New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash. Okay, I'm not. My names Tony. I used to be in a band many years ago. I love music and love recording, whether it's with others, or laying down a vocal cover, or guitar noise for my own amusement.

I've attached an MP3 of an original song recorded live with my old band 'Tantrum' at a bar on Halloween Night back in '97. We came up with this song during a "combustion jam" at practice a week before the Halloween gig.

I didn't even have any lyrics written for it yet, and sang it totally different on that night (mush mouthed it) than I did the two times we played at practice. Good times.
Welcome man! You got some balls there!

Hi -new here - I am from the UK and have been recording using Cakewalk since 1994 and although I have used Zoom effects its my first time with a Zoom recorder. Am hoping to get some good advice from the members here. I will continue to use my software DAW but the R8 will allow me to record ideas as well as some tracks that i can then copy into my DAW.
Welcome to the forum! Many of us here can give advice and also learn from you.
Just try to stay out of politics in Prime Time forum, and focus on your music.... LOL

Hi, I'm a new guy from Prescott, AZ. I'm a 70 year-old amateur musician/retired lawman who is a dinosaur in the gear department. (I'm still on a Tascam 2488NEO, but I like it for the kind of stuff I do.)

Oldies R&R, 40's big band, and jazz standards are my favorite genres. My arsenal consists of keyboards, guitars, trumpets and a variety of other noise-making devices. And, I play in several small combos and a 16-piece college big band.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to picking up ideas and suggestions from the forum, as well as, connecting with new friends. So, be prepared for a lot of dumb questions from me as I try to improve my recording skills.
Hi Bird man and welcome. Where you have a group of 'seasoned' musicians it is often easiest to record them with a hand-help recorder such as the Tascam DR-07X. I bought one for my son who is in two bands in France and plays classical guitar as well as electric.
Very useful if you can beg, borrow or **** a camera tripod with a QR shoe.

Correction: It is a Tascam DR-40X. 4 track recording, bargain at the moment.

Dave.

Last edited:
Not been here for a while but planning on getting back into home recording my guitars and 5 string banjo's

Set up

iMac
Hyper V Mic
UR242 Interface
SE 2200A Mic
Garageband
Quicktime
Loopback Audio

Not been here for a while but planning on getting back into home recording my guitars and 5 string banjo's

Set up

iMac
Hyper V Mic
UR242 Interface
SE 2200A Mic
Garageband
Quicktime
Loopback Audio
Can't help ya much directly with your system as I am a Cubase/PC guy, but welcome back!

8-)

Welcome NickO!
I’ve got more Zoom R20 issues than I can count. I’m going to list a couple in case you’re ever in a mood to assist!
1. Why does it stop recording at 45 minutes when recording band practice giving me a region full message?
2. If I have 10 songs recorded in one of these 45 segments, how can I get one out of the middle to work on?

Thanks.

Welcome ikarma5902!
I dont actually have a Zoom.
I think the 'region full' message says it all. What does the manual say about regions?
I don't know the answer to 2, but somebody else might.

Hello Guys, I'm Alex, I sing and play Bouzouki, looking at setting up a Home Studio so I can jam with the boys in the band and also do some recording.
About to poor the Concrete Slab in the basement for new room, then have to build it and soundproof it, so a few months away from doing any recording or playing at home.
Cheers Alex

Hi Homerecording guys , i am from Italy , guitar , bass and drum player ,
several years ago i got a black metal project with friends , we had a lot of fun with rehersal ,live gig and a demo album .Now i am trying to create something on my own , writing composing , record and produce all stuff…
i have spend several night at daw and on the web, in the last 2 years in order to learn the basics and little more , but i lack the most important thing, share opinions and tips with other people , so here i am 🤟🏻🙏🏻💪🏻 Have a great time

i am not a musician, but a poet and artist, while i would like to gradually learn more about music and how it works and is made, as id love to eventually be able to write both music (compose) and lyrics (poetry to music), at present im more interested in learning how to "make art" with sounds, so my main interest, at present, is in experimental music, see how things pan out :)

i am not a musician, but a poet and artist, while i would like to gradually learn more about music and how it works and is made, as id love to eventually be able to write both music (compose) and lyrics (poetry to music), at present im more interested in learning how to "make art" with sounds, so my main interest, at present, is in experimental music, see how things pan out :)
Welcome johm19. What instrument(s) are you interested in? Poetry and lyric writing is an art and so is music. Marrying the two is the trick. Music writing is my primary skill so I generally write the music first and then write the lyrics to fit the mood of the music but can be done either way. Good luck to you.

Hi I’m Neal, 👋new to the forum and to music reproduction.
I’ve always had a hankering to have a play though and see what tracks i could make with some practice.
I am quite nostalgic for the 1980/90s though attempting to setup a vintage setup. 1989 Macintosh with cubase, a midi Roland sound canvas and controller keyboard. Looking forward to learning how to make s home studio and make some tracks.

Welcome johm19. What instrument(s) are you interested in? Poetry and lyric writing is an art and so is music. Marrying the two is the trick. Music writing is my primary skill so I generally write the music first and then write the lyrics to fit the mood of the music but can be done either way. Good luck to you.
i like all sounds and instruments markmann, from the perspective of experimental music i am at present most interested in buchlas, i have a lot of experience writing poetry, had a collection published years ago, though my attempts at writing specific lyrics which would go with music have, to date, not really yielded anything close to completion or satisfaction, so im thinking to write lyrics for others' music, and try to make my own music as instrumental only, at least for a while

Back