Acoustic Piezo RUMBLE!!!!! with prizes!

mshilarious said:
Fret job went with no troubles, adjusted truss rod, good to go when suddenly the D string broke :mad: Changed it, and then the saddle snapped in half! :eek: Never had that happen before, but this is kind of a problem guitar--the top is sunken a little, so the saddle has to be higher than normal :( Anyway, I swapped in another saddle, it's a little short, but I didn't have time to cut one from a blank.

So here it is, only about half of the prelude--Book I, Prelude #4 in C#m, on an Alvarez steel-string with under-saddle piezo through an ART Dual MP (for sale!):

Aaaah, Bach

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cut these fingernails now!

This is lovely.. just slightly pitchy in places, but the tone is exceptional. For a piezo. (Actually, I'm pretty much piezo exclusive with my acoustic recordings, I was just being funny there).

Much as Tim's Come Together is ultra cool; your tone is a bit sweeter here..

Well, I'm WAY too late for the contest, because I thought for some dumbass reason that these rumbles were all about your playing; but I'm a big fan of piezo and the flexibility you have. Here is what I would have entered if I'd been smart enough to read the thread before today...

Despair

This is my Yamaha classical with a built in piezo, no idea what kind... the accompaniment is Proteus 2000 and Korg Triton... Recorded on a Korg D1600. The guitar is run through a Zoom RFX1000 multi-effects on an aux loop during acquisition; so the effects were "printed" then, no adjusting afterward. (I'm not stupid anymore, I've been reading this forum.) This is goung to be on my next CD, "Heaven". Bonus points to whomever can pick out the primary influences. (be specific) :) Extra bonus points to anyone who can figure out the primany arranging/compositional "device"

I didn't bother removing the hiss, sorry about that...

Llarion said:
This is lovely.. just slightly pitchy in places, but the tone is exceptional. For a piezo. (Actually, I'm pretty much piezo exclusive with my acoustic recordings, I was just being funny there).

Much as Tim's Come Together is ultra cool; your tone is a bit sweeter here..

Yeah, my 17th fret technique is not all that great :o Actually all my technique is pretty bad these days . . . I haven't practiced since college :o

OK, Ladies and Gentlemen, in case you haven't heard enough bad singing lately, here is the world's first apl and mshilarious collaboration:

apl & mshilarious

mshilarious said:
Yeah, my 17th fret technique is not all that great :o Actually all my technique is pretty bad these days . . . I haven't practiced since college :o

OK, Ladies and Gentlemen, in case you haven't heard enough bad singing lately, here is the world's first apl and mshilarious collaboration:

apl & mshilarious

Way to cop the Neil! :) :)

Seriously though, it's a very good likeness!

Llarion said:
Well, I'm WAY too late for the contest, because I thought for some dumbass reason that these rumbles were all about your playing; but I'm a big fan of piezo and the flexibility you have. Here is what I would have entered if I'd been smart enough to read the thread before today...

Despair

This is my Yamaha classical with a built in piezo, no idea what kind... the accompaniment is Proteus 2000 and Korg Triton... Recorded on a Korg D1600. The guitar is run through a Zoom RFX1000 multi-effects on an aux loop during acquisition; so the effects were "printed" then, no adjusting afterward. (I'm not stupid anymore, I've been reading this forum.) This is goung to be on my next CD, "Heaven". Bonus points to whomever can pick out the primary influences. (be specific) :) Extra bonus points to anyone who can figure out the primany arranging/compositional "device"

Well if you argue about it long enough, I say you're in. That is really excellent. Reminds me of Allan Holdsworth's '80s guitar synth stuff.

As for device . . . not sure, it sounds vaguely like rhythm changes :confused:

Llarion said:

Despair

This is nice.....very soothing. Good interaction between the guitar tone, and the synth. I lkie the sounds...very good.
Ed

mshilarious said:
Well if you argue about it long enough, I say you're in. That is really excellent. Reminds me of Allan Holdsworth's '80s guitar synth stuff.

As for device . . . not sure, it sounds vaguely like rhythm changes :confused:

Thanks on all counts! That's rareified air to be flying in, being compared to Holdsworth... not what I was thinking of at the time though. :) Hint on the "device", transcribe the chord changes and note a common element.

This is nice.....very soothing. Good interaction between the guitar tone, and the synth. I lkie the sounds...very good.

Thanks Dog! I enjoyed your assistance on Tim's thing.. :) Gave it the extra "soul" it needed...

mshilarious said:

apl & mshilarious
PEESHAW!!!! Yoiu did too good a job. I got you beat by a mile. I took advantage of Tim's work in his other thread, but you want entertainment, beat this.....
The Beating Of Tim's Tune :D :D :D

I actually thought you did a great job with APL's tune.....you sounded a bit like he does. :eek: (Hey, APL does a mean Neil Young...)

Llarion said:
Thanks on all counts! That's rareified air to be flying in, being compared to Holdsworth... not what I was thinking of at the time though. :) Hint on the "device", transcribe the chord changes and note a common element.

Holdsworth did a lot of atmospheric stuff . . . he did one album "Sand" that was all guitar synth, no wanking at all. His longtime fans were mostly appalled, but it was an exceptional album from a harmonic standpoint.

As for transcription . . . . eh, that's a lot of work :(

Dogman said:
PEESHAW!!!! Yoiu did too good a job. I got you beat by a mile. I took advantage of Tim's work in his other thread, but you want entertainment, beat this.....
The Beating Of Tim's Tune :D :D :D

I actually thought you did a great job with APL's tune.....you sounded a bit like he does. :eek: (Hey, APL does a mean Neil Young...)

Ah, the Warren Zevon version . . . nice :D

apl's vocal phrasing is too clipped for Neil. He doesn't whine enough :p

mshilarious said:

apl & mshilarious

That's funny.

Back