a clear sound in a preamp

I have my CLM Dynamics DB400...which is a pretty high-end 4-channel pre...super clean/transparent (but not sterile) with crazy gain and headroom....so I don't really need anything else in that department.

I'm still dialing in my Langevin DVC and Groove Tubes SuPre. The Supre is also pretty clean with tons of gain, with a rather Hi-Fi "forward" flavor, which might seem odd coming from a tube preamp. I've tried it on a bunch of stuff but haven't decided where it will sit in my tonal palate.

@ Fishmed

I recently got my JLM Baby Animals built, eight chan total. Four of them will have an API flavor and the other four Neve. I only have simple IC opamps in them, but have plans to upgrade them with discrete opamps in the future.

How do you like the Baby Animals? I'm just accumulating pieces to build a 4 channel unit of Baby Animal Neutrals. Two of them will host John Hardy 990Cs

It's quite cool that I live like 20 minutes away from Joe Malones workshop. I opted to pick up my kits directly from Joe, mainly so I could meet him and have a sticky-beak at his workshop. "Oooo!... Toys! Must... resist... urge... to touch..."

Paul

@ Fishmed

How do you like the Baby Animals? I'm just accumulating pieces to build a 4 channel unit of Baby Animal Neutrals. Two of them will host John Hardy 990Cs

It's quite cool that I live like 20 minutes away from Joe Malones workshop. I opted to pick up my kits directly from Joe, mainly so I could meet him and have a sticky-beak at his workshop. "Oooo!... Toys! Must... resist... urge... to touch..."

Paul

With my day job and a mixing project I have been working on, I have not had the time to put it through its paces yet. From what little testing I have done, it has lots of gain, quite clean and clear. I am itching to do some drums with them.

Back