acoustic rock song, Mix it?

I sent this in a private message, but I'll put it here too: You need to re-consolidate your files with different settings.

-I (we) don't need the .reapeak files at all.
-All the .wav files are different lengths, when they should all be exactly the same length so that all the tracks line up and start at 0:00.
-Some of the .reapeak files do not have matching .wav files, which indicates to me that there are .wav files missing (like lead vocals, etc)
-Bounce down the midi (drums?) file to audio before sending
-Please provide BPM if this was recorded to a click

For anyone who wants to hear, this is my mix (second pass) and master (first pass).

Attachments

• 01 - The Ojas Project - Across - master v1 [Half Enigma Productions].mp3
    7.5 MB · Views: 50
Hey guys, here is my final mix and master of this beautiful song. I spent the day driving around to gigs, and was listening to my last one in various systems here and there. As we all know, listening in commercial systems will reveal all kinds of things. I decided the second half of the song needed more movement, energy, and a sense of build to the final climax. So I did that.

Attachments

• 01 - The Ojas Project - Across - master v2 [Half Enigma Productions].mp3
    7.4 MB · Views: 46
Not following you around Brian, I swear! :p

Dl'd now, just getting some extended mixing time in while I had the time free and my personal stuff is in various stages of waiting for others/completion...

I would love to play with this. I am bummed that the drums are all on one track tho. That is where I would start with the mix.

I initially found the "drums in mono" thing to be annoying, since that's where I would start too. However for this track being of such an ambient nature, I found the drums in one mono track to be quite easy to work with.

Here's my mix. Had to mix only using headphones, can't use my monitors at this time. Might revisit if it doesn't sound good on monitors when I listen later.

Enjoyed the song too. :)

View attachment 91558

Hey man, I think you might want to revisit this when you can mix on monitors. The drums are pretty off balance. The cymbals are really, really loud, the kick drum is very woofy and overpowering, while the snare got totally buried.

I have noticed that you do a lot of fake stereo imaging from mono sources in your mixes. What is your process? Are you duplicating and time shifting? Using a mono/stereo imager plugin? Just curious.

RE: stereo imaging... In Sonar there's a plugin called "channel tools". I've spent a lot of time mastering it, works perfectly. I also use Cakewalk's chorus to widen things, depending on instrument/need.

Back