Okay...teach me about love.

Seriously...from a man's point of view. I am passionately interested in it.

In spite of what our pop culture maintains, that's a deep & complex question. I wouldn't know where to begin.

I know you don't want to limit the responses, but perhaps you could start the volleying with a specific question, and then folks will jump in and the conversation will meander...

Okay....I'll start with a simple question.

Define what love is to you...when you say you love your wife...what does that mean to you as a man, because I know that sometimes men and women perceive love differently.

Is that a meandering provoking specific, that embraces an in-depth kaleidoscope of intertwining confusion...?:D:eek:

There aint no actual teaching about such things....if you over analyze, it doesn't work. I love boobies...that don't make it love. Drinking beers with your wife, and actually enjoying the time together...that's love. We are friends first....

Is that a meandering provoking specific, that embraces an in-depth kaleidoscope of intertwining confusion...?:D:eek:
I guess I shouldn't be so flippant and be a bit more serious about this..since I did say I was serious to learn...I just find myself getting that way when it comes to the subject of love...so bear with me as I stop the hysterical laughter and put on a solemn face....:eek:...damn, here I go again....sorry...:D

Okay..I'm in control of myself now...please continue...someone...please.

There aint no actual teaching about such things....if you over analyze, it doesn't work. I love boobies...that don't make it love. Drinking beers with your wife, and actually enjoying the time together...that's love. We are friends first....
Hi Dog...thanks for the input. I like that part of it...in the bold.

Okay....I'll start with a simple question.

Define what love is to you...when you say you love your wife...what does that mean to you as a man, because I know that sometimes men and women perceive love differently.

Don't get me started, I'll go emo on all of you :eek:

Seriously though, I have some totally mental perception of what love is. When I *am* in love (which is once too often) - than other person becomes the sun for me that I turn around 24/7. I start making drawings/paintings of them, writing 489-pages letters to them about how I feel, but I get it so strong at times I feel my head is going up the skies and stays there for hours. Not even WEED gives me that high :eek: :D

Don't get me started, I'll go emo on all of you :eek:

Seriously though, I have some totally mental perception of what love is. When I *am* in love (which is once too often) - than other person becomes the sun for me that I turn around 24/7. I start making drawings/paintings of them, writing 489-pages letters to them about how I feel, but I get it so strong at times I feel my head is going up the skies and stays there for hours. Not even WEED gives me that high :eek: :D

I know that feeling. And I love to have it--I'm a good old fashioned romantic. But that feeling fades. It comes and goes. That's where a lot of relationships/marriages end: "I fell out of love."

Love means I humble myself and continue to adore her when it doesn't give me warm fuzzies--bet because it's what she needs and deserves, regardless of how it makes me feel at the moment.

The cool thing is that the emotional swirl of "being in love" does return. And it's made deeper and stronger by each season of loving out of commitment rather than just feeling.

It's a yin and yang thing. The "in love" thing is worth fighting for. Hell, it's worth dying for! But it can often only be renewed by continuing to love in its absence.

Anyone who knows the inner workings of love would be too busy curing cancer, solving world hunger, and achieving world peace to explain it to you!

I cant tell you why I love, or what it is that causes it, but I recognize it when I experience it.

My wife and I have an amazing marriage. I think it's based on a mutual respect, not just for eachother, but for us as a couple as well.

We were really good friends for over a year before we started anyhting romantically. To me, my love for her means that I would do just about anything to make sure she is happy, I honor, respect, and cherish her. I don't try to change her, and I support her in all she does. She does the same for me, without her I'd probably still be a stockboy at the local record store, but she believed in me enough to make me believe in myself, and I can only hope that I've done the same for her.

My wife and I have an amazing marriage. I think it's based on a mutual respect, not just for eachother, but for us as a couple as well.

