A Pop Tune

OK, This should be alot better, all the comments were helpful. the bass on the first mix was so far off, this should sound much cleaner :)

Attachments

• Sang4UagainMp3.mp3
    6.7 MB · Views: 5
The lead vox sounds loud to me?

Maybe overall, but more than that, I hear the main acoustic rhythm track (left side) needing to be more prominent. To my ears it needs to fill up the void in the 2-3k range that is naked when the vocals aren't there. Call me weird, but this would be a case where I might try duplicating the track, delay one 10ms, and pan it at lower volume on right side.

But then again, what the hell do I know.

Low end sounds much better man! :D

Maybe overall, but more than that, I hear the main acoustic rhythm track (left side) needing to be more prominent. To my ears it needs to fill up the void in the 2-3k range that is naked when the vocals aren't there. Call me weird, but this would be a case where I might try duplicating the track, delay one 10ms, and pan it at lower volume on right side.

But then again, what the hell do I know.

Low end sounds much better man! :D

Thanks, hey I tried that free compressor you mentioned yesterday I think its called a MKII or something, blue interface. It works fine but as soon as I recall it Cubase freezes. Strange.

Do you use any DSP effects?

Thanks, hey I tried that free compressor you mentioned yesterday I think its called a MKII or something, blue interface. It works fine but as soon as I recall it Cubase freezes. Strange.

Do you use any DSP effects?

That is strange. Never had that issue. Recall it?

Naw, I use mostly Waves API collection and PSP eq's. Not a big fan of the built in Cubase effects, except for the stereo delay and REVerance in C6.

That is strange. Never had that issue. Recall it?

Naw, I use mostly Waves API collection and PSP eq's. Not a big fan of the built in Cubase effects, except for the stereo delay and REVerance in C6.

Yeah like when you hit that e button to pop up the interface on the monitor screen.

Anyway your using C6? Are you running it 32 or 64bit? Was the upgrade from C5 to 6 worth it? It doesnt look all that different, but they claim the sound engine is par with protools.

Wow, that is really strange. Nothing like that here.

Yeah, C6 32-bit. I don't work much with VSTi, so don't see the need to address more RAM. Yet. Way worth it to me. Better automation control and GUI is more pleasing. Plus, I was in the grace period, so I got the upgrade for $35. lol! :D

The audio engine has been the same since 4. Many like to say it sounds better now, but it is probably more related to better plugs, at least in my experience. Protools does not itself, sound better than any other upper level DAW. Anyone who says that IMO, is talking out their ass. My buddy has Protools HD and $100 G+ of outboard gear. Cubase and some quality plugs, can out-do what he is capable of there. Or at least I have been able to. It is the engineer that makes a DAW work. Not the program.

Wow, that is really strange. Nothing like that here.

Yeah, C6 32-bit. I don't work much with VSTi, so don't see the need to address more RAM. Yet. Way worth it to me. Better automation control and GUI is more pleasing. Plus, I was in the grace period, so I got the upgrade for $35. lol! :D

The audio engine has been the same since 4. Many like to say it sounds better now, but it is probably more related to better plugs, at least in my experience. Protools does not itself, sound better than any other upper level DAW. Anyone who says that IMO, is talking out their ass. My buddy has Protools HD and $100 G+ of outboard gear. Cubase and some quality plugs, can out-do what he is capable of there. Or at least I have been able to. It is the engineer that makes a DAW work. Not the program.

Thanks, why is the automation and GUI better? is 32 an actually different program? I do run alot of VSTi's so I'm kinda stuck using 64, it sucks that Waves doesnt have 64bit yet. It does seem I have some graphics problems, just like I mentioned.

I hear what Jimmys saying about the left hand guitar but that could be just because they are panned quite hard...didnt think the vocals were too loud...sounded great

does all seem clearer now, I notice it most on the fade out electric guitar, much clearer

good job Pete :)

Thanks Keith,

Did you mention you use a UAD card?

What plugs do you like from them.

the pultec pro and the moog filter are great but my favourite is the fairchild 670, i use it on everything..its so gentle its hard to overdo which is great for knob happy keith

hang on that doesnt sound right lol

I like them all that Ive got..I use the enhancer too much, but Ive started using the freebies you get with it more...the cut down pultec just to colour things and the channel strip on vocal parts

Back