Tempo Changes When Using A Click

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Mozart a musician, or the composer? I don't know. He probably played something, right?

Primarily a grear composer, but one who could also play keys well, according to history....not sure if he played any other instruments.

No you are claiming that it takes great musicianship to record. the opposite is true, great musicians dont punch in, they dont track by track, they play live and improvise. They dont fix tempos they dont use auto tune. Only todays version of music dictates that this is great

They also didn't have access to midi instruments, which (as stated previously) is the reason that I'll sometimes fabricate a moving click track.

You're either not reading, not understanding, or just enjoying being a troll.

No you are claiming that it takes great musicianship to record. the opposite is true, great musicians dont punch in, they dont track by track, they play live and improvise. They dont fix tempos they dont use auto tune. Only todays version of music dictates that this is great

Now who's moving the goalposts? You've got this childishly utopian ideal of what a great musician actually is. Things done in a studio for a recording and what is done live are two different things entirely.

They also didn't have access to midi instruments, which (as stated previously) is the reason that I'll sometimes fabricate a moving click track.

You're either not reading, not understanding, or just enjoying being a troll.

No, but have you not noticed, not one regualar will admit that I am correct, you guys stick up for each other no matter how wrong you are

Now who's moving the goalposts? You've got this childishly utopian ideal of what a great musician actually is. Things done in a studio for a recording and what is done live are two different things entirely.

YES, which would negate the comment u made about me not understanding musicianship

There are plenty of artists who are awesome in the studio, but put them on stage live with great musicians, they dont know what the hell is happening

No, but have you not noticed, not one regualar will admit that I am correct, you guys stick up for each other no matter how wrong you are

You're not correct. No one is sticking up for anyone. If ten different unique personalities are telling you that you are wrong, you probably are.

Come on. Troll or not, you have be logical about this. Could you just be wrong?

Greg conceded a point and that's fair enough. That alone shows we're not just being obtuse because you're new or whatever.

No I read music, I did graduate music college

Yes...but composition isn't playing (without which recordings aren't possible....which is what we were talking about).

So...you have a degree and probably just got out of college not too long ago, which explains why you think you are smarter than everyone else around you....but then, you obviously have problems recording, which is why you are here asking questions.

I can see why that would be frustrating to you.....to have that degree, and yet still struggle to record music well.
It explains a lot about your trolling around here with that chip on your shoulder, but not willing to post-up any music.

Thanks....now it's clear. :)

YES, which would negate the comment u made about me not understanding musicianship
No, that comment stands on it's own. You don't understand any of this.

There are plenty of artists who are awesome in the studio, but put them on stage live with great musicians, they dont know what the hell is happening
No doubt. That doesn't change anything that's been said. The problem for you is that you don't know the difference. You just assume everyone sucks as bad as you do.

Come on. Troll or not, you have be logical about this. Could you just be wrong?

Greg conceded a point and that's fair enough. That alone shows we're not just being obtuse because you're new or whatever.

Yes I could be wrong, but you guys have one brain, none of you will even say something that differs from somebody else.

Why are forums like this? Why does everybody kiss each others behind?

Yes I could be wrong, but you guys have one brain, none of you will even say something that differs from somebody else.

Why are forums like this? Why does everybody kiss each others behind?

Unfortunately you ARE wrong there.
Rami, Greg, Miro....who else..

These guys often don't see eye to eye. They certainly aren't a united front waiting for the next victim.

Look, I don't know if people like you are 'reachable', but I assure you most or all of the people here are just trying to help, and to answer honestly.

I have nothing to brag about. I'm not a commercial engineer or a massively successful guy.
I'm a young guy at the bottom of a ladder, but If I tell you I can do something it's because I can, and because you asked.

After that it's take it or leave it, but don't try to tell me I'm wrong.

Yes...but composition isn't playing (without which recordings aren't possible....which is what we were talking about).

So...you have a degree and probably just got out of college not too long ago, which explains why you think you are smarter than everyone else around you....but then, you obviously have problems recording, which is why you are here asking questions.

I can see why that would be frustrating to you.....to have that degree, and yet still struggle to record music well.
It explains a lot about your trolling around here with that chip on your shoulder, but not willing to post-up any music.

Thanks....now it's clear. :)

But his compositions take talented musicians a long time to learn how to play, sometimes years to perfect them. You cant be a bad musician and write music like that

We actually argue with each other all the time. Miroslav and I never see eye-to-eye on anything, but we both agree that you're full of shit. So what's that say about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back