A Great EQ

Bowisc

Drool kids...
EQsmall.jpg

Bowisc

And nowhere else either... :)
Exlusive preview, it seems. To bad the images aren't a bit bigger.

Looks nice - I'll give 'em a listen as soon as Atlas gets them in. I'd be a little more excited if I hadn't just gotten a Crane Song Ibis. :D

DigitMus said:
Looks nice - I'll give 'em a listen as soon as Atlas gets them in. I'd be a little more excited if I hadn't just gotten a Crane Song Ibis. :D

Look into the small dot

Your getting sleepy..very sleepy..Your in your happy place

You need to send that Ibis to Don in Orlando

When awake you feel refreshed and strangely liberated

:p

Don

What is the estimated damage to your rent/mortgage/kid's college education fund to purchase this here joint!!??

Fletcher posted a big post about this in the "Great River Pres" thread. I think he meant it for here:

Fletcher said:
Well... considering that it's a "Mercenary Edition"... I think the chances of me not loving it are pretty slim. We ran the first prototype down the pike last spring... it sounded excellent, but it was kind of an ergonmic nightmare... so back to the drawing board...

Dan and I met again in late spring and worked on some layout ideas... in the middle we emailed drawings and ideas back and forth... what resulted was a unit that is easy to use, and as cost effective as possible [while maintaining the audio quality I demanded] equalizer.

We started with the drawings for a Neve® 1081 4 band equalizer... we ended with a whole bunch of changes from the original drawings, but the same inductors from the 1081 [which is one of the reasons that makes it pretty difficult to seriously fuck up the sound of something with this EQ].

The EQ-2NV employs digital switching of an entirely class 'A' signal path [the original 1081 employs a class 'A/B' output section]... the net result is better stability, better headroom, better 'depth' to the tone, and a bit greater flexibilty. By better flexibility I mean that there are three bandwidth options on the two mid bands as opposed to only two options on an original 1081.

The idea was to able to use the EQ-2NV either in conjunction with the MP-2NV [on the MP-2NV's insert point] or as a stand alone unit.

When used on the insert point of the MP-2NV, you are inserting the equalizer circuit between the input and output amplifiers of the MP-2NV [just the way it worked in a 1073 module... except it's a more flexible 4 band EQ]. You can also use the "line in" on the EQ-2NV with the class 'A', transformer balanced output of the MP-2NV... or you can use the class 'A' transformerless output of the EQ-2NV... the net result is different tones.

When using the EQ-2NV with the MP-2NV the 'loading' switch on the MP-2NV comes into play [this is the switch that adds a load to the transformers flattening their response]... when using the MP-2NV and EQ-2NV running a line or mic level signal into the MP-2NV, the impedance switch on the mic-pre comes into play.

The 'stand alone' output on the EQ-2NV is a fully class 'A', balanced, transformerless design that has substantially greater headroom than the older Neve® design... the object being to give the user the greatest tonal flexibility so they can tailor their audio to the musical statement.

...and yes, there will be mounting hardware to mount an EQ-1NV and an ME-1NV [single channel EQ and mic-pre] into a 1 RU configuration.

Aight, I'm still a newbie in so many ways:

Why would someone pay 10x the going EQ price for this? Better noise floor? More accurate signal? Am I missing something?

Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Daf

MISTERQCUE said:
What is the estimated damage to your rent/mortgage/kid's college education fund to purchase this here joint!!??

Screw the rent, skip the mortgage and send the kid to the adoption agency and you should be fine. However, when you are living on the street, the EQ will not be able to remove the car/kid/wind noises from your recordings.

PS: The EQ is not waterproof either, so you will have to get an appropriate sized refridge box to live in. Then you can soudproof it too.

Just trying to help.

Back