Who Falls

For a laid back tune, this one was a struggle. For a split screen collab, how do you ensure they're synched? Is there a way any better than 'watch, listen, and nudge'?

Very catchy. Nice harmonies. Not sure if everything was recorded very hot, or it's overcompressed. It's just a little in your face for this particular song.

Guitar lead is catchy too. I like it. :thumbs up:

It was recorded at relaxed levels, and nothing's compressed much, let alone overcompressed. I don't like compression much - I don't like the way it makes things sound. There's significant parallel compression going on, though. I love how that works. Maybe that's what you're hearing.

Muy Bueno Sir Doby! I think the split screen is pretty close n cool...Love the levels and the tone....great job brutha!

Muy Bueno Sir Doby! I think the split screen is pretty close n cool...Love the levels and the tone....great job brutha!
Thanks very much. Yeah, as soon as it occurred to me that I didn't have to fill the whole space with video, it freed things up, and speeded things up.

I like this song as well, a fine collaboration (y).
Piddle - you edited out the longer response. I listened to your tweaked track on the tablet, and I liked it, but I wanted a better listen through the monitors and the cans today. Do you still have it? Can you send it to me?

And yes, I think you're right about the vocal level - I think I fooled myself again. (But I won't get fooled again, no sir.) I was glad you didn't think the solo guitar was too loud, because I made it louder than my first inclinations. I heard a guitars-bass-drums mix here from one of our regulars that had a way loud guitar solo and I said 'Isn't it too loud?' and he (and others) said 'I like it that way'. So I thought I'd try that approach. I really like Tjarko's solo, so I wanted it to stand proud of the rest of the mix. I'm glad I didn't overdo it.

I was glad you didn't think the solo guitar was too loud, because I made it louder than my first inclinations. I heard a guitars-bass-drums mix here from one of our regulars that had a way loud guitar solo and I said 'Isn't it too loud?' and he (and others) said 'I like it that way'. So I thought I'd try that approach. I really like Tjarko's solo, so I wanted it to stand proud of the rest of the mix. I'm glad I didn't overdo it.

We live, we learn! Overall I thought the levels were pretty good with no real big issues.

Again, nice work by you both.

Last edited:
Less dark overall, I thought. And the reverb. That gives me ideas for the next one. Thanks very much!

Tjarko adds his magic! We've not spoken much since he left Facebook.

His vox need to come up slightly more.

Love the vid in vid concept. I didn't know he was into doing that now.

This actually could be slightly more squashed for evenness. It's almost a little "too" unpolished. I'd also likely clear the middle a little more.

Tell T I said "Hello" and send my best!

Kev! :love: Good to see you here. Hope you're doing ok!

And thanks! I'm only doing the vid thing cuz Dooberoonie asked me kindly. :giggle:

Kev! :love: Good to see you here. Hope you're doing ok!

And thanks! I'm only doing the vid thing cuz Dooberoonie asked me kindly. :giggle:
All is well, bud! I had a slight setback in July w/ a heart attack, but I bounced well and it was back to normal as of the checkup a couple weeks ago. I'm still working on things regularly. :D

Back