Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Emu 1820m Dock Repair..?

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by snatchman View Post
    Hello..One more attempt.......I had a tech try and solder/resolder the jack to see if there was something there that may have cause this intermediate signal..He did as well, as put in caps also..He's s good tech( basically analog tho ')...When I plugged the EDI cable back in to power up the Dock, Nothing..!..The Dock is dead..What do you think went wrong here..?..As the tech farstated he is an analog tech as he design/build analog gear and we thought hey, it's a thru hole jack same as the caps, why not..Is this considered a digital component and what would be different about this jack installation wise, if so..?..Also, anyone up here can install this style jack as I have the unit taken apart down to the pcb board itself so no disassembly will be required..Thanks..!
    Any competent repair tech can re-solder an RJ45. "Analogue" or "digital" makes no diff. I suspect the jack is buggered. Get a lamp on it and see if the 8 pins are all level. Every PC has an Ethernet port so you can easily compare. Post a picky?

If it looks knackered, it should easily be within the capabilities of anyone handy with soldering PCBs to change it.

Dave.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    Any competent repair tech can re-solder an RJ45. "Analogue" or "digital" makes no diff. I suspect the jack is buggered. Get a lamp on it and see if the 8 pins are all level. Every PC has an Ethernet port so you can easily compare. Post a picky?

If it looks knackered, it should easily be within the capabilities of anyone handy with soldering PCBs to change it.

Dave.
    Thanks for the reply..Yeah as I figured..Question: Before I go the solder/ new jack route, do you think it may be the drivers..?..I mean I took the unit apart and put it back together before but I didn't have to re-install drivers to get it to light up even though it didn't work correctly..This time nothing lights up on the Dock..In Patch Mix,the screen shows up fine except the analog input channels ,it red out..Also, it reads " insuffient hardware to load up,etc."...I guess because the Dock is not on, huh..?..Thanks..

Thread Information