'65 BF Vibro Champ Blonde Piggyback Combo.

Texsunburst59

A fellow forum member had been wanting a Vibro Champ Piggyback combo ever since he saw the first pics of my Red VC Piggyback. Anyway,he asked how he could have one made for himself. It just so happened my local amp guru who made mine had a '65 VC Chassis that he'd bought of E-bay. Anyway he made this very sweet Blonde Piggy back for him. It's loaded with Weber 10" Alnico speakers. I got to play it before it got shipped and it was LOUD and very clean sounding.

P5250323.jpg

P5250326.jpg

P5250325.jpg

P5250327.jpg

P5250328.jpg

That's what I was going to ask

You said it was loud and clean. Both of those things are exactly the opposite of why most guys want a VC in the first place. We want something that gets good and dirty at low volumes. If you want loud and clean, you get a Twin.

See if you can get a clip of it to put up. I'd like to hear it with 2 10's Sounds interesting. How close to the original does he build the actual amp?

You said it was loud and clean. Both of those things are exactly the opposite of why most guys want a VC in the first place. We want something that gets good and dirty at low volumes. If you want loud and clean, you get a Twin.

See if you can get a clip of it to put up. I'd like to hear it with 2 10's Sounds interesting. How close to the original does he build the actual amp?

I actually don't have the amp anymore. My amp guy just brought it over so I could hear it before he shipped it off. As far as how does it sound compared to an original? Well, there's no such thing as an original VC Piggyback. They were never made. As far as I know, my amp is probably the first guy I know of to build a Vibro Champ as a piggyback combo. My Red VC Piggyback was the 1st one, and the is the 2nd one he's built. Here's a pic of the 1st Red one he built for me that's loaded with 2 8" Weber Ceramic Blue Pup speakers.

100_0626.jpg

100_0627.jpg

100_0628.jpg

Is it possible to get some contact information for the person that made these piggyback's. I am trying to get a 2 x 8" cabinet made for my 68' Vibro Champ. Thanks...

Is it possible to get some contact information for the person that made these piggyback's. I am trying to get a 2 x 8" cabinet made for my 68' Vibro Champ. Thanks...

I have it on good authority that the OP died several years ago. Just like this thread...

New in town?:D

Back