AA1.5 is slow

ches1

hi everyone!

My AA 1.5 is running very slowly compared to my other softwares.
example:
-in the edit window, when I press PLAY it's not as "instant" than in Live5
-in the multitrack, when I mix the level it kind of lag(like if the vol. is -6 and I quickly boost it to +6, it will take a short time for the vol.to reach +6)

there's also a strange thing that happens when I use waves plug-in(the C1 and De-esser here)
when I start mixing I will add a de-esser and a C1 on the main vocal, and the level display will be tight! BUT if I add an other C1 or De-esser on an other track, the meter will show movement BEFORE the audio actually occurs. it will do that on every "added" instance of C1 while the one on the main vocal track will still displays fine.

this thing doesn't happen in Live5 and Pro-tools M-Powered 7.4 but here's my set-up

amd athlon 64X2 2,2Ghz
2Gig RAM
Delta1010

any help is much appreciated!
Peace.

maybe its your ram or processor....may not be fast or have enugh to work this particualr software as well as you would like

Hi,
AA 1.5 is not a 'slow' piece of software, not at all....(been using this platform since the space race, or so it seems.)
Your computer has fine specs, so I'd suggest it could be a configuration issue, with peripheral gear or just the Windows set-up itself
Do you have lots of crap on this PC, is it your internet PC, have you got out dated anti-virus software?.....what else is running (processes) when you press 'control_Alt_Delete'??
.....quite hard to establish right now, you'll no doubt rx more replies soon!
Cheers,.

PS, I understood that you suggested your other 'softwares' appear to work fine, but different apps sometimes require more bandwidth etc to function correctly....
though my system hardly flinches when I run CEP/AA 1.5.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have too many other unnecessary processes running in the background.

Click Start > Run

Then type msconfig into the box, then hit Enter. When the System Configuration Utility dialog box pops up, tick Selective Startup. Under the Startup tab, you will see all of the services that are scheduled to run when your PC boots up. Chances are you'll be appalled. Untick the boxes next to the programs/services you don't recognize or don't want to run automatically when you turn on your computer. Clicking "Disable All" probably won't hurt you either.

Click Apply then OK, and reboot your PC. Upon reboot, the System Configuration Utility dialog box will pop up. Tick "Don't show me this message again, etc." then OK.

You'll be amazed at how much faster your machine is. Rreally.

Steve

Slow C1 ? or just smart ?

I believe the C1 showing peaks etc is to do with the way the software was written. The C1 is an intelligent compressor and is looking ahead of what to compress.

So when you are playing your song, the C1 is actually montioring a few seconds ahead and deciding how to threat the samples in order to compress them the way you want to.

Thanks to the smart guys at of Waves Software !

Back