And today's American mass shooting....

brassplyer said:
Hey, he knows that standard laminated window glass will stop a 9mm. :ROFLMAO:
Still not answering questions?

By the way, I was just guessing at the time about the Sandy Hook glass based on things I happen to know from work etc, but there is a Reddit thread discussing Lanza having done research on best way to shoot out the glass. Links to more detail in the thread. There’s clearly a difference in the time and rounds it would take to shoot out typical glass in a school. So maybe you should fuck off already.

Lol - there's no point in answering your questions - your brain just immediately spits out manure. In an ironic display of this you're presenting a random Reddit thread as "proof".

It'll go through cast iron but non-ballistic window glass will present an obstacle, sure thing. (y)

You made an utterly ignorant point and are digging in your heels, determined to die on that hill and have absolutely no awareness of how stupid you sound.

:ROFLMAO:

Nice.... all the gun related stories in the news to create outrage.

But almost zero news stories of all the kids who committed suicide during the covid lockdowns . Oh no, cant publish those . Covid lockdowns good.

Almost zero news stories of vaccine injuries and deaths. And to add insult to injury people’s stories were censored, Facebook accounts taken down, twitter accounts deleted, etc.
Can’t let those truths out, might cause vaccine hesitancy.

But gun stories. We HAVE to publish those.
We care about the kids. I say bullshit they don’t care about kids, just their agendas.

Hey, we can only hope the adjuster is a reasonable sort and insurance'll cover the cost of all that broken glass and cookware.

• Haha
Reactions: RFR
Lol - there's no point in answering your questions - your brain just immediately spits out manure. In an ironic display of this you're presenting a random Reddit thread as "proof".

It'll go through cast iron but non-ballistic window glass will present an obstacle, sure thing. (y)

You made an utterly ignorant point and are digging in your heels, determined to die on that hill and have absolutely no awareness of how stupid you sound.

Most folks here, even if we disagree, do so in good faith. You’re just a douche for the sake of being a douche. Didn’t engage in anything worthwhile, you act like a 2 year old. Done with you.

Nice.... all the gun related stories in the news to create outrage.

But almost zero news stories of all the kids who committed suicide during the covid lockdowns . Oh no, cant publish those . Covid lockdowns good.

Almost zero news stories of vaccine injuries and deaths. And to add insult to injury people’s stories were censored, Facebook accounts taken down, twitter accounts deleted, etc.
Can’t let those truths out, might cause vaccine hesitancy.

But gun stories. We HAVE to publish those.
We care about the kids. I say bullshit they don’t care about kids, just their agendas.
Make a thread about Covid suicides.
That's not this thread.

Thought you cared about the kids Dave. But not all of them??
C,mon man...
We both know we care about kids.
Was just trying to stay on topic.
You got kids?
I do, and I hope/wish/desire/pray/will do anything I can to help prevent them from getting gunned down, or harmed in any way.
You are the same, in similar ways.

brassplyer said:

Most folks here, even if we disagree, do so in good faith. You’re just a douche for the sake of being a douche. Didn’t engage in anything worthwhile, you act like a 2 year old. Done with you.
My not coddling you when you talk crap isn't being a douche - it's you experiencing cognitive dissonance in the face of reality that contradicts your narrative. It's how everyone who talks like you is - narrative over truth, every time. Why don't you carry on some more about how I don't care about dead kids as an act of "good faith".

You're not done you never got started. :ROFLMAO:

What is it that you will do to assist in stopping or lessening the slaughter?
There must be something.
Fire all school superintendents like Robert Runcie who enact asinine policies that are about fudging numbers for politically correct appearances rather than changing behavior or ensuring a safer school environment.

Put armed faculty in place.

I'll never get a deranged kid into firearms.

C,mon man...
We both know we care about kids.
Was just trying to stay on topic.
You got kids?
I do, and I hope/wish/desire/pray/will do anything I can to help prevent them from getting gunned down, or harmed in any way.
You are the same, in similar ways.
Yup, I’m a father. And no right minded father wants any harm to come to his offspring.

I’m just pointing out some of the media hypocrisy. They’ll put the focus on the agenda at hand.
They’re selective in creating the outrage they want and they’ll ignore other points.

I’ve seen the pain of someone losing a child. Not my own, but the children of people close to me. Not by gun violence but by drunk driver accidents. I’ve closely known quite a few even in my extended family (dead sister in law)
It’s deep and long lasting, and I’ve heard it said that you never get over it. You only get used to it. I can only imagine how it would affect me.

And these drunk driving deaths occur even despite the strictness of drunk driving laws we have in place.

I know of many traffic accident deaths with alcohol involved, or just accidents. That has touched close to home.
But I’ve never in my whole life known of anyone I’ve been in contact with lose a child to gun violence. Yet all the focus in the media is on that. Not saying these events don’t happen, but they haven’t been as common as vehicular accident deaths.

For parents , a death is a tragedy. For the government it’s a statistic to be used in forwarding an agenda.

We’ve all heard the assault weapon narrative . Joe Biden has had a hard on for the AR 15 for a long time. He was instrumental in the Clinton crime bill, the Assault Weapons ban, the Patriot act.
Then the ban was lifted. He wants it back. He’s been quite vocal for a long time about getting rid of AR15s. Period.

So, since his Presidency there’s been massive media attention on shootings, while other reasons for the premature mortality of kids are ignored.

And personally as a father, in a situation where I had to defend my home, I’d rather have an AR15 than a handgun.

Last edited:
Armed cops at schools, who are full time and trained to stop bad guys, have failed to stop shooters. Even when things go perfectly, the shooter may still make several casualties before the cop gets him. A teacher already has a full time job. You can arm them if they accept that responsibility, but there’s no reason to think it will solve the issue, plus you then need to consider the potential amount of accidental discharges, students stealing weapons off teachers, or students overpowering teachers. It also does nothing to stop all the other shootings at malls, nightclubs, places of employment, or just in the street.

brassplyer said:
Armed cops at schools, who are full time and trained to stop bad guys, have failed to stop shooters. Even when things go perfectly, the shooter may still make several casualties before the cop gets him. A teacher already has a full time job. You can arm them if they accept that responsibility, but there’s no reason to think it will solve the issue, plus you then need to consider the potential amount of accidental discharges, students stealing weapons off teachers, or students overpowering teachers. It also does nothing to stop all the other shootings at malls, nightclubs, places of employment, or just in the street.
As tragic as they are, the starting point is that statistically school shootings remain extremely rare events. Yes, at this very moment you're winding up with a big breath to make a wild-eyed contradiction to this because you buy into the amount of publicity they get in comparison to their actual (tiny) prominence in the world of crime and way kids die but in the overall scheme of things they're extremely rare. There's a very long list of ways a kid is far more likely to be hurt or killed than due to a school shooting.

Some of what I mentioned previously would help mitigate the number of such incidents - don't adopt stupid politically correct policies, people around the shooter not being unaware idiots. The Columbine shooters stored weapons in their room, their parents had no idea.

On the rare occasions when they do occur you may not reduce the death or injury toll to -0- but prominent among the various reasons police are rarely much of a factor in school shootings is the amount of time it takes them to respond when a fast response is the most crucial factor, proximity to and awareness of the shooter. Once police arrive on a campus they're not familiar with they still have to figure out where the shooter is and get in proximity to them, that's if the shooter is still even active. No one is closer to the shooter and has more immediate awareness of the situation than faculty who are on location. It's entirely possible those on scene could neutralize or contain the shooter before police are even made aware of it.

Columbine was supposedly the event that changed how police would respond to school shooting incidents which proved to be a load of crap. A large force of police arrived, stood around in the parking lot and refused to go into the building where the shooters were, instead waiting for a SWAT team to arrive, or at least that's what they claimed - IMO they waited for the shooters to run out of steam and eventually kill themselves which they did. The SWAT team did eventually arrive, yet never went into the building until long after the shooting had stopped. The only cop who saw the shooters alive was a campus cop who had a brief exchange of gunfire from a long distance, didn't hit either gunman. They retreated into the building to continue their rampage, police never entered the building until long after they and a number of students and faculty were dead.

At Parkland the SRO Deputy that was there refused to go into the building where the shooting was taking place and gave radio instructions that only hindered police who arrived. The shooter escaped undetected with police on location, was only captured later when spotted by luck walking down the street.

Obviously no one would be compelled to carry and there should be psych evals and training and there are no guarantees as to how things would go down but to date the only legal option teachers and faculty have had has been to be sitting ducks which is really stupid. To date 100% of all school shootings have been on so-called "Gun Free Zone" campuses.

It has nothing to do with making teachers into cops - just from a standpoint of self-preservation it's rational that one would want the option of being able to defend themselves and shoot back rather than be a sitting duck and watch as students are shot and the shooter brings their attention to you. I would want to be armed in a school setting for the same reason I currently carry anywhere I'm legally allowed to. If someone doesn't think they have it in them to step up if it were ever necessary they shouldn't be carrying anywhere.

I guarantee a better news story than:

"Slain teacher who shielded students from gunman is remembered as a hero"

Would be:

"See our exclusive interview with the hero teacher who stopped school shooter".

Your notion of things has a 100% failure rate. 100%.

To date the number of shootings, injuries or fatalities on campuses with armed faculty is -0-. Zero. I realize until this moment you had no awareness that there *are* such campuses. To date there have been -0- incidents of students stealing firearms or accidental discharges.

iu

iu

iu

Last edited:
Back