Acoustic Gospel Song

Very nice. Guitar sounds nice and clean and so do the vocals. Great voice by the way. Maybe to much reverb and delay, but I also know this type of song needs that.

Thanks, enjoyed listening.

well on this particular song I duped the vox X3 and the DI gtr. once and the mic on the gtr. once and played w/ the stereo field a bit using a CAD Trion 8000 tube condensor on the vox and a Behringer C-2 mic @ the bridge through a Behringer Ultragain Pro Mic 2200 pre I thought the outcome was far better than I could have asked for out of the behringer stuff.

The subject matter leaves me cold, but it's a pretty good song, and you have a voice to die for. There is great vocal strength and character there.

The guitar playing is fine, but you did this without a click, right? It just seems to speed up a bit towards the end, just before the final slow down. That's not a big deal . . . it doesn't mess up the song any.

Like bigtom said, there's probably a couple of spoonfuls too much of the reverb, and I'd be interested to here whether it stands being a bit drier.

Inote that you miked and DIed the guitar. The guitar sounds fine, but I can hear the metallic pick-up sound that I'm not all that keen on. Again, I'd be interested in hearing the guitar just miked.

Behringer gear has its place. The C2 actually makes a very good instrument mike, and if you want something to replace (and deliver a better sound) than an SM57, the C2 is great for stage work.

Well done.

Back