New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Dayton here. New to recording and producing, and I am trying to absorb it all in small bites, but man, there is just a lot to learn. Hoping to use the forum to help focus on one thing at a time, instead of bouncing around between a million ideas at once.

Welcome Dayton. Just remember that the first shots are probably not going to be "George Martin in Abbey Road with The Beatles" quality. Find some songs, load up the DAW, set up the mics and start recording. If it doesn't sound right, move them around, hang up some moving blankets, get the mics closer or farther , fool around until it sounds closer to what you want. You'll get there.

Hey all, I’m Lance. Getting back in the game after having to sell off all my gear, twice! On the other hand, I’ve done more in the last month than I have in the last eight years so maybe I just had too many options. Anyway, I’m back in it with a new perspective on what is actually important. Glad to be here

Hi everyone! I’m Max.

I’ve been playing music for 10 years. I play guitar (especially lead), piano/synth, bass, and some singing. Would love to collaborate.

I’ve gotten really into recording and mixing this year after five years of dabbling, and I’m looking forward to learning more. I used to use Reaper (if anyone wants a copy of the software, you can have my key since I no longer use it) but I switched to Logic for easier collaboration with my friends.

PS—the cat is named Winston

Hi y'all. Name is Alfredo aka "Freedo". All my life I've been been a rock punk/pop kinda of guy but lately I've been very into boom bap beats so this is my attempt to learn how to do some descent beats:LOL:. I just got my hands to a Akai Mpk mini and still trying to figure out it.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hello. I'm Bill. I'm a normal guy who is trying to get better at making music stuff.

I especially want to improve in producing, mixing and mastering.

I'm very interested in upgrading microphones and other recording equipment. I also take things apart and repair them when I have to.... but only to the extent that a completely normal person would. The microphone upgrade section is what actually brought me here.

I'm John. I'm 33. I've been a closeted songwriter since I was a teenager. I have had no real formal music education, but I started just started a bachelors degree program in music production @ LA Film School.

I started playing guitar when I was 18. I can't read music but I can figure out a melody by ear. I have an arsenal over 100 songs that I have written. Most of what I write is in the rock or pop category, but I like to explore other genres occasionally.

I decided on a music production degree because I want the songs I've already written to go the distance and reach their maximum potential. I'm looking to polish my rough GarageBand drafts of songs into professional sounding gems.

I have low confidence as a musician, but high confidence writing catchy hooks and witty lyrics.

I have complex PTSD and a one in a million backstory. I'm late to the game, but I think I've got a good hand to play. I'm excited for a chance to collaborate and learn from other creators on here.

just started a bachelors degree program in music production @ LA Film School.
Welcome. One of many from that school.
You can't read music? What the hell do they teach in a degree course in music production?
If you're going to get anywhere in a tough industry, you need all the skills you can lay your hands on.
You're still young, you should get into reading music now, however difficult it seems.
Writing songs is a good skill, and playing a whole bunch of instruments helps too.
Hope I don't sound too negative.

Hi, I have just joined the forum and look forward to exchanging information as required. I am the owner of Guildford Audio here in the UK and currently have a few tape machines including a Tascam 16 track, Revox PR99 / C270 and a pair of Otari MSR 12, one half inch and the other 1/4 inch, both came from a studio in the Birmingham area. I hope my being from the retail business is not frowned upon. Regards Trevor

Hi everyone, im a caveman, artist (not cave paintings), illustrator, 3D artist, graphic designer and a long time amateur sound guy, finally planning to up my game to get more professional and useable results.

Old bloke here, just turned 50 a few days ago ...An Antique!! I just purchased a Zoom R20 to replace an ageing Boss Br8 !! Looking to gain some knowledge from the good folks here :)

Back