Adding external effect to recorded tracks

Ed Rinderknecht

I have four tracks recorded. I would like to use an external effects processor to add an effect to one of these tracks. Can I mute three of the recorded tracks, then connect the output of the vocal track into my external effects processor and route the stereo outputs of the processor to newly assigned tracks on my DP 01 FX/CD and record?

I believe the process is to connect your DP-01 Send to the processor's Mono Input using a 1/4" TS cable. Then run two 1/4" TS lines from the processor's Stereo Outputs to the Return jacks on the DP-01.

On board Reverb and the external processor cannot be used simultaneously, so the DP-01's Reverb must be turned off - which turns on access to the external processor.

I'm not sure how you'd go about getting the exact results your after, but that'll get you connected in the right direction.

OWner's Manual : https://tascam.com/downloads/tascam/350/dp01fxcd_eng.pdf

See Page 18 Connecting your DP-01 to other equipment

See Page 26 Mixdown and Mastering

See Page 68 Reverb

I believe the process is to connect your DP-01 Send to the processor's Mono Input using a 1/4" TS cable. Then run two 1/4" TS lines from the processor's Stereo Outputs to the Return jacks on the DP-01.

On board Reverb and the external processor cannot be used simultaneously, so the DP-01's Reverb must be turned off - which turns on access to the external processor.

I'm not sure how you'd go about getting the exact results your after, but that'll get you connected in the right direction.

OWner's Manual : https://tascam.com/downloads/tascam/350/dp01fxcd_eng.pdf

See Page 18 Connecting your DP-01 to other equipment

See Page 26 Mixdown and Mastering

See Page 68 Reverb

Your suggested hookup worked perfectly. After selecting my preferred effect, I pluged the stereo lines out from the processor into 2 asigned channels on the DP-01 and recorded the vocal with effect. Thus, I am now able to add seperate effects to individual recorded tracks then mix and master. Thanks, again !!!

When trying to load a certain song in Partition I, I get "System Error 50" "Turn off Power". What does this error mean, and, how can I fix it?

Back