My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wtf: Read this on the facebook so sad.....:(

Corona Virus claims a black belt. Chuck Norris, Dead at 80.

Carlos Ray “Chuck” Norris, famous actor and fighter, died yesterday afternoon at his home in Northwood Hills, TX at the age of 80.

Chuck Starred in dozens of movies and Tv series which have, and continue to entertain millions of people.

He was also a master of martial arts, which was the cause of his initial fame in the movie industry.

However, after his minor inconvenience of death, Chuck has made a full recovery, and is reported to be doing quite well.

It has also been reported that the Corona virus is in self isolation for 14 days due to being exposed to Chuck Norris

:laughings:

As I get older, this is more true today than yesterday and will be more true tomorrow.

It's really quite interesting as we head off into the sunset years of our lives. What we thought we were going to do and what we end up doing are similar but quite different. Never dreamed with two daughters I'd end up with 6 grand kids....curve ball to "the plans" but totally awesomely worth the change of course...Gotta be honest even if it was only 1 grand kid our "plans" were permanently changed.. They own us...especially the wife. So where we end up living is pretty much contingent on where they live..( hadn't really looked at it at that angle back in the day)...perspective! Fortunately at least for now they are both close...But that stops us from doing the move down south ( part of the original plan ) example 2 ... I was always going to buy a Harley "someday".... when the time finally came where I was in a financial place I could.... it became way to clear that "at my age" and with the advent of the mobile phone and texting...twas just too risky...The cousin I had always thought I'd be taking rides with sold his and told me to not do it...he'd lost too many friends...dang perspectives they change... As my Pops said ...The more I know, the more I realize how little I know... ;)

Well when it comes to being #1 at making dumb videos at 8 years old little Ryan is the top youtube earner in 2019 with a sweet 26 million clean sweep...damn! 8 years old and 26 million bones...something tells me his Mommy and Daddy are getting a piece of the action...maybe :eek

Maybe you're missing out on all the action...go grab a camera, and don't worry about making it interesting or well done...the dumber the better.

All depends how you look at it...

Exactly it's all about perspective...

1. the art of drawing solid objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and position in relation to each other when viewed from a particular point.
"a perspective drawing"

2. A particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

View attachment 106312

I was always going to buy a Harley "someday"....

Had my bike years back in my 20s...but I very much wanted to get a big Harley one day...almost did a couple of times, and TBH, was looking at bikes the last couple of weeks, because even though this is the start of bike season, the fact that so many are out of work and not getting all that much in bailout support...there's more people looking to get rid of bikes now, than in the fall...at great prices.

It's not any fear of riding that keeps me from buying one, as it would be mostly a fun thing to do once in awhile, and not like riding daily, to work, etc.
What keeps me from buying on is mainly my studio interests. What I mean is...any time I think about dropping some $$ even on a decent used Harley (still around $10k)...I think about how much more I would rather spend that money on studio stuff, which at this point in my life, is all I'm going to be doing as I ride into the sunset of my years.
Yeah, the bike would still be nice, and who knows...maybe...like if I hook up with some musicians who also happen to ride, I might be persuaded...but at this point I don't feel that real urge like in my younger days.

I don't have any children to spoil and spend my free time with...so my time is my time.

Maybe you're missing out on all the action...go grab a camera, and don't worry about making it interesting or well done...the dumber the better.

LOL don't think I'm not :cool:....I have 6 grand kids and they're all cuter and smarter than ol mega millionaire Ryan..They watch all those Youtube videos..They can pull it off....We got get the money maker channel going ...one good year of toy review videos and we're all one big happy family living the dream down in La Jolla on a family estate...Just playing music / jamming at our private amphitheater, Golfing n surfin...... just a few 100 million youtube clicks away. :D

[MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION] you speak of perspective. What kind of world do you see your grandchildren living in? Serious question

Ps. Don’t have to answer if you don't want to. Ignore at will......or not.

[MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION] you speak of perspective. What kind of world do you see your grandchildren living in?

I think the better question would be what king of future do his children see for their children...and what is their perspective about the government and socioeconomic outlook and type of life their kids should expect to have.

Those of us getting on in years can afford to watch it all go rolling by and not worry as much about it going downhill as long as we have our shit covered for our remainder of time on planet earth, if we so choose to do...but the next couple of generations down, they are the ones shaping the future...or at least they are the ones who have to power to shape the future...so what are they doing for their kids....?

Like I said...I have no kids, and my immediate family is gone. I have cousins with their kids...but that's their responsibility how they raise them, and the ideals and goals and common sense they impart on them.
So I could just sit back and not care too much about all the crap going wrong...and by the time the shit really hits the fan, so will I...and it won't directly affect me...
...but I still can't stand watching what IMO was once a strong nation, falling apart at the hands of confused "progressive" thinking that isn't based in reality, and now this virus situation is really bringing it all out to the surface.

[MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION] you speak of perspective. What kind of world do you see your grandchildren living in? .

Like you having grown up in a time when TV was a new thing, party lines were still a thing, stereo did not exist, man had not escaped the bondage of earth, multiple wars, riots, protest, senseless mass murders, The president of the most powerful nation in the world assassinated, A president tells us he was not a crook and then it turns out he was, A Hollywood movie star becomes a president...(and not do too bad a job).., a president that thinks a blow job isn't sex...and of course our ever lovable tweeting Commander leading us down the path of final ruination powered by probably the greatest innovation of our lifetime the Big Brother internets and the Gates / Jobs / Wozniak thingamajiggy's that let us maneuver our way down the road to hell known as the world wide web....Brother the things we've seen...
My hands are quite unique, huge in fact for my size. If I had a buck for every time I was asked how in the world do you play the piano with those mits I'd be a wealthy man. My Mom told me a story of when I was a baby and she would hold me and look at those big ol hands and wonder what are these hands going to do..where are they going to take my precious son in this crazy world we are moving into.

So here we are in 2020 and I look at my grand kids hands in wonder...These kids are such a joy, so innocent, kind, smart ...how can I protect them from this evil world...Their parents will try, the wife n I will try but they are in for a crazy ride as they evolve into grown adults....There is so much bad going on. It breaks my heart that for them Covid-19 is their "President Kennedy has been assassinated" moment....

It was Socrates that started the youth of today will be the ruin of the world "perspective" and for 100's generations it has been reiterated...

He said....
“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

And so it goes....

They will be the ruination of society as we know it.....and maybe that's not such a bad thing..

I have to honestly admit that what is in store for them to me is both very scary and exciting. As artificial intelligence evolves God only knows...I watch them play their virtual games and just go damn that's a lot more interactive than sitting down with my Cheerios or Rice Krispies and watching the Mickey Mouse club....

Of course like any parent I only want them to live a long healthy life, be fulfilled, love and be loved and to leave this place a better place for them being here.

My Mom could have never dreamed what those hands she pondered about would do...what those eyes would see..For sure she was smarter than me so I surrender to the precept that what will come about in the next 50 years as my gene pool propagates is waaaay beyond my wildest imagination. I can only hope the best and do my best to equip them as best I can, while I can. So I invest the most valuable asset I have in them as best I can....Time

It saddens me when I think of my daughters as old ladies and the harsh reality that I will be long gone, just be a memory. I can't be there to take care of them, fix a door knob, dry a tear...give them a hug..It becomes even sadder when I think of all the times I won't be there for my grand kids...what I'll miss out on. They are my legacy entrusted to me by God as I understand him and so into God's hands I leave them.

We humans are resilient creatures...It is a crazy world and has always been...mans inhumanity to man is the dark side of the coin and it has been there since Nanook decided that Uba Gooba with the green teeth's wife was really hot so he killed Uba Gooba with a big rock, took his wife and made babies with her...We are Nanooks descendants :eek: We are the diaspora of conquerors, the strong one wins, the weak ones die...

I wrote this when I was 18...

It is inevitable that someday the earth will die
But if life from somewhere else should look down and wonder why
Let us leave no trace
That the cause of the death was the human race

I hope and pray that is the case...

Reactions: RFR
It's really quite interesting as we head off into the sunset years of our lives. What we thought we were going to do and what we end up doing are similar but quite different. Never dreamed with two daughters I'd end up with 6 grand kids....curve ball to "the plans" but totally awesomely worth the change of course...Gotta be honest even if it was only 1 grand kid our "plans" were permanently changed.. They own us...especially the wife. So where we end up living is pretty much contingent on where they live..( hadn't really looked at it at that angle back in the day)...perspective! Fortunately at least for now they are both close...But that stops us from doing the move down south ( part of the original plan ) example 2 ... I was always going to buy a Harley "someday".... when the time finally came where I was in a financial place I could.... it became way to clear that "at my age" and with the advent of the mobile phone and texting...twas just too risky...The cousin I had always thought I'd be taking rides with sold his and told me to not do it...he'd lost too many friends...dang perspectives they change... As my Pops said ...The more I know, the more I realize how little I know... ;)

One of the songs I wrote recently, was just this very theme, Transitions. The world has been and will always be, and we are always in, transition.

