Kanye West....

That's what makes the Jets so much better...the've had 45 years of uninterrupted consistency in their game.
It's not easy to overcome that, break stride, and win a SB. :)

That's what makes the Jets so much better...the've had 45 years of uninterrupted consistency in their game.
It's not easy to overcome that, break stride, and win a SB. :)
I know that I come across as a guy with no class...I accept that. However, in my defense, the 2 years the Jets went to the AFC championship game, I vowed to QQ that I would root for the Jets to win the SB, because I wanted him to experience the joy of victory.
I did my part! :D

There'll be a big crowd. There always is. There was uproar when Jay-Z was announced in 2009(?), but he still drew 90,000 people.

The thing with festivals is that it's a captive audience. He'll have a crowd because they'll be there anyway and for some reason some sick motherfuckers do actually like that moron.

I saw Slayer at a festival last year because I was just there already. I'd never pay money to see that shit music by themselves.

Research shows that anger is the emotion that spreads news the fastest.

So how much is Kanye paying you all to keep this thread bumped?
'Cause I want in.

The thing with festivals is that it's a captive audience. He'll have a crowd because they'll be there anyway and for some reason some sick motherfuckers do actually like that moron.

I saw Slayer at a festival last year because I was just there already. I'd never pay money to see that shit music by themselves.

Not really at Glastonbury - there's over 100 stages. But, you get people who will go and see whatever's on the main stage and there's lots of young people who actually think he's good.

Wow. Slayer...Kanye or slayer? If forced to choose, frankly I would struggle. :)

God I never much cared for festivals though. Too many friggin' people and the logistics and, eh...guess I'm just getting old. The smaller the venue the better for the most part I think...up to a point...sound-wise.

Wow. Slayer...Kanye or slayer? If forced to choose, frankly I would struggle. :)

God I never much cared for festivals though. Too many friggin' people and the logistics and, eh...guess I'm just getting old. The smaller the venue the better for the most part I think...up to a point...sound-wise.

I tell you this...Slayer was fucking savagely loud. Even by outdoor festival standards. No matter where you were at that time, no matter what other band you were in front of, you heard slayer playing all over the place. That part was actually funny.

I used to love me some Slayer.Haven't heard much of what they've done in the past 20 years.
I went to the Monsters of Rock festival in the late 80s at a speedway in rural Maine.Half way through it poured like a mother fucker, for the rest of the concert.It was cold and drenched, and there were 50,000 people there. Sucked balls.Only a 1 lane road in and out of there, and people treated this little town like a toilet. The next week, The Grateful Dead played there, and I don't think they've had a concert there since. Fuck outdoor festivals.

He's funny on a different level to me. See, in my old country slang, Kanye is very similar to a word that mean "to shit" - kenja - (pronounced kenya, like the country, only the accent is on the *e*)

So if you say Kanye kenja...it means Kanye is taking a shit. :D

I went to the Monsters of Rock festival in the late 80s at a speedway in rural Maine...The next week, The Grateful Dead played there, and I don't think they've had a concert there since.

Oh yeah! Summer of 1988. Oxford Plains Speedway. I went to the two Dead shows there and it was a fantastic time. Just a couple of towns over from me.

People here still talk about that weekend fondly. The local people I spoke with that weekend did sound like they had been a bit horrified by the Monsters of Rock crowd. They seemed to like us well enough, although closer to 80,000 showed up. It was a mess. People charged $10 for parking, for camping in their back yard, for showers, etc. At least we gave the Oxford economy a little boost there.

They did try one more time with a hippy-ish rock festival there maybe 5-10 years ago, but although they planned to do it again the following year, it got canceled. Nothing since.

He's funny on a different level to me. See, in my old country slang, Kanye is very similar to a word that mean "to shit" - kenja - (pronounced kenya, like the country, only the accent is on the *e*)

So if you say Kanye kenja...it means Kanye is taking a shit. :D

usually out his mouth...

Back