• Don't Know

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • "Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn."

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I am not a believer.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Ah, that old chestnut.
But from things you have said over the years, you agree with much of what is contained in "the bible."
You need to be a bit more specific which bits you think are a joke. I'm not going to disagree with you because it's your opinion and you might find much of its content a joke. But it's hard to grasp exactly what you are saying when you take 66 {or 73 if you're Catholic} different documents and call it one thing. It's a bit like saying "The Rolling Stones are a joke." Fair enough, but which album ? Which single ? Which era ? All of it ? Is the entirety of their career a joke ?
Oh boy.

Again, don't tell me what to do. Just mind your own business and fuck off YOU, stupid animal.
Ok, then let's try to force everyone together to not talk about religion or the bible in a thread vaguely related to religion and the bible. We can be a team. And why limit it to this thread. Wanna go into the Analog forum and tell everyone that tapes are dumb? I'm down. Let's do this!

If someone here is harshing your mellow, annoying you to a point where you find yourself becoming an asshole, there's really no need to get all postal n shit...there's this feature here where you just click on the user name of the person that is giving you a red ass and click ignore...then you won't be seeing that persons post...kind of simple.

That trouble making nogooder as the OP ask "R U going to heaven?"
He knew this would be a fun one and it hasn't disappointed ...

Heaven is a concept that is derived from many different religious beliefs. Belief or lack thereof of any particular religion would seem to be part and parcel to this discussion...Least that's how I see it....but then again I'm blind as I could be.

Again, don't tell me what to do. Just mind your own business and fuck off YOU, stupid animal.
Good grief! EZ told you to fuck off, explaining why it is he is interested to read the Bible again with the additional information he has learned about Greek translations of The Bible.

Yelling at each other with profanity laced comments kinda sucks. I'm just saying.

Hell is also a concept.

Who knows who is right or who is wrong.
We live in a dream within a dream...speaking of dreams .....I had one about 45 years ago where I was in this white room with a white piano and John Lennon dressed in white jamming on it. Similar to the room in this video but different. John was ripping off blues riff the likes of which He was totally incapable of doing in real life. I mean ripping fast riffs. I was standing to the right of him looking down at his hands playing. In my head I knew this was not real but was tripping because I was able to watch his fingers do these riffs and realized that for eternity they would be in my subconscious and hopefully I could tap into them at some level.

Last edited:
Good grief! EZ told you to fuck off, explaining why it is he is interested to read the Bible again with the additional information he has learned about Greek translations of The Bible.

Yelling at each other with profanity laced comments kinda sucks. I'm just saying.
Sure. why can't I act as an idiot and yell to another idiot?

A lot of us feel like we have rejected the idea of a god because the religious ideas of a god are unsatisfying and unsavory.

Heaven is our default state. Where we're from and where we return. Is it boring? No.

Language is confused and confusing. Words are clumsy. The word tree and the tree I know because it's there and I can touch it show me that. What kind of tree, how big, what's the bark like and still can't hug the tree in language only. Is heaven a place? Yes and no, due to the confusion of language.

Thank you dogooder. I used to listen to the furs and even saw them at the agora in maybe 1982. It never occurred to me back then that they were all about spirituality. I just liked the sound and feel of the band. I got the hits cd for the blast from the past and was amazed at what I had missed.

Strange news: in Bible times there were no jews and no Jesus. It wasn't possible because there was no letter j or hard j sound in any language in those times.

The j words were invented in the 1700's and in my opinion were a reaction by the publishers to the English translations of the Bible to keep the true names out of our mouths.

There was no Jezebel. Isabel perhaps. There was no z sound either so the Jesus name has the consonants all wrong. What was he called in the 1611 King James Bible? Iefuf. I shit you not.

What I saw years ago was a photo of an open 1611 kjv which contained Olde English.

I just Google and found this... passage of John 3 from the 1611: (a hint - "s" was shaped like "f," "u" and "v" were frequently interchanged and there was no "J") 10 Iefuf anfwered, and ...

