Spaceman's Highway (29 Million Miles)

frank1985

Weird mish mash of ambient, psychedelia, electro, prog, rock, metal, and even a few bars of funk! Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:
Nice song. How many tracks does it have? I hear guitar, bass, drums, synth, at least 2 different voices, some fancy effects that fly from left to right and back (this really adds to it on headphones), ...

Nice song. How many tracks does it have? I hear guitar, bass, drums, synth, at least 2 different voices, some fancy effects that fly from left to right and back (this really adds to it on headphones), ...
Thanks trichter...probably around 50 or 60 lol, something ridiculous. Though I hear on some orchestral mixes there can be up to 100 tracks.

Some of the guitar parts remind me of Steve Hillage. Cool change up at 1.45. After that it kind of wanders a bit. Lots of ear candy and nice sounds. It needs to come back and resolve itself.

Thanks guys, I find I get more honest feedback here, which isn’t necessarily good for my ego but allows me to improve! yes I agree it needs some resolution...maybe I could reintroduce the ambient part from the start? The schizoid, wondering approach was kind of intentional, though I can accept that in this case it probably didn’t work.

Last edited:
I think the mix is good, all the individual sounds are good and audible. The vocoder vocals were not clear to me, the effect is lost if the words can not be easily understood. Also at the (3:20) mark the clean guitar was a good bit louder than the distorted, seems dynamically confusing. Besides those nit picks the mix has many interesting things going on it sounds like you know what you're doing and put alot of effort into this. Nice listen!

Ha! I really enjoyed this. No, it's not a pop song structure, but who cares? That's obviously not what the song is supposed to be. It kind of sounds like a cross between Jeff Beck, Steve Vai, Black Sabbath, and Frank Zappa or something. I thoroughly enjoyed the guitar playing, as well as all the ear candy with effects (filtering, panning, etc.).

I could see (hear) this being used in a film or TV show.

Anyway ... thanks for sharing! That was a great!

Back