DAW Users With ADD

Click on the menus. Some good stuff....
Somehow I knew there would be catfish. I'm surprised there wasn't any crawfish. :rolleyes:

Actually I've had some of the best meals I've ever had in New Orleans. (Although I try and stay away from the catfish and crawfish.) :D

And the shrimp with their heads on are actually pretty good - once you get past the visual. Mucho beer seems to help. :cool:

It's raining!
Which beats the hell out of snow.I'm hoping to leave the shovel idle today.

you homos.
You build a hundred bridges and no one calls you a bridge builder.You suck one.....oh nevermind!:eek:

LATER!!!!

Computer problem
Well sort of,,,,
I'm getting a checksum error on start up which I only have to push F1 to get out of.I only get the error if I switch off the power conditioner which the computer is plugged into.When I boot with the error the clock reverts back to 8:00 a couple a days ago,possibly a system restore date.

Of course when I don't switch off the powerstrip all is fine.I'm thinking maybe it's the battery in the MOBO?I've been switching off the strip forever but only recently has this behavior started.:confused:

Computer problem
Well sort of,,,,
I'm getting a checksum error on start up which I only have to push F1 to get out of.I only get the error if I switch off the power conditioner which the computer is plugged into.When I boot with the error the clock reverts back to 8:00 a couple a days ago,possibly a system restore date.

Of course when I don't switch off the powerstrip all is fine.I'm thinking maybe it's the battery in the MOBO?I've been switching off the strip forever but only recently has this behavior started.:confused:

I was gonna suggest replacing the battery. Don't know if that's what's causing it, but it's a cheap fix. You can probably get one at Radio Shack.

It also could be a Power Supply or bad memory chip (or a billion other things that can go wrong with computers :) ). Try the battery first. If that doesn't work, I would try the power supply next. A power supply will cost around $40-$50. Obviously it would be good if you could pull one from another computer first, before you spend the money. Just make sure it has roughly the same power rating (or higher).

.Looking forward to shaking down Paul for dinner in a few months. Is that still on?:confused:

Almost...nearly :rolleyes: Actually, there are a couple of conflicting family events that might mean we have to take a short European vacation instead of a week in NY. We should know in a few weeks and will let you know.;)

Be stupid....
but don't hurt yourself or cost the company any money.

My boss is unhappy with me.The job today was a barn around a half mile off the road.There was a path to the barn but it as all ice and being covered with drifting snow.We got almost all the way to the barn and got stuck.We spent two hours trying to get unstuck until a guy with 4wd and duals in the back pulled us out.It was still snowing and blowing so I called off the job because I wanted to get out of that field while the getting was good,not to mention the fact the barn was filled with ice and snow(not that that matters to my boss).If you call off a job without giving it a try you're a pussy,if you waste a half a day on as job you should of called off you're a dummy.

There's nothing going on at work right now,I'd probably be getting laid off if it weren't for the top guy needing two months off to get his knee worked on.I guess someone else's misfortune is my good fortune.

Wine list
It's all the same wine but with different labels.:p
I didn't realize the amount of decision making it takes to get drunk.It should really be easier than that.

I use more wine for cooking than I do for drinking,it's not even close.I may have had 1 or 2 glasses this year.

LATER!!!

Talking of wine, I am posting this from a very sunny Versailles south of Paris, France after a very pleasant night last night in an extremely nice restaurant with a good selection of wines and Brandy.

Its a tough job but someone has to do it;)

:D

Back home tonight :)

You do realize you have to spend more than $2.99 a bottle, right? :rolleyes:

Of course,that's what the restaurants pay for it,they've got to make a profit.

I am posting this from a very sunny Versailles south of Paris, France after a very pleasant night last night in an extremely nice restaurant with a good selection of wines and Brandy.
Don't the McDonalds in France serve wine?

Today
I worked at a gas station that pumped gas for the customers.I can't remember the last time I've seen that.

LATER!!!!

Today
I worked at a gas station that pumped gas for the customers.I can't remember the last time I've seen that.
You need to come to NJ. By law, there is no self-serve gas here. Quite nice when it's pouring rain, or 15 degrees outside. :cool: :cool:

Oh, and did I mention we also have the cheapest gas prices in the nation. :)

You need to come to NJ. By law, there is no self-serve gas here. Quite nice when it's pouring rain, or 15 degrees outside. :cool: :cool:

Oh, and did I mention we also have the cheapest gas prices in the nation. :)
What aren't NJers competent enough to pump their own gas?:confused:I'm curious as to the logic behind that law.I'm thinking you probably have to wait longer to get gassed up.

Do they check the oil and wash the windows?

We have high gas prices mainly because of the tax.We have high taxes in Wisconsin period.:mad:

I'm curious as to the logic behind that law.I'm thinking you probably have to wait longer to get gassed up.

Do they check the oil and wash the windows?
I'm not sure of the logic. I suspect it has to do with unions and labor issues (although the attendants are not unionized). The oil companies have been trying to fight it for years.

No, we don't wait any longer - unless the station is very busy. Since they have to pump everybody, there are typically attendants right at the pumps.

AFAIK they will check the oil for you if you ask them - at least they used to. I haven't driven a car that burns oil in a long time, so I'm not sure what the protocol is these days.

AFAIK they will check the oil for you if you ask them - at least they used to. I haven't driven a car that burns oil in a long time, so I'm not sure what the protocol is these days.

I don't know if I would trust an attendent to check my oil.:eek:
Oh and BTW I don't know that I ever had an oil burning car,but I did once have a Dodge Maxivan that had a leak in the bottom of the gas tank.I always carried a gas can and put in a little each time I'd go somewhere.It was so ratty my wife(girlfriend at the time)never liked driving in it and we'd take her car all the time.To this day she reminds me about how she had to "cart my ass around"all the time.

Off again
My boy is sick and the wife has got work today,Seeing as we're slow at work AND the high today is going to be 9:( I'm going to take one for the home team.

Maybe I'll get something done for a change.

LATER!

Oh and BTW I don't know that I ever had an oil burning car,
IN my younger days I drove one that took a quart or two of oil everytime I got gas. :o :o

It was a stick on the column, and after awhile it lost first gear. So I had to start out from a dead stop in second. Then it lost second gear and I had to start from third. :eek: It was like riding the bull at Gilleys until you hit about 15 mph. :D

IN my younger days I drove one that took a quart or two of oil everytime I got gas. :o :o

Did it have a crank in the front to start it?I was under the impression that horses were the main mode of transportation when you were younger.

Now I'm sick
There's something going around and not only does my whole family have it,everybody at work and school does too.:(

LATER!!!!

They pump your gas in Oregon also...something to do with someone getting blown up at a pump once...they don't trust idiots that can drive there...:D

Hope you get to feeling better Guy...

They pump your gas in Oregon also...something to do with someone getting blown up at a pump once...they don't trust idiots that can drive there...:D

Hope you get to feeling better Guy...

Filling up with gas is a real drag. As for oil, this is done at the service and not in between ;) I love driving nice cars, hate doing anything with them:o

Hope all the family sickness gets better, Guy. Since our kids left school we are all healthier.:)

Back