So what do YOU want for Christmas?

Shure AA-427 .

The Shure AA-427 is a cracking mic for just about any application and doubles as a weapon and/or makeshift hammer in need (slightly larger and heavier than a 58 and with none of this soft mesh stuff at the top). Everyone needs at least one.

I won't hear a bad word said about it. :D

I am picking up an Ipad, the wife gets vouchers for riding a bicycle to work and not using a parking space (which the public pay to use), so the vouchers are buying my Ipad christmas present. Then I just need the digital mixer (live work) so the Ipad can talk to it. :thumbs up:

Alan.

A pair of Oktava Mk-012's, One of those radio shack PZM's, or this juicy Epiphone SG in one of the local shops.

The Shure AA-427 is a cracking mic for just about any application and doubles as a weapon and/or makeshift hammer in need (slightly larger and heavier than a 58 and with none of this soft mesh stuff at the top). Everyone needs at least one.

I won't hear a bad word said about it. :D

Not from me. The fabled AA427 - engineers speak of it in hushed tones.

Should I fuck with her and tell her some mic that doesn't exist? If she was a slacker, I totally would. But she's relentless, and she'd scour the Earth for a Shure AA-427 until she went broke or died trying to find such a thing.

When the guitar centre guy sells her a mic that's "just as good as a Shure AA-427", it won't be your wife who got fucked with. :p

I traded my 427 with someone for the 428. It's basically the same but ithe 428 has the pop screen. Some say the pop screen cuts down on the mid-high peak, but really, you can't tell the difference.

I traded my 427 with someone for the 428. It's basically the same but ithe 428 has the pop screen. Some say the pop screen cuts down on the mid-high peak, but really, you can't tell the difference.

LOL - we keep carrying on like this and pretty soon the AA 427 / 428 will start appearing in Google searches... that could get interesting...

At least without the 428 pop screen and the associated internal sponge/wind sock you have less to worry about absorbtion of bodily fluids and transmission of serious diseases like ebola... :D

I supposed I'll get slammed for this, but I actually favor the AA 427b. Sure, it takes a ton of gain, but it sounds good on anything and it's built like a tank.

And speaking of things built like tanks, for Christmas, I'd like a Christmas instrument:

LOL - we keep carrying on like this and pretty soon the AA 427 / 428 will start appearing in Google searches... that could get interesting...

At least without the 428 pop screen and the associated internal sponge/wind sock you have less to worry about absorbtion of bodily fluids and transmission of serious diseases like ebola... :D

I'm kinda tempted to put up a few voice-only comparison/review videos of the AA 427/428/427B.
Maybe a shootout between the three?

I'm kinda tempted to put up a few voice-only comparison/review videos of the AA 427/428/427B.
Maybe a shootout between the three?

Haha! Let's hear it! Now I may have to amend my xmas list because that 427B sounds like a mic I'd want.

Apparently I need an ipad so I can record on the toilet with apps and fake instruments. It's the wave of the very bleak future.

Back