Tempo Changes When Using A Click

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Seriously? That's what you base your opinions on? A basic 4/4 rock band of professionals that's been around for decades can play together without a guide track? Shocking! Quick, someone tell AC/DC!

No you must have misread. "THEY DID ALLOW FOR CLICK TRACKS ON DRUMS, THEYRE NOT INSANE"

You claim a good drummer can do without it, Dave Grohl wont even go without it :drunk:

No you must have misread. "THEY DID ALLOW FOR CLICK TRACKS ON DRUMS, THEYRE NOT INSANE"

You claim a good drummer can do without it, Dave Grohl wont even go without it :drunk:

Except he has done....20 something years ago.
If Grohl does anything it's through choice. The man is oozing skill and talent whether someone likes him or not.

There's a HUGE difference between being able to do without a click track, and refusing to use a click track. Again, this is one of the nuances of musicianship that you don't understand.

Grohl is a pretty good rock drummer, so is Taylor Hawkins, and I know they'd be fine with or without a click track, just like any good drummer.

Ok where are your altered tempo gems? Let me have a listen :facepalm:

Again, you fail to understand. Recurring theme anyone?

In the given example I didn't alter the tempo of the performance. I created a variable click to follow natural tempo changes.

I only brought it up because you said it can't be done. That's been neatly brushed under the carpet though, and now you're arguing a different point.

I've lost track of what that might be, but I'm sure everyone here except you is wrong.

Except he has done....20 something years ago.
If Grohl does anything it's through choice. The man is oozing skill and talent whether someone likes him or not.

I like him too, but at the end of the day he is a punk rock musician. I agree he did the project by choice, but they still used a click track for drums

Which leads back to the OP

Again, you fail to understand. Recurring theme anyone?

I don't usually alter the tempo. I create a variable click to follow natural tempo changes.
It's a guide to make life easier.

Ok Mr Variable lets hear a track you worke don where you used variable click tracks to use as a guide, and nobody would know it friom listening that the tempo was all over

WTF are you even talking about now? No one recorded anything back then. You're now just making shit up to prolong your idiotic trolling. :laughings:

No you are claiming that it takes great musicianship to record. the opposite is true, great musicians dont punch in, they dont track by track, they play live and improvise. They dont fix tempos they dont use auto tune. Only todays version of music dictates that this is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back