We were really good friends for over a year before we started anyhting romantically. To me, my love for her means that I would do just about anything to make sure she is happy, I honor, respect, and cherish her. I don't try to change her, and I support her in all she does. She does the same for me, without her I'd probably still be a stockboy at the local record store, but she believed in me enough to make me believe in myself, and I can only hope that I've done the same for her.

I've experienced two radically different , let's say types of love.

The first love I ever had for someone was this girl Heather. I had "clicked" with her the first second I got to know her, like an instant crush and it had worked the same for her the other way around. In fact nobody has ever had a bigger impact on me than her - I had always been quite shy about sharing my art/lyrics to anyone, but she insisted and she so obviously loved it that it opened some emotional dimensions in myself I never knew that existed.

Then it got complicated as she unleashed her 'manipulative bitch' side on me, which made me like, totally fall for her. We had been breaking up, getting back together, make us hate and love each other at the same time - and to be honest although we haven't talked in 2 years now, I've never been over her, I probably never will. And I wouldn't trade that stage with her in my life for anything in the world.

With the other girl, Tessa, it was completely different. I first met her when she was like, fucking, 14 , and for a very long time we had hardly even been acknowledging each other. However, as she grew older we started talking more and more, to the point that I realized I could share with her some things I wouldn't even think of telling to anyone else. While my feelings to her remained just friendly, she had developed a massive crush on me and at some point it became mutual. But it's like, everytime I see her my heart jumps and we start chatting and chatting, or just staring at each other for endless minutes without saying nothing. She had brought the best in me on the surface, and some things that I so shouldn't be feeling at the moment (like marriage and kids! ). I'm actually engaged with this girl :)

But it's so overally positive that it makes me too happy to do anything else but be in her company. I'm an artist, and I need some crazy dis-balance in my life. At this point I'm just too not ready for a commitment, and I'd rather have a series of disfunctional relationships, which I do, than settle down with one person.

I've experienced two radically different , let's say types of love.

The first love I ever had for someone was this girl Heather. I had "clicked" with her the first second I got to know her, like an instant crush and it had worked the same for her the other way around. In fact nobody has ever had a bigger impact on me than her - I had always been quite shy about sharing my art/lyrics to anyone, but she insisted and she so obviously loved it that it opened some emotional dimensions in myself I never knew that existed.

Then it got complicated as she unleashed her 'manipulative bitch' side on me, which made me like, totally fall for her. We had been breaking up, getting back together, make us hate and love each other at the same time - and to be honest although we haven't talked in 2 years now, I've never been over her, I probably never will. And I wouldn't trade that stage with her in my life for anything in the world.

With the other girl, Tessa, it was completely different. I first met her when she was like, fucking, 14 , and for a very long time we had hardly even been acknowledging each other. However, as she grew older we started talking more and more, to the point that I realized I could share with her some things I wouldn't even think of telling to anyone else. While my feelings to her remained just friendly, she had developed a massive crush on me and at some point it became mutual. But it's like, everytime I see her my heart jumps and we start chatting and chatting, or just staring at each other for endless minutes without saying nothing. She had brought the best in me on the surface, and some things that I so shouldn't be feeling at the moment (like marriage and kids! ). I'm actually engaged with this girl :)

But it's so overally positive that it makes me too happy to do anything else but be in her company. I'm an artist, and I need some crazy dis-balance in my life. At this point I'm just too not ready for a commitment, and I'd rather have a series of disfunctional relationships, which I do, than settle down with one person.

I got married at 22 years old. I look at it like this....the search was over, i found the one, so why wait? Everyone told me I was stupid for getting married so young, but we just celebrated our sixth anniversary, and we're as happy as ever!

I got married at 22 years old. I look at it like this....the search was over, i found the one, so why wait? Everyone told me I was stupid for getting married so young, but we just celebrated our sixth anniversary, and we're as happy as ever!

Congratulations! I got married at 19, and we've been married for 22 years. She's still my world. :D

Yes but considering I was born in Lithuania that had narrowed my "the one" search for 19 years until I moved out :D

Back