Reactions: TAE
Like you having grown up in a time when TV was a new thing, party lines were still a thing, stereo did not exist, man had not escaped the bondage of earth, multiple wars, riots, protest, senseless mass murders, The president of the most powerful nation in the world assassinated, A president tells us he was not a crook and then it turns out he was, A Hollywood movie star becomes a president...(and not do too bad a job).., a president that thinks a blow job isn't sex...and of course our ever lovable tweeting Commander leading us down the path of final ruination powered by probably the greatest innovation of our lifetime the Big Brother internets and the Gates / Jobs / Wozniak thingamajiggy's that let us maneuver our way down the road to hell known as the world wide web....Brother the things we've seen... .

You seem to be only focused on the news headline items of the passing years....but there was so much more to life than that.

TBH...up until my late 20's...all those headlines were just headlines...they didn't have much impact on me.
I also doubt that kids today will give COVID-19 a second thought 10 years from now. I know I never gave the Kennedy assassination more than that, because as a kid, all I remember is that TV viewing was all screwed up for a week after it happened.

I know every old generation thinks theirs was the best...and every young generation thinks theirs will be the best...
...but I don't believe that evolution automatically equals improvement. It may actually degrade more things than it helps.
You bring up interactive games...well, TBH, I don't think they can ever compare to the days when we were kids running around in the yards, building forts out of cardboard...letting our imaginations take us wherever we wanted. We were interacting with the world...today, kids (and many young adults) interact with a computer algorithm.

I come from a computer lifestyle...I spent the last 25 years immersed in computer technology, but it came at a time AFTER I experienced the pre-computer way of life. So it's much easier for me to look at both and compare.
Most of the younger generations today can't do that...they don't have those references. So this is a time when there is total technology immersion, and it's not doing us as much good as we think it is just because it provides convenience and easy access to mindless information on the internet super highway.
I think smart phones are going to end up smarter than the people using them...and when AI comes in full-tilt...it's going to be just a deeper hole that the human race digs into. Oh sure, like with all technology there is some value...but I think we've crossed a hard line in the last decade or two.

So looking back 30-40-50 years ago...we still had that pre-computer technology life, which TBH...even as a computer user and IT worker...I miss very much.
I think life was WAY more *interactive* then...than it is now. I can guarantee you that if we had COVID-19 back in the '70s-'80s even '90s...these shutdowns would NEVER have happened....because people wouldn't have had the convenience of spending two months in front of computers and smart phones....and what did we really gain by sitting home for two months...not much.
The virus has taken its toll, and it hasn't been stopped...and we simply destroyed out economy in the process and set back a lot of lives and lifestyles that will take at least 10 years to recover...some may never.
I hope everyone feels safe, though....

Well.......

No one ever thought....or said....that the stay at home orders would "stop" the virus. The idea was to keep as many people from dying as possible......by stretching out the length of impact......avoiding overwhelming hospitals.....and any possibility that anyone might die from lack of resources. Seems like that might have worked.

Our economy is not "destroyed". According to Trump.......it's going to come back bigger and better soon enough. Maybe it will. We'll all see right? I hope so.

Yup....lots of lives are probably set back. Some more than others for sure. Some not so much for sure. If you think no lives were saved by the shutdown........then it all seems like a stupid waste right? If you do think lives were saved by the shut down........then you are comparing setbacks to death.....and saying to yourself........well you can't recover from death.

To mock those who.....(and sadly....it's mocking).......(which is where this thread has gone)......wanted to be sure to do everything they could to keep themselves.......their kids.....their parents......and their friends and family......safe from something no one knew......or knows now.....enough about to say it's SAFE.......is strange......because nothing has proven it is safe. The evidence leans the other way I think. So.....yes.....to want to feel "safe" is not something that needs to be mocked.

So....I'll say it again. This thread is demoralizing..........and it's not mainly because of the subject. It's because of how all of us friends in here.....many friends for a long time.....can't resist taking cheap petty childish shots at each other. Go back through the posts if you don't believe me.

I've seen many threads ended for less. Somehow....this one survives......because why?

So...if you need to......it's ok......get mad at me for some reason.....or write hundreds of words twisting their way to some convenient conclusion.....without logic. Or.......pretend that you're not mad. Anger has been all over this thread.

Yes...I know this part of the forum is supposed to be about any subject. Let it rip right?

I'm just registering my thoughts......not my anger. I don't have any anger. Every person who has participated in this thread has helped me with my music at one time or another. Every one. My thanks to each of you. I have no reason to be angry.

So.....yes.....to want to feel "safe" is not something that needs to be mocked.

When pseudo-safety is practiced...yes, it deserves to be questioned and mocked if necessary, to bring back some reality.
It's been happening throughout the last two months...a variety of "rules" to give the appearance of added safety. Endless "safety" propaganda in the media...and plenty of money to be made from "staying safe".
Oh for sure...that deserves to be mocked.

