And today's American mass shooting....

Oh yes of course... but... um...
Isn't that like asking to license gun owners, but worse?
no, you will be smarter. You can have all the guns you want because you will be smart enough not to shoot anyone.
It will be like the Borg, get with the program.

Last edited:
"Kirkland was arrested around midnight on May 13 and charged with manslaughter and aggravated battery. He was briefly held on a $40,000 bail.
Lake County Sheriff’s Office representative confirmed that Kirkland was released on bond and was still permitted to carry a firearm until he is convicted."
Made me laugh.
and whats up with until he is convicted? Sounds like it has already been decided.

Last edited:
How many "mass shootings" (as defined by the people who make those definitions) have happened in the US since the one in Allen, TX which this thread was started about?

Looks like about 27 - according to this list.

It's crazy how hard it is to make people understand those points, let alone drive them home in any kind of debate no matter how intelligent!
Media manipulation runs deep.

Also we’ve turned into a world of lazy cowards. We outsource everything. Our manufacturing, our food, our self defense, etc.

Some places defending yourself is illegal , or is almost illegal. You shoot someone breaking into your home, YOU go to jail. A cop shoots someone.....nothing happens.

But ironically, with all this ‘guns are bad’ rhetoric, when the shit hits the fan, what do we do? Dial 911. Get the authorities to send out a man with a gun. Hope they get there in time.

Last edited:
I know it's off topic, sorry...

I was driving today, homeward bound to take the dog to the vet for nail trimming, round the corner on sort of a country road, and there I see state troopers. Didn't take long to realize what they were doing. My turn I pull up. "Driver's license, please." What's this all about, I says. "Checking licenses." What for, what's the purpose of this, I says. "Anything illegal", he says. That fucking guy got an ear full. Fishing, I says. If you want to fish for something illegal go out on the highway there where they're doing 80 in a 60 mph zone all day long. You're out here fishing, casting a wide net including people who obey the law, harassing law abiding citizens. By all means if you see something illegal take action and do what you will. But you got 4 state troopers out here on the state payroll harrassing law abiding citizens. This is a free country and I shouldn't have to deal with this shit.

Sure, driving on state highways is considered a "privilege". But that's messed up, law abiding citizens being harassed and prevented from being free to go their way because some people might be breaking the law.

I don't know, maybe it's not so off topic.

Ron Paul, one of the few honest politicians we’ve had.

His views on the topic. (Short clip)

Is there a video where he explains this?

I know it's off topic, sorry...

I was driving today, homeward bound to take the dog to the vet for nail trimming, round the corner on sort of a country road, and there I see state troopers. Didn't take long to realize what they were doing. My turn I pull up. "Driver's license, please." What's this all about, I says. "Checking licenses." What for, what's the purpose of this, I says. "Anything illegal", he says. That fucking guy got an ear full. Fishing, I says. If you want to fish for something illegal go out on the highway there where they're doing 80 in a 60 mph zone all day long. You're out here fishing, casting a wide net including people who obey the law, harassing law abiding citizens. By all means if you see something illegal take action and do what you will. But you got 4 state troopers out here on the state payroll harrassing law abiding citizens. This is a free country and I shouldn't have to deal with this shit.

Sure, driving on state highways is considered a "privilege". But that's messed up, law abiding citizens being harassed and prevented from being free to go their way because some people might be breaking the law.

I don't know, maybe it's not so off topic.
Unconstitutional in my opinion. No probable cause to stop you. Unreasonable search and seizure.

Training the people for a police state. (imho)

Is there a video where he explains this?

The site at your link doesn't explain or support the claim it makes - the author makes claims without burdening themselves with citing any specific studies, breaking down who the perpetrators were or any other details of these alleged "mass shootings" - smells like liberal propaganda. How many of these "mass shootings" that they provide no details about were gang beefs committed by prohibited possessors using stolen weapons?

It asserts cause/effect based on only one year again with no valid info to back it up.

A site they provide a link to, supposedly to reinforce their point posts these emphasized points:

“The biggest problem that I have with (permitless carry) is that there is no trainer. So someone that has never picked up a firearm can go purchase one and begin to carry with absolutely no experience of safety or shooting that firearm. Which makes them more of the problem on the streets than making the streets safer.”

Citing an unnamed "law enforcement officer in West Virginia".

They also state:

"Participants with lower levels of firearm training and experience performed worse than those with higher levels of training; many accidentally “shot” innocent bystanders or unarmed people."

Without making it clear they're talking about training scenarios where one goes through a course that's meant for police training unlike what a civilian engaging in self-defense is ever likely to encounter - nor for that matter is anyone outside of a scene in a Dirty Harry movie likely to encounter. If some clown breaks into your house in the middle of the night it's safe to assume they're up to no good.

Further neither of these has anything to do with mass shootings.

Then there's this laughable statement:

Concealed carry permitting systems ensure that only responsible gun owners can carry concealed handguns in public.

Lol - I'm sure all the carjackers, gangbangers, MS-13, armed robbers etc. all go through safe firearms training - they want to be responsible criminals. :ROFLMAO:

Sure - it's a very good idea to get training and spend time at the range on a regular basis but liberal propaganda divorced from truth and reality is of no benefit to anyone.

But of course truth and reality rarely supports the favored liberal narrative.

Last edited:
Unconstitutional in my opinion. No probable cause to stop you. Unreasonable search and seizure.

Training the people for a police state. (imho)

Yes.

I mean, it's not a new thing. But it's been years since I drove through one. Mostly sobriety checks. But I've never said anything, objected, verbally. In my view it's based on an assumption one could be or is in violation of the law rather than the assumption of innocence we have as a right in this land of the free from being shaken down as we make our way. But also,....also, it's based on some fucked up notion that because there may be criminals among us the law abiding must accept having certain rights curtailed or out right thrown to the winds of non existence. If I am not in violation of the law, leave me the fuck alone. Don't shake down everyone on the off chance there's someone in violation of the law in the mix. Damn sure seems unconstitutional to me.

brassplyer said:
But of course truth and reality rarely supports the favored liberal narrative.
And there it is again...
Substituting "liberal" for logical.
Do tell. So you think -

"But of course truth and reality rarely supports the favored logical narrative."

makes sense?

You should try applying thought to what you say - I know, doing so doesn't come naturally to you.

Do tell. So you think -

"But of course truth and reality rarely supports the favored logical narrative."

makes sense?

You should try applying thought to what you say - I know, doing so doesn't come naturally to you.

With all the harm liberal policies and thought processes are causing not only the US, but the world, it defies logic to continue that course. But you must understand, many of those cheerleading the downfall are not liberals, they're super duper down the middle centrists, dontchaknow.

Yeah, logic is becoming increasingly in short supply. That's the unfortunate reality.

It’s ok. I got it all figured out. At least for Chicago killings.

I was listening to some tunes. And it hit me. Jesus just left Chicago

That’s why it went to shit :)

And yes I joke. But maybe not such a far stretch. Seems where moral standards have gone to shit, killings increase.

Back