Acoustic # 4 - Come On

deja-vu

Pretty cool man...I really like the piano work.......very tasty...
wierd change up musically but it works....
fem harmony vox seems out of key...
needs bass bad...
Because it's a canned drum track...I would push the stick a cymbals a bit further back in the mix....kick sounds good...
I like the effect on the lead vox....very cool....good verb there man...
A guitar track would be cool...maybe an acoustic and a grungy distorted one too...
I would end it sharply at the end of the music...at 2:58....let the piano sound out and end it.......

Cool tune man,
Joe

Wow, another great Lynx tune! I'm lovin it. Very different from the first 3 for sure (all of which I love - especially "I wonder why this is"). I dig the new feel w/ the drums and all - it adds to the unpredictability of your stuff. While this one doesn't seem to me to be as catchy as the first 3, it's a great tune and will certainly fit well into your album. As always, perfect vocals and harmonies. I love your voice.

I could see this song being a great album closer - sort of like how a lot of bands put a remixed "house/club" version of one of their tunes at the end. :)

Hey,

I like the overall tune, did you play it "live" or just record it all in one take?

Because if it was really live you must have done an awesome job in keeping time without the drums in yet......

Your voice is very unique, I like it, harmonies are good, sounds a tad off in some places.

How did you record the piano?

yiordanaki

I've caught alll your new releases as you've posted them.
This is the same high quality of writing I've come to expect.
The female harmony is a good idea but should probably be redone with attention paid to pitch.
Other than that.............Very Good

joro - Thx man, I actually have a bass hiding back there, perhaps it needs to come out a bit more

Paco - Thx a lot Paco, I'm enjoying your stuff as well.

yiordanaki - Thx for listening yiordanaki. I actually played live to a metronome which is what I usually do anyways, after the song was complete, I added the drum track at the same speed.

HevyD47Ca - Thx Hevy for the nice comments. She's not in any more, I swear :D

Very good...

Guitars sit very well and overall it has a very spacious feel...

Good Balance...

dude. this is a really nice warm sound. The vox and soundscape are big and wide. I like that bass line but would like to hear it just a little bit louder. The perc line sounded cool with this piece

Great piano work, also liked the percussion, but it sounds like it needs some eq work, a little harsh sounding maybe?

lynx,

I really like this song! :)

It kind of reminded me of what Roger Waters might sound like if he ever came out of his eternal depression! (if you know who Roger Waters is?) ;)

As to the quality of the recording, everything sounded nice and clear and very clean.

The only oddity in the mix seemed to be the backing vocal stereoed tracks midway through the piece that seemed too far separated into hard bottom left and upper hard right panning. I know pan controls just go left or right but this seemed to go high and low as well some how?

Otherwise, a great song and skilled effort, putting it together.

Cheers! :)

I know i've listened to this tune at least 30 times since last night..and I could count the times on one hand that's ever happened;) . Great song lynx*****

Hey Toki - I agree on the bass, I'm increasing it on the remix.

Phyl - Thx for listening Phyl. Hard to say if it's worth tweaking, I'm on the fence.

The Ghost of FM - Thx for listening and nice to see you around GFM. Not sure how I panned it up and down, maybe it was the spiced rum I had for lunch :)

freshears - Thx a lot for the listen, glad you're liking it.

Lynx,

Nice job. It had a nice warm and full sound.

Can you comment on your recording and mixing technique for the acoustic? Types of mics? Placement? Eq? Etc.

Thanks - BPOCO

Nice.....well recorded and performed. I too, would like the bass to be more present........vox sounds good..........didn't care for the kick sound.......hmmmmm....that's it.

bpoco - It's a pretty simple guitar setup. I setup my SM58 in front of my acoustic and played into the mic. I fooled around with some different methods but found with decent strings and double tracking, it's good enough to provide a decent sound on the acoustic.

Lt. Bob - Nice to hear from you, I actually have a "more-bass" version that I never bothered to put up since the change was so subtle, it's better I think. At the very least I'll replace the one there.

Hmmm... i posted on this thread last night, is something going on with the hr server? I keep getting these .php files to upload when i click on the threads.

Well i will comment again and try to paraphrase what i remember.

I really liked the intimate organic feel of this song. Well written in fact i think that's a big strength for this, it will appeal to a lot of people. I remember noticing that you had the congas and the piano lines coming from the right and I thought that was an interesting choice, it was primarily from one sided but the track still sounded balanced to me and not lopsided.

At least that's mostly what i can remember from my original post.. but something strange is afoot.

Also anyone getting emails from Allied Marketing?

Hmmm... i posted on this thread last night, is something going on with the hr server? I keep getting these .php files to upload when i click on the threads.

Well i will comment again and try to paraphrase what i remember.

I really liked the intimate organic feel of this song. Acoustics have a nicely defined top end without being shrill. Well written in fact i think that's a big strength for this, it will appeal to a lot of people. I remember noticing that you had the congas and the piano lines coming from the right and I thought that was an interesting choice, it was primarily from one sided but the track still sounded balanced to me and not lopsided.

At least that's mostly what i can remember from my original post.. but something strange is afoot.

Also anyone getting emails from Allied Marketing?

Back