Lots of people thought that staying home was about waiting for the virus to "pass"...or for a vaccine to save the day before coming back out.
I mean...in the areas that saw no significant spread...why else were people thinking they needed to stay inside...?
There was a lot of fear used to make people do, without them thinking too much about it.

Regardless what Trump is saying about the economy, and I think he's saying the right thing...that we will come back, because saying more crap to keep us in endless fear, is the wrong thing...the fact remains that the economic destruction is nationwide and pretty dramatic.
The problem is that only now some of those facts are starting to emerge...because most of the politicians in favor of shutdowns (and even endless shutdowns), didn't want everyone to consider that before the shutdowns started.

I mean...for the governments to tell the country...
"Oh, we need to shut down the economy, which will cause the highest unemployment in the history of the USA, many businesses completely collapsing, never to raise again, all kinds of supply shortages, and a substantial increase to our national debt which will have marginal effect on keeping the economy propped up....but yes, we will have some pseudo-safety to feel good about, and we will keep whatever we think is essential, open...and for those things, you can still go out and try to keep some normalcy going".
...yeah, that would have caused a hard pushback before the shutdowns were even implemented. Instead...certain states, certain governors who "took matters into their own hands", arbitrarily and quickly implemented shutdowns and population control while fanning the fear and panic.

Oh...and the real point I forgot to make, is that when you implement one kind of "safety", while at the same time initiating a wave of other destruction...
...THAT is what really makes it "pseudo-safety".

It's like worrying about catching malaria from mosquitoes...while getting dropped deep in the jungle and dealing with crocodiles and poisonous snakes.
"Does anyone have mosquito repellent, we need to stay safe".

I don’t see the demoralization in this thread. Yeah there’s been some bickering. That always happens.
But this is a highly volatile subject.

A disease, or more accurately, a viral infection, with wildly inaccurate projections based on computer models by someone with a history of false #s has literally shut the whole world down.

Suicides are up, domestic violence is up, unemployment is up. Businesses are closed. Many mom and pop shops closed for good, ungodly sums of money are bring created out of thin air, corporate giants are getting richer than ever, and private citizens are bring arrested and /or fined for the crime of trying to make a living.

Surveillance technology is being rolled out on a massive scale, some states have already started hiring and training people for their nazi like contact tracing programs.

It’s bad, very bad. Using the covid as an excuse, a technological police state is bring rolled out. The economy is being crashed, supply chains are bring broken.

Some of us are sounding the alarm bells to whomever will listen.

We are being conditioned to accept our new normal.

Oh...and the real point I forgot to make, is that when you implement one kind of "safety", while at the same time initiating a wave of other destruction...
...THAT is what really makes it "pseudo-safety".

It's like worrying about catching malaria from mosquitoes...while getting dropped deep in the jungle and dealing with crocodiles and poisonous snakes.
"Does anyone have mosquito repellent, we need to stay safe".

Hmmmmm...........you do realize that malaria kills about 440,000 a year..........snakes kill about 10,000 a year and crocs kill less than 2,000. So.......maybe the guy who wanted mosquito repellent to feel safe was onto something. Doesn’t sound much like pseudo safety to me.

So....only a dummy would not fear crocs and snakes......of course. But to mock someone for fearing malaria.......

Hmmmmm...........you do realize that malaria kills about 440,000 a year..........snakes kill about 10,000 a year and crocs kill less than 2,000. So.......maybe the guy who wanted mosquito repellent to feel safe was onto something. Doesn’t sound much like pseudo safety to me.

So....only a dummy would not fear crocs and snakes......of course. But to mock someone for fearing malaria.......

You miss the whole point...and take things too literally...but I'll explain...

It's not about NOT fearing malaria...the point was, that one would think about the crocs and snakes along WITH the malaria concerns.
IOW...if you get tossed into a pit full of snakes and crocs...would you still just worry about the potential malaria...?

Many of our governors who implemented shutdowns (some still want to keep things shut down) were/are mainly thinking about the virus...and not really thinking about the economic destruction these shutdowns would/are causing.
aka - "pseudo-safety"...very much worth mocking.
Worrying about one thing, and trying to implement some kind of safety for it while creating longlasting destruction for many other things, that will also cost lives.
No one was/is bothering to consider the numbers of the lasting destruction the shutdowns would have, and home many lives would be destroyed by them.

Oh...and don't get hung up comparing malaria number to other numbers as some kind of measure...it was just a simile, not a direct 1:1 comparison.

I'm just trying to understand what it is you are defending...?...that saving some lives at any cost shouldn't be questioned, no matter the fallout...???...especially when we have little direct proof that these shutdowns actually saved lives, or how many. There's just the assumption and appearance that they did..."pseudo-safety".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back