Acoustic, Folky, Orchestral - See Your Face

Hi Forum

This is the latest track from my brother in law and myself. An acoustic, folky, orchestral downtempo track. We would love to hear what you think of it.

Thanks

David

A couple of things stand out to me, the 'boom' of the snare sound is a bit loud, like those harmonies a lot though, it's an interesting song and arrangement, strings are a bit too loud as well.

Really cool stuff.
I love the vibe and downtempo. It's a bit repetitive. Mix is good.
The snare sounds great and intentionally boomy for the genre. I like it as is and wouldn't change it except maybe during the intro. The strings are a hair (1db) loud during the intro. When everything comes in the drum and strings sound right, so I'd work on the intro and use some automation. That's about it.

The vocals sound pretty good.

The snare is pretty boomy. It especially sticks out at the beginning.

The string/brass samples are pretty rough. They're pretty clearly a keyboard.

The bass/overdrive solo is pretty cool. I wouldn't mind more OD and less bass tho.

Thanks for the comments, constructive as always.

The snare is actually a cajon, so not a normal sounding snare as such. The strings are Native Instruments Session strings, it's a struggle to convince an orchestra to play for a couple of knob heads like us ;-)

The vocal sounds pretty good to me. THey're a bit drowned out by the instruments. I like the singer's voice(s).

I thought the snare everyone was talking about was a kick drum. Anyway, it's really loud and woofy. Too much low end too. Bass is muddy and loud.

I like the song.

Back