Clicking on the link leads to suspended account.

Strange news: in Bible times there were no jews and no Jesus. It wasn't possible because there was no letter j or hard j sound in any language in those times
If that's a roundabout way of saying that the names found in the early English translations of the Bible are Anglicized names, then yeah. If Jesus, John and Peter were walking past you today and you called out "Hey John ! Jesus ! Peter ! Over here !!" they'd likely walk past you. If however, you called out to Yeshua, Yochanan and Shim'on they'd probably look your way. And Shim'on could just as easily have been nicknamed "Rocky" in English translations after 1976 because Peter was kind of a nickname and is the Anglicized version of the Greek Petra, which means 'rock'.
There'd be no Mary and Joseph in school nativity plays, but Miryam and Yosef, there'd be no distinction between Judas Iscariot, Judah, the son of Jacob {from which we get the variant "Jew" and "Jews"} and the letter writer Jude ~ they all have the same name, Y'hudah.
James is Ya'akov {in Spanish, it's Tiago, hence Santiago ~ St james}, Job is Iyov, and Jeremiah is Yirmeyahu.
The j words were invented in the 1700's and in my opinion were a reaction by the publishers to the English translations of the Bible to keep the true names out of our mouths
I'm not sure what would have been gained by keeping "the true names out of our mouths" but in some ways, English has been the worst language to put the Bible into. But I mean that from the point of view that the English-speaking world {namely England and America} has co-opted and house-trained all things Biblical and at one time or another or in one way or another stripped the documents of the Bible of so much original context and meaning. For example, Moses wouldn't cross the Red Sea, Moshe would cross the Yam Suph, the Sea of Reeds. Or we'd see that though there is God the Father and Jesus was obviously a bloke, the grammatic gender of the Holy Spirit in Hebrew is feminine {though neutral in Greek}.
A Welshman I knew used to say "God is not an Englishman !"
There was no Jezebel. Isabel perhaps. There was no z sound either so the Jesus name has the consonants all wrong. What was he called in the 1611 King James Bible? Iefuf. I shit you not.
I bought and started using a Bible called the Complete Jewish Bible back in 1998. It's a translation by a guy called David Stern and he very consciously and deliberately gave it a heavily Jewish/Messianic slant, utilizing original Jewish names of people, books and places and also words. So rather than use the word 'disciple', he uses 'Talmidim' and things like that. His order of the OT is the actual Jewish order rather than the Anglicized version that you'll find in every translation, there are less OT books because the cases of a 1st and 2nd something or other {Samuel, Kings and Chronicles} render those books as one rather than 2 volumes and the way the books are named is interesting because instead of something like 'Genesis', he uses 'B'resheet' which means "In the beginning" which is the way the book begins. It takes a bit of getting used to if you're familiar with the English versions, but it soon becomes de rigeur. I use it in conjunction with other versions and I wouldn't swap it for anything.

Verse 25 upper left says iefus so a little different here. Apparently the f is called a long s.
What you are calling 'i' is actually an Olde English 'J'. The capital I and J look very similar but they're not the same. Look at 'Juda', 'Judea', 'Joseph', 'Jewes', and 'Jeremie' and compare them with 'I', 'In' and 'Israel'.

Sure but there was no j in 1611 English. It does look like a j.

I was reading a study Bible decades ago and there was a little number by the name Jesus so I looked at the bottom of the page and it said its the same name as the old testament Joshua. That amazed me so I later looked it up and Jesus is a transliteration from Hebrew or Aramaic to Greek to Latin to English and Joshua is a direct phonetic translation? Can't be as there was no j in Bible times. Soften the j and get Yoshua or Yahshua. Some prefer Yeshua but it means Yahweh is salvation so since we use Yahweh instead of Yeweh I favored Yahshua. Accent is on 2nd syllable.

I told Pastor Bobbin about and he said yeah but it doesn't matter what we call him so I said ok let's call him Baalzebub. Didn't go over too well.

Back