

Among other positions I've held, I was head of Quality Control at JBL for 5 years, I instituted the QC at Acoustic Control Corporation and oversaw its operation for 7 years, and as Director of Electronics for IMC, I was responsible for all QC for Jackson, Charvel, Akai, Ross, StudioMaster, and Fane loudspeakers for 2 years.

Well, that is surprising. I didn't mean my original comments as an insult; I meant them as a simple, helpful, statement of fact. I am really surprised that you *seem* to know so little about QC procedures if you actually held these positions. I am an Acoustic Engeer for an ISO 9001 qualified manufacturing facility. We manufacture military, medical, industrial, and musical equipment components. It is hard for me to even talk about this subject now, without fearing that you will interpret it as an insult. I don't know what to say, except that we have a LOT more involved quality control procedures besides testing things and throwing out the turds ! My statements on this subject could be corroborated by consulting workers at any up-to-date manufacturing facility, or simply checking out a couple books at the public library.

This is my last post on the subject. I just wanted to get at the Truth, not opinions or rumors. I certainly want to steer clear of insults and personal ill-will.

By the way. I always DO appreciate your comments and opinions, even if I remain skeptical and try to verify or corroborate through independent sources. So thanks !

Peace,
Bye !
Rick

Congrats Harvey

I think you've just about covered it all. Yeah, I know, for the ?X, just as I here in the past.

I feel like they're talking to me when they're talking to you. And I feel like I've said a lot in the past of what you're saying now.

Don't you know? You and I are really working for Oktava and The Sound Room. We just don't know it. Lots of others know it though. Too bad we don't see any of those profits though. Hey, maybe, just maybe, we're the ones smuggling them out of the factory... Yeah, that's it!

Don't you know all our help//suggestions/opinions are really simply a marketing ploy? Some grand scheme to make all those big bucks we're making? I guess we have to fess-up to them now; they're really getting on to us and are right on our trail.

By the way, what's all this bitching about me slightly talking about my reputation? OK, I can see MAYBE for new comers, but dobro, have I EVER displayed a "full of myself attitude? The reason of me bringing up my reputation HERE is VERY obvious. It's right HERE. Take it as you see it. And REMEMBER, I AM and heve BEEN on the defensive from the VERY beginning of ALL this.

And about that crack about "loyalty" to hanging here and me being the moderator... What the THE HELL does THAT have to with ANYTHING "Dude"? Oh, is THAT what loyalty is? I have to be ever-present? Yeah, I'm only loyal to the "big boys". Speak now if anyone else feels that way. Then I'll know who's loyal to me. And about me being the moderator... Let me tell you the little story of how that came about. This should show you how "full of myself" I am and why I mentioned this in my "reputation":

While Dragon (David) and sonusman (Ed) where visiting and we we "playing" with all the mics we currently had avaible that night, Ed mentioned to David that he didn't know why I wasn't made moderator in the mcrophone already and NOTHING else was said about it. And no more than a week later, to my surprise (and yes, it WAS a surprise), I saw my name in the Moderator box.

Now I've NEVER used my moderator "privlages" NOR have I EVER used it as "body weight". If anyone feel I have, fine. Heck, I don't even really KNOW what the moderator's "job" is. So I guess me not being here at all really for the past few months means I should be stripped of the "holy" moderator status. Well that's just fine with me. Please contact Dragon to encourage that if you'd like. It DOESN'T mean ANYTHING to me other than recognition from Dragon AND sonusman. So why the Microphone forum? Why not ANY other forum? As I've said, my reputation HERE is being a microphone junky if not anything else.

Your also a kickass engineer "dude" :D. I in no way have taken your recent absense here as a "dis", nor does it make me question your :loyalty" (maybe your patince but that's another story. It's pretty clear what you've been up to...
How is the new Hand Merchants Cd coming along? I can't waint to hear it, I really dig you guys. Did you ever buid the Davissound 24 track?

I was shocked to read your post dobro.
seems everybodys a little touchy around here recently...

-jhe

Don't let stuff get under your skin, RE. I'm glad to see ya around and I hope you still get time to pop in on occasion. I'm not the only one. Now when do we get to hear some preview clips of the new stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back