A few RNP/RNC questions

puffin

Hi

I am considering purchasing the RNP and RNC an dhave a couple of questions. I was hoping someone could help out.

1. Does the RNP have phantom power? I have an AKG c1000 that will need it.
2. I want to use the units to record myself singing and playing a mic'd acoustic guitar at the same time. Will I be able to record onto two tracks in Cubase, although only one will be compressed? or can I compress both tracks? Am I right in thinking I will not be able to have different compression settings for the two signals?
3. Is the RNC a dual mono compressor or a stereo compressor?

I 'm just a bit confused. I don't want to fork out for these, only to discover they don't suit my needs.....

puffin said:
Hi

I am considering purchasing the RNP and RNC an dhave a couple of questions. I was hoping someone could help out.

1. Does the RNP have phantom power? I have an AKG c1000 that will need it.
2. I want to use the units to record myself singing and playing a mic'd acoustic guitar at the same time. Will I be able to record onto two tracks in Cubase, although only one will be compressed? or can I compress both tracks? Am I right in thinking I will not be able to have different compression settings for the two signals?
3. Is the RNC a dual mono compressor or a stereo compressor?

I 'm just a bit confused. I don't want to fork out for these, only to discover they don't suit my needs.....

1. Yes.
2. Yes, but you really should use a dual mono compressor for that.
3. No, it's not a dual mono compressor.

to be honest , I don't think the AKG c1000 is suitable for that application, trust me i got one.
but anyway
As far i know the rnp got p-power, but you don't have 2 use that, because the c1000 can be powered by a battery.
the rnc is a stereo comp. so you can not have different compression settings for the two signals. but in cubase you can

hope this helps

Remco

The RNC in Supernice mode is just incredibly flexible and forgiving. Yeah, the channels are linked but I bet you could get a better sound using it "wrong" (for two mic's on different sources) than anything else even near the price that has dual mono controls. I bought two RNCs so I could have the dual mono control, but to be honest, unless there's a HUGE difference in the two sources it sounds 99% as good just using one RNC. The perfect use of it would be to back the mic's up a bit in a stereo config. Then the linked channel settings would be exactly what you need. It's a different animal though, if you need to use it in its non-supernice mode. Either way it'll be the best $200 you ever spent.

Tim

Last edited:
DJL said:
It looks more like by two minutes... but it's never too late to add helpful info to the thread. :)

23:46 your (DJL) post
23:47 My (Remco) post

looks like 1 minute 2 me. :p

hell, who cares

Remco

Back