acoustic/synth pop

Jags

Hey, been working on this recording/mix over the last few days, it's a song I originally wrote a few years ago, and thought it was about time I did something with it!

Wondered what you thought of the mix overall. Probably least confident about how the drums sit, too low? (I used v-drums (the most budget version) to track the midi file, then used on of logic's stock acoustic kit sounds with some alterations.)

Also not sure about the low end in general, too overbearing?..

Not In My Head

Thanks,
Jamie

Awesome sounds! How did you record the acoustics? (guitar, mics, pre's) Those logic drums don't sound bad. They are a bit too low in the mix. Maybe add a tiny bit of reverb to the snare. That might make it sound a bit more poppy. The low end is fine. I haven't found it annoying. The song had a nice chill feel to it. I liked it. Bring those drums up and then I'll comment again.

Cheers squibble, acoustic is a tanglewood, recorded using an mxl 990s, pointed about 4inches from the 12-14th fret, through a line6 ux2 interface, and obviously double tracked most of the way through, other than right at the start/end.

I'll have another go at mixing the drums and upload again tomorrow, already a bit of reverb on the snare, prob just can't make it out cos it's so quiet!

fucking great.... has echoes or radiohead .... its fine... move onto your next track ..dont waste your time ..this is fine for what it it is.

Really nice acoustic sound as previously mentioned.

When the synths come in and the sound starts to thicken up the vocals sound like they're fighting for the same frequences a bit. I'd experiment with a bit of subtractive EQ on the instruments besides the guitar (since it sounds really good with just the acoustic and vox) so the vocals have more space to breathe.

Mix sounds good on my laptop